Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.
Reaction score
r1830377173.jpg
capt.mil11010021342.italy_fashion_mil110.jpg

capt.mil10910021340.italy_fashion_mil109.jpg
r3309114155.jpg

the first dress is SO tasteless!

...expect to see christina in it sometime soon :rolleyes:

That second ensemble would be so much better minus the hat.

I am frightened... Cavalli just gets worse and worse. And it's always that same hippie stuff that he puts on the shelves, at least it seems so to me. :rolleyes:

One of the worst, but a slight improvement from the previous two seasons. There were times when Cavalli made my top 5 collections of the season. Sigh.

Melikes:
00270f.jpg
00570f.jpg

This is for Britney:
00240f.jpg

I surprised myself, I always very much dislike Cavalli, but I love this! :heart:
Apart from the 'i am naked except for my belly'-dresses and everything with pants. Those huge dresses with the folding and all that were absolutely magnificent and also those soft, hippie-like, Dior couture-like dresses were fab. :o

ughhhhh. this is SO GOOD. the girls, the soundtrack. I just love how "in your face" everything looked. I'd take this collection before any trash we've seen for the last two years.

the second look on Mariacarla. are you f*cking kidding me?

ughhhhh. this is SO GOOD. the girls, the soundtrack. I just love how "in your face" everything looked. I'd take this collection before any trash we've seen for the last two years.

the first look on Mariacarla. are you f*cking kidding me?

Almost every show from that era is iconic. The clothes are great, and the girls stomped for their lives.

Lol. All the hate comments from the time this was presented vs. the recent comments calling this iconic. I wonder if in twenty years it will be the same with all the new collections we hate now?

Absolutely nothing from 2020 will be remembered. I think Raf Simons Prada debut will be as memorable as his Dior debut. Olivier Theyskens first true Azzaro show will also be one for the books. Unfortunately looking forward I really can't see anything else becoming iconic. The economy has a choke hold on the fashion industry and subsequently creativity will be pushed aside. I hope there will be some standout collections in the coming years, but the outlook does not look bright.

^^^ I’d further add that nothing of this fashion era will be remembered fondly: It will serve as a cautionary warning to future eras, if anything. Adult fashion victims will look back on this era feeling like titanic suckers. Thank goodness I had the good fortune to have grown up with the likes of Prada/Helmut/Jil/Calvin at their prime in the late-90s— thus developing a natural aversion to monogram/logo-drenched basics. I don’t think I’d be interested in fashion if I were 14yo in 2020. It’s all so basic, sloppy, amateur and utterly disposable. You’d think with the way that fashion from the 1920s on making leaps and bounds when it comes to progression and innovation in fabrication alongside design, we’d be at a great place in 2020. Instead, we’re in the equivalent of the Stone Ages of the fashion timeline. It’s all horrifically dumbed down for the masses with all these once great labels all looking like outlet-versions of their former selves.

(Cavalli is straightforward sexy fun and nothing more. Although even Cavalli’s ruffles and flouncing, billowing skirts would easily put Maria Grazia's/Pierpaolo’s to shame any time, any place, anywhere.

The one main cringey component of this label was the sort of people that it attracted at the time: Guidos/guidettes that in retrospect, were the epitome of toxic behaviour. I still vividly remember talking to this guidette-type— complete with the horrendous yellow hair w/black tips and an orange spray-on tan, coral lipstick and she, in that very first impression, came off so dense and full of herself at the same time. And this was generally the type that wore Cavalli back in the day.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->