Roberto Cavalli S/S 2009 Milan

i love this collection! cavalli is so much more than just leopard prints, i think many people shld start noticing this ultra feminine side!

Sexy and wild :woot:
The dresses on Lily and Natasha are incredible!

i am so glad cavalli showed, after a long time, a consistent focused collection that is both true to his style and still on trend. the feeling that he had "lost it" even if he is not truly my style, was still a bit bothering. happy to see he hasnt

It's ok IMO.
None of the pieces are truly gorgeous, but some of them are very nice anyway.

SO normlly I'd hate it immediately, this, I'm actually kind of liking quite a bit of it..

I think it's pretty good! I mean, I'm not dying over anything, but there are some beautiful pieces. I like the printed mini dresses and I LOVE that black and white, sheer, flowing dress on Aline!

i must be the only one who are not liking this collection! i thought last season was better!
:heart:

The brands I usually criticize are producing surprisingly cogent collections this season. This is quite good...psychedelic tropicalia. The dresses at the end remind me of Nina Ricci.

I love it! Im usually not a fan of Cavalli's kind of sexy but this is gorgeus. The short dresses reminds me of antique china.

I think I am looking at a different collection than everyone else in this thread :o

I think me too :huh: This looks really really ugly IMO. Incohesive, badly fit, poorly fabricated and just very tacky. I don't even see how it's sexy. Maybe those minis, which seem ok, but those seethrough maxi dresses? Eww to that...

I actually like this collection

I think me too :huh: This looks really really ugly IMO. Incohesive, badly fit, poorly fabricated and just very tacky. I don't even see how it's sexy. Maybe those minis, which seem ok, but those seethrough maxi dresses? Eww to that...

Yeah those maxi dresses are just nasty. Some of the mini dresses are adorable, the prints on them remind me of handpainted china. The prints/textiles are very lovely in general in a good 45% of the collection. Can someone explain all the references to me??:blink: Victorian, art deco, bohemian, lolita-esque, 20's fringe...ridiculously inconsistent.

Well i think this is an improvement from last year but i still dont love it.

It would seem that, not only is he losing his mind with all of those random things he's been quoted as saying lately, he's losing his ability to design as well. I haven't been impressed by a Cavalli collection since his f/w 06 show. F/W 07 was pretty good too. Those two collections were a different side of him, and a very very welcome change.

But I'd almost prefer that he did the full on, bird of paradise with her boobs out at the Lido, showgirl shtick than just this "it's nice, not great, not bad" thing. If Miuccia Prada has taught me anything, it's that I'd rather hate something with a passion than not feel much of anything at all. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->