Rochas S/S 10 Paris

So it's Rochas? :unsure: I see more of Kenzo and other designers than Rochas, do not like it at all :(

Reality: the collection could have shown crazy, exotic alien women but it would mean nothing if there is no market to buy it (as with Theysken's last collections). The industry cannot run on the mere blithering blog comments and our own revered warm and fuzzy comments here on TFS...someone needs to actually BUY THIS STUFF before another house closes.

They needed to make it known there is an exact woman that can go to Rochas.

The slightly cerebral Dries- Kenzo - Marni on an adventurous day kind of young woman (not girl).

That said, I hope it does sell for everyone's sake. I am tired of seeing silly, delusional outfits that will never make it out of a page in some endlessly obscure fashion rag.

Dreaming is one thing, actually wearing something is so much more exciting, no?

well said Bidwell......blog praises dont sell clothes lol

Full Collection.

9tq4g.jpg
nAhLu.jpg

jK8AE.jpg
5Ffcf.jpg

GeevF.jpg
6U0XR.jpg

style.it

If this were shown in NYC by an American designer no one would care...

This could easily be Jason Wu

It isn't my style, but I can appreciate how it *will* sell, especially to the Dries van Noten/Kenzo/Marni crowd. The tailoring isn't too shabby either, and I wouldn't mind some pieces from here as affordable classics. Seriously, this hits the sweet spot in terms of the recessionary climate and the new sobriety. The over indulgence in excesses in fashion irritates me now, particularly the over decorated and embellished clothes. Those look very dated to me. Of course this isn't "avant-garde", but neither is Theyskens for a long time. I waded through my wardrobe recently and found a grey wool Nina Ricci zipped jacket from Theyskens first collection - *that* was fantastic, cut like a volumetric Rick Owens meets Rochas, and still right for today - but I remembered Theyskens was panned by the critics for it and he showed collections of impossible to wear "flou" afterwards.

I like the vintagey vibe, like the print combinations better than Dries, actually :innocent:, and to me the socks evoke the 30s/40s, when women couldn't afford to wear stockings every day, or just plain couldn't get them due to shortages.

Hope I get to see this in stores--some of the fabrics and colors are quite, quite lovely. And I'm glad he made a complete departure--no point in competing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definite Dries, and like Dries, it's all very wearable comfort food clothing.

(love that term)

This collection reminds me of my french neighbor. From the hat, the below the knee printed shirt dresses, to the socks and sandals. I see a very cultured woman wearing this. and my neighbor is because she's a history teacher. I love this collection

Errrm.............no. Rochas has suffered long enough. I'd hate to admit it but people aren't just gonna get over Thyskens just like that, because what he did for Rochas in the past was just too magnificent.
Hmmm it looks like the sl*tty version of Prada/Marni.
It's not ugly though, just boring and doomed to be made bad.

^ I'm not at all sure where you're finding 'sl*tty' in this collection ...

this is the type of collection that's produced just to create enough buzz to sell a new perfume. while i cannot deny the allure of those bountiful florals (although there's clear reference to dries and marni in them), it lacks the monumentality of the old house and the poetry of its most recent incarnation.

and whoever said wintour would wear this must discount her loyalty to theyskens.

What the hell is this?
It's a crappy mix of Dries Van Noten,Prada,Kenzo and Marni...cheap prints,hideous accessories and granny clothes...could it get any worse?
I was expecting to see some other cheap plastic transparent bag here too
Bring Oliver back please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->