Rodarte S/S 2009

oh, that dress looks so good on the pic, I really want to touch it. And buy it. Mission Accomplished, girls.

The font graphic is a little juvenile, but pretty nonetheless. I just expected more. Backstage the pictures are so full of life and this is so dead.

are we sure it's even a campaign in the first place and not just some creative mock-ad like self service does? i mean if it's only printed in V you can only suspect it's just a special photo for it only.

anyway,i don't care for that large font as well. if it were small like their fonts on their web site it would have been more beautiful and poetic. subtle works since their clothes and the image itself is so dynamic.

^^ I think the large font is smart from a marketing perspective, since Rodarte is such a new brand that many readers may not yet have actually heard of them, in terms of having a sense of the brand, yet.

I'm not sure overall how I feel though -- i wish the ad put these clothes in a real context other than a studio. I hope this is only the beginning of a concept that will evolve with subsequent ads.

I think ultimately this ad won't impress those that already know/love the clothes, but it will likely put the brand on the radar of some people who may not have noticed Rodarte before.

^ me too!

I hope we'll see some color and smaller font. But this shot itself does look beautiful.

I would never thought that Rodarte was going to advertise... But that's a beautiful shot, and I liked the colors... I just thought that the font should have been smaller, as AnaBGD said.
I like it in b&w...

The only thing that's bothering me are the font colors.

Besides that I love it. I love how no one's trying to guess who the model is.
Everyone is focusing on the garment.

I think ads are supposed to be that way.

:smile:

i guess it's not rodarte's first campaign, isn't it there's a campaign with karen elson for fall winter 08 right??

^Yes,I was just wondering when someone was going to bring it up.

^True. I've never seen it anywhere else. But for a first time ad, I do like that they made their logo nice and big to get people's attention. They're still pretty much an unknown brand. The others - D&G, Gucci, etc. all look the same but this ad made me stop and stare because it was something I didn't recognize at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->