Roland Mouret for GAP

pics from telegraph.co.uk newspaper website

only net profits from the red dresses will go to project red charities.

i think the reason that this is launching in the UK because people are more accustomed to paying more for gap items over there than in the USA.

Attachments

• roland1.jpg
    roland1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 7
  • roland2.jpg
    roland2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 11
  • roland3.jpg
    roland3.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 8
  • roland4.jpg
    roland4.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 4
Info for NY shoppers...from fashionweek daily.

The Dress Gap
Roland Mouret's frocks pared down Stateside

Thursday, November 02, 2006

(NEW YORK) Though Gap announced Tuesday that Roland Mouret had designed a capsule collection of 10 dresses that will be launched in the U.K., Ireland, and France on November 7, only 60 percent of the looks will make it Stateside.
Six out of the 10 Mouret dresses for Gap—including long-sleeve and short-sleeve scoop neck jersey dresses, a long-sleeve v-neck ruffle dress, a boatneck belted dress, and a bracelet sleeve dress—will be available sometime in late November or early December. Of the six offerings, only one—the long-sleeve scoop neck jersey dress, priced at $88—will be offered in red, as part of the Gap (PRODUCT) Red initiative (50 percent of proceeds from this style will benefit The Global Fund to Fight AIDS). The other five dresses, priced from $88-$108, will only be available in black.
“I was interested in the opportunity to make my designs available to a broader audience, and was particularly excited about the (RED) involvement,” said Mouret of this project, his first since signing with 19RM. “This initiative is so important and Gap has given me the opportunity to be able to translate my ideas in a more casual sensibility and at the same time help raise funds that will target the AIDS pandemic in Africa.”
The six dresses will be available exclusively at seven Gap stores in New York, including 54th Street & 5th Avenue, 59th & Lexington Ave., Astor Place, 42nd & Broadway, 34th & Broadway, 18th & 5th Ave., and 42nd & 3rd Ave.

anyone go to this? story from vogue.co.uk

GAP RIOT
spacer.gif
GAP opened its doors to the public extra early this morning so that fashionistas could be the first to get their hands on Roland Mouret's line of 10 dresses, designed exclusively for the high street chain. The result was instant pandemonium as women trampled each other on their way to the changing rooms, and size small frocks sold out before 9:30am. According to the retailer, 500 dresses sold in just two hours. Famous for his iconic Galaxy dress, which was sported by the likes of Scarlett Johansson and Rachel Weisz, Mouret's line, which ranges in price from £45 to £78, includes includes a little black shift dress with gathered cap sleeves, a blue belted tunic that is already pipped to be the best-seller of the collection, and three red styles which will be sold as part of Gap's (RED) initiative, with 50 per cent of the profits they raise going towards the Global Fund to Fight Aids, Tuberculosis and Malaria. To get your hands on the covetable dresses head to your closest Gap straight away. (November 7 2006, AM)

I wonder if this is just in London, where people are more kind of label/fashion obsessed?

oh boo. I was going to go to Gap today to see if they had any sweater vests. The nearest one to where I work is Mansion House so maybe it will be quieter there anyway.

Hey!

I really must admit that the new Gap campaign for RED is really quite brilliant! I've always been just a bit skeptical vis-a-vie these "and we split the profits" inasmuch as someone is always being ripped-off. Serioulsy how much did Geldorf and his mates raise up compared to how much actually went to the starving, down trodden, with HIV? :woot:

It seems that every time that an individual, organisation, or institution tries to better any society, there are always the war-lords, transportation difficulties, and whatever. I hold in very high esteem those who give so much of themselves and those others who give so much of their money only to see it fall into the wrong hands.

Back to the Gap...their entire RED designs and messages conveyed is awesome! Thank you and we'll talk later. :flower:

I love Mouret but some of these GAP designs just look shapeless..

So they're not spectacular, but I will still be there to check them out when they come into New York stores.
Thanks for all the info everyone :flower:

I really hope I can get my hands on some of these, esp. the grey and black ones. I love them. Sucks living in North Dakota. Nothing comes here. Our department stores are like outlets for what didn't sell at the bigger city stores.

Here is one of the Mouret dresses I tried on in GAP at Oxford St:

mourat2.jpg

mourat1.jpg

I did not buy one dress though, at £78.95 - there are EXTREMELY overpriced! They are nothing unique, nor nothing to get excited about - I could easily pick up a tunic dress very similar for £10 on eBay or down at Camden Market. I was dissapointed!

I agree Innocent. I was at that Gap yesterday evening and the queues in the store were LONG. I found one dress that I thought was cute but it was £78 and I was like um, NO.

^YES! Grossly overpriced....for things that look like you could get at H&M for twenty quid.... I'm not impressed at all...

I can't believe they are charging those prices for this crappy 'design'???

They must think people are stupid.. well, I do feel the people that pay that price for any of theese dresses.. please. It's outrageous!:angry:

Meg said:
I agree Innocent. I was at that Gap yesterday evening and the queues in the store were LONG. I found one dress that I thought was cute but it was £78 and I was like um, NO.

The weird thing is - on Tuesday when they were put on sale, GAP in Oxford Circus was actually quite...erm, dead. There was this woman who was getting OVERLY excited about them and I couldn't help but giggle - the nutter! These dresses are nothing to get excited about - totally bland and boring.

InnocentFairy said:
The weird thing is - on Tuesday when they were put on sale, GAP in Oxford Circus was actually quite...erm, dead. There was this woman who was getting OVERLY excited about them and I couldn't help but giggle - the nutter! These dresses are nothing to get excited about - totally bland and boring.

I'm actually going ot London tomorrow and just want to check out the GAP in oxford circus. Does anyone know if there's still a lot of stuff left?

It depends. There is one just off Oxford Circus (on Regent St. I think) and then there is one on Oxford St (close to Selfridges). The one on Oxford St had TONS when I was there yesterday

jessieee12 said:
I'm actually going ot London tomorrow and just want to check out the GAP in oxford circus. Does anyone know if there's still a lot of stuff left?

The one on Oxford St (near Selfridges) has loads of dresses in. No suprise there! :P

they look good to me...i think you should have gotten that dress fairy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markchris20224
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->