Rosie Bids Adieu to "The View"

novella

breakfast time
Reaction score
2ldtxt4.jpg

There is a strong buzz in Hollywood that Rosie O'Donnell will announce Wednesday (April 25th) that she is leaving "The View."

If it happens, it's likely Rosie will stick it out through the end of the season.

TMZ has spoken with multiple industry people who say the word is spreading and the info emanated from inside the show itself.

Rosie's rep could not be reached for comment.

(image & source: http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/24/rosie-bids-adieu-to-the-view/)

^ I can't say that I'm surprised...

Oh i hope not. i like her outspokenness on that show. Watch them bring in another Republican. :sick:

And The View will go back to being boring. No one really cared what anyone else said on that show.

Last edited by a moderator:
TV Guide ~

Rosie Exiting The View: ABC Couldn't Fulfill My Needs

Rosie O'Donnell has been unable to come to a contractual agreement with ABC Daytime, and as a result, her duties as a cohost of The View will end in mid-June (allowing for at least three more grade-school caliber back-and-forths with the Donald). "Working with Barbara [Walters], Joy [Behar] and Elisabeth [Hasselbeck] has been one of the highlights of my career, but my needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me," Rosie says in a statement to ABCNews.com. "To all the viewers out there, I just want to say 'Thank you' for opening up your hearts and your homes to me this past year. But you can always find me at Rosie.com." (Not recommended, however, for fans of complete sentences.)

ABC Daytime boss man Brian Frons says, "Going in we knew we would have an amazing year with [Rosie], and that anything beyond that would be gravy. And while we've tried to come to terms on a deal that would extend her [stay] on The View, we find ourselves unable to agree on some key elements."

View mother hen Barbara Walters deems the departure an amicable one, saying, "[Rosie] has given the program new vigor, new excitement and wonderful hours of television. I am very sad that ABC Daytime could not reach an agreement with her for a second year. We will all miss Rosie. She remains for me a cherished friend and colleague."

Who will fill Ro's sensible shoes? Is Ann Coulter free?

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Todays-News/Rosie-Bids-Adieu/800013571

This is a bad move not only for the View but for Rosie...that show was the only thing keeping her relevant and likewise for the show. She's too outrageous to have her own show...The View needs someone equally shocking at this point to replace her...

zembla said:
This is a bad move not only for the View but for Rosie...that show was the only thing keeping her relevant and likewise for the show. She's too outrageous to have her own show...The View needs someone equally shocking at this point to replace her...

totally true. bad move on both parts

Rosie sometimes makes me feel uncomfortable with her strong opinions but I started watching the View again after not watching it for several years because she makes it interesting. I actually make an effort to watch when she is on. I don't know who they could find that would stir things up the way she does.

How much $$ does dirty Rosie want? Or, perhaps she used The View as a springboard back into her own talk show.

Donald Trump is saying he ruined Rosie and that is why she isn't being renewed...
I had thought all along she was only doing it for 1 year...
Didn't she say that at the start?

^ yeah that's what I thought too,
you would think Donald Trump had better things to do than talk smack about people ALL the time.

^ Yeah, doesn't he have his crappy show to tape.
I am not the biggest Rosie fan by any means but I think he is just too lame for words so she wins by default.

Has she said she wants her own show again?
I thought she was done with all that.

THANK GOD!!!!! I wish her happiness but out of the public eye or at least out of my line of sight

Apparently ABC wanted to resign her for 3 years and she only wanted to do 1 year. I think ABC should have just signed her for the 1 yr she wanted - the rating are way up and the show gets tons of press now because of her.

They still haven't replaced Star and now they have to replace Rosie as well. Going to be pretty difficult.

iLoveCouture said:
I wonder who they plan on bringing in to take her place.

I'm afraid they'll have to call a draft: Joan Baez, Annie Sprinkle, and the dignified remains of Andrea Dworkin should get really low numbers.

Ohhh Kathy Griffin would be good but Barbara hates her so she'd never get the job. I'd love to see her be snarky to the celebs while interviewing them.

AGH not Kathy Griffins.. she is so tacky.. and in a bad way.. not funny at all.

I think they should bring back lisa ling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hipolito201
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->