Runway Makeup F/W 09.10

Berardi F/W 09.10

berardi.jpg

MAC’s Madly Magenta Cream Colour Base topped off with Pigment in Magenta Madness. The hue is vivid enough to be a bit shocking on its own, but when paired with a sequined shift dress, it’s also somehow classic—and apparently totally re-creatable.

style.com

“I was told by Karl [Lagerfeld] that the collection mainly included black, white, pink, and a dash of jade,” creative director of makeup Peter Philips said of the inspiration for the look he created backstage at Chanel yesterday. Keeping models’ faces “graphic but soft at the same time,” Philips translated these colors into cosmetic terms, designing black and white lash embellishments brought to fruition by artisans at the Lesage embroidery atelier in Paris, adding coral pink accents to eyes and cheeks, and applying a few coats of a jade nail color to fingertips. “I love to work very soft around the eye with gray-green or light pink shadows, putting the focus on the nails with a red or a dark jade,” Philips divulged, adding that the flip side of this technique also works well: “You can also go for something strong around the eye, like a dramatic gloss, with a subtle nail in pearl or soft jade.” Luckily, both options will—fingers crossed—be available when his new Fall color collection launches this summer. On tap: an eye gloss quad that features four iconic shades associated with the brand in black, rouge-noir, pearl, and gold (a palette for which Philips admits to having a “soft spot” that we will no doubt develop, too). And while the green nails he sent down the runway were created just for the presentation, Philips is known for using the catwalk as a preview for limited-edition cult nail colors to come (the Moscow collection, anyone?) so we can only hope a lacquer in vert is in the works for public consumption.

style.com

I love most of all Dolce Gabbana look:heart:
especially Anna's make up:heart::heart::heart:
dolce-and-gabbana18.jpg

wwd.com

Of these, I like Tuleh, D&G, Alberta Ferretti, and Alessandro Dell Acqua. I too would like to know what that metallic lipgloss is. It reminds me of Dior Plastic Shine, which I believe may live on under another name?

^ It is ... but I don't like lining my inner eye or whatever it's called ... plus my skin is oily, so it's futile, it will just slip off ...

Love the bronze glitter eyeliner at Derek Lam and the red eye glitter at Prada! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carmennprivato
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->