Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

I went to the Saint-Germain-des-Prés store yesterday, it was empty while people were queuing at LV and Saint-Laurent... effectively the menswear is so different, heavily monogrammed, compared to the Ancora womenswear, but both are terribly finished, like I spotted multiple threads on buttons, buttonholes, and hems, crinkled or unsteamed fabrics, etc... And there were simple beige and ivory mens suits in horsebit jacquard but 100% polyester.
I compared also the new really small Jackie Notte at 2,980 vs the YSL mini Voltaire at 1,590 or an Evening Kate at 1,800 ... I think I saw clients checking Gucci bags then 30 minutes later going to YSL to actually buy ....
Gucci in NYC is always empty. Celine on the other hand…… packed.

He’s exhibiting such bad behavior all around. Defensive interviews, poorly written instagram posts, and acting a fool backstage. Where is the gratitude and professionalism?

He’s embarrassed because he knows ÁNCORA is getting shredded. That is how embarrassed people act
This. He is clearly struggling w a lot of anxeity.

I mean he let Kering gas his head up. Ultimately hes just a pawn Kering is using.

Just finished the film. Cute story only 20 minutes.
I went in wanting to understand more about the new Gucci.
I still don’t like Ancora and his vision (so far) but at least he seems to have a good time. Good for him
it’s on Mubi with a free trial :wink:

Honestly, Gucci is giving 'shoving it down someone's throat' a whole new dimension.
The reality is nobody really cares to learn more about Sabato and certainly not the average Gucci client.

I watched the Loic Prigent video and surely on a personal level Sabato is probably a sympathetic and enthusiastic person.
Maybe it was a language barrier somehow but him talking about the collection was just very cringe and painful, it became very clear that his designs come from a rather superficial level without any interesting meaning, inspiration or thoughts behind them. Just whatever basic inspiration he found in the Gucci archives and how he tweaked it in the most unoriginal, clueless way.

The whole issue is that Gucci has been so aggressive with their marketing, I think for now they have little choice but to continue down this path. Mr. Arnault is probably so extremely pleased right now.

It does not mind who is the designer, all that people cares is about the clothes. If the clothes are not working, no matter how much you want to transform this guy into a fashion star: it is not going to work no matter what.

Also, this nonsensical meteoric rise for Sabato means his fall will be meteoric as well. And it is going to be dramatic for his mental health, if he is not ready for that (and seeing his behaviour, I presume he is totally clueless about it).

Also, this nonsensical meteoric rise for Sabato means his fall will be meteoric as well. And it is going to be dramatic for his mental health, if he is not ready for that (and seeing his behaviour, I presume he is totally clueless about it).
I don't think it will be that much of an effect. He seems like the sensitive and defensive type which I think Kering is also catering towards so yeah there will be a notable fall out and consequence. But because the output doesn't match the level of marketing they're doing, I don't think enough people will actually care.

Rude to say, but if the collections were better I'm sure people will care a lot more about Sabato if there was to be some Icarus rising and falling scenario. Honestly he's just too mediocre (right now that is) to really warrant that kind of thinking. All this extra stuff is also Kering just trying to make money and to humanise what is a rather gormless conglomerate. They're throwing a lot of money at the wrong things at the moment, much like Burberry.

Also to add, he knew what he was getting himself into. I don't have much sympathy for those that actively chose to put themselves in these scenarios when the history of it all with past tenures is bit of an open book.

I don't think it will be that much of an effect. He seems like the sensitive and defensive type which I think Kering is also catering towards so yeah there will be a notable fall out and consequence. But because the output doesn't match the level of marketing they're doing, I don't think enough people will actually care.

Rude to say, but if the collections were better I'm sure people will care a lot more about Sabato if there was to be some Icarus rising and falling scenario. Honestly he's just too mediocre (right now that is) to really warrant that kind of thinking. All this extra stuff is also Kering just trying to make money and to humanise what is a rather gormless conglomerate. They're throwing a lot of money at the wrong things at the moment, much like Burberry.

Also to add, he knew what he was getting himself into. I don't have much sympathy for those that actively chose to put themselves in these scenarios when the history of it all with past tenures is bit of an open book.
No, of course nobody is gonna care about him, like they cared about Galliano. I was meaning the situation he is going to find himself after his tenure ends...a discarded broken doll .
I don´t think he is going to digest it well, taking into consideration his reaction after the flops he has delivered so far.

But yes, he is an adult man. He knew what he was getting himself into...

Sabato the movie?!?! Is Lindsey Lohan in it??????
Trainwrecks only pleaseeeeee

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->