Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

The merch making its way to stores right now is vile. Everything is logoed in the worst way, it looks so cheap and fake. :ninjas:
That new merch is indeed vile and the perfect exemple of what NOT to do with logo.... and the antithesis to a "brand elevation strategy"... I should post snaps of the actual windows here in Venezia.
Crap is euphemestic to describe them. Where the sustainability ? All that is going straight to a landfill.

I feel sorry for him, but I think they will fire him in like 2 years or so. It’s too much pressure. I’d hate to work at Gucci.

SdS, get the money and invest, cause your fashion career will be over soon.

kering hires nobodies because they dont wanna pay them top tier and they dont want someone with a bunch of confidence. SDS will be easier to control …

To be frank this is an ancient way of doing business and it really makes me think working at Keeing must be a cluster f*ck. Seems unprofessional and too low down to attract good managerial talent. People with options arent gonnaa be treated poorly.

And looking at the suiting, it’s hilariously provincial that the label sewn on the left sleeve at the factory— the one that if the shop hasn’t removed before it hits the floor, the customer would instinctively remove before wearing it— because back in the days of standards, leaving that label on the sleeve is the equivalent of having toiletpaper hanging from your pant, is now advertised as a selling point on the product write-up LMFAO Such cheapness.

I notice this on more and more brands that should be above such a thing (((said the cynic, umpteen years after Balenciaga became an all-over-logo kind of brand...))) and it's just awful. It's like seeing somebody walking around with the rear vent on their jacket still sewn shut -- which I see on both men and women pretty frequently -- except you know it wasn't an oversight about some little detail on the back where they didn't think to look; and being proud to have somebody's brand name emblazoned on your tailoring is as bad as wearing Prada for the stupid little triangles etc.

It just occurred to me consciously for the first time that even Thom Browne, who consciously made a conspicuous gimmick out of putting his inside tag on the outside of shirts and sometimes pants and so on (long before everybody and their mother was doing it, like Off White and Ader Error and all these other terrible upstarts), even Thom Browne never put his label on the outside of a blazer as far as I know. And if he did, somewhere along the line, it certainly isn't routine, despite all his couldn't-help-myself tricolour ornamentation -- which is as you would expect from someone who has some level of actual respect for tailoring.

Phuel, you slay me 😂

I don't really follow what's going on with this label but this ad just came on my feed...🫠 ..
gucci1.jpggucci2.jpg

I'm kind of intrigued by their social media team. I get the main purpose is to get the influencer to promote and that's what really counts, but when their 'promotion' is sent back to the brand for approval, or for use or both, is there no standard or.. codes (cough lol @KoV ) that all material must abide by? especially if it will be promoted through the brand's account?... I guess my real question is what the f*ck is that and who approved that and why can't they afford to send the actual sunglasses to this person.

Interesting. It just looks cost-saving to me since nothing else rings of them venturing into the 2014 tumblr brand of irony something like Balenciaga is still riding on. Also.. it doesn't quite work if the influencer is not someone known for an ultra luxurious life, or some art hoe lifestyle where this pixelated things comes off as humor. This just screams 'we're broke', which I'm sure is the last thing you want from a luxury brand.. also, is she even wearing Gucci? cause it looks like Levi's and Shein, all good but not through the brand's account maybe..?

Since my name was dragged into this 😆 , I had to go to TikTok and see for myself. I think it's just one of those filters (like the Snapchat filters with puppy ears and whatnot) brands have co-opted and now commonly use, that anyone and everyone (based on scrolling the <200 accounts that have used it so far, I'd guess people for whom an actual pair of sunglasses are out of reach?) can apply to their videos. That TikToker in your screen capture created her own video using the filter and then maybe because it got engagement, Gucci (after the fact) sponsored it - essentially paying TikTok to promote the video. I don't necessarily understand it 100% but, if you go to Gucci's TikTok page that video doesn't appear, but it may appear on your FYP as a video from Gucci because they sponsored it and their current marketing strategy is.... everything everywhere all at once. You have them leaning into "heritage" items and making more sophisticated content talking about the history of loafers and then you have corny sunglasses filters. Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Recently, maybe that is in line with house codes. lolol

it may appear on your FYP as a video from Gucci because they sponsored it and their current marketing strategy is.... everything everywhere all at once. You have them leaning into "heritage" items and making more sophisticated content talking about the history of loafers and then you have corny sunglasses filters. Throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Recently, maybe that is in line with house codes. lolol
dude my heart skipped a beat thinking you'd bring up my algorithm. DO NOT. 🧎‍♀️🤣

thanks for the breakdown, and sorry, I can't say codes without @ you anymore!

• Haha
Reactions: KoV
And I cringe every time I see a sponsored ad "Follow Gucci on Tiktok"
They are trying so hard.

Also I found the first Ancora loafers unboxing, they look so difficult to wear.
But the red looks actually quite nice.

^ I refuse to believe someone actually likes that. If you're wearing that 'every single day'....just say you're 1.52.

.. also the sole issue and having to send it back to Italy to get it back in 3 weeks? 🥴 girl go ballerina, a couple of Xs on the sole with your car/house keys and bam.

^^^ Only 13yo girls that cosplay as Wednesday Addams would save up for those loafers: They look very DIY sloppy— maybe Hot Topic at best. Tom’s Gucci did it right with his platform loafers. If I were looking for loafers, I’d never even consider Gucci’s. The brand image is so consumer-end now, when even as much as I never cared for Alessandro’s wimpy wallflower childrenswear, his campaigns were impressive from start to finish. This guy’s? Very outlet billboard circa 1999 Tom’s Gucci-wannabe on a budget. All the best to him with his attempt of surpassing 3 billion projection with such mediocrity.

I notice this on more and more brands that should be above such a thing (((said the cynic, umpteen years after Balenciaga became an all-over-logo kind of brand...))) and it's just awful. It's like seeing somebody walking around with the rear vent on their jacket still sewn shut -- which I see on both men and women pretty frequently -- except you know it wasn't an oversight about some little detail on the back where they didn't think to look; and being proud to have somebody's brand name emblazoned on your tailoring is as bad as wearing Prada for the stupid little triangles etc.

It just occurred to me consciously for the first time that even Thom Browne, who consciously made a conspicuous gimmick out of putting his inside tag on the outside of shirts and sometimes pants and so on (long before everybody and their mother was doing it, like Off White and Ader Error and all these other terrible upstarts), even Thom Browne never put his label on the outside of a blazer as far as I know. And if he did, somewhere along the line, it certainly isn't routine, despite all his couldn't-help-myself tricolour ornamentation -- which is as you would expect from someone who has some level of actual respect for tailoring.

Thom’s sartorial take on bespoke tailoring, down to the detail of the nametag on the shirttails, is more of a nod to bespoke tradition; because the shirt would be tucked under the pant, so no one would see the label. …God forbid a gentleman would walk out in public with his shirttails untucked LOL But not only leaving the label on the left sleeve intact— but Gucci siting it as a major point of attraction, is nothing but ghetto. And although it was a trait that Alessandro already employed (and made sense for his awkward wimpy kid in grandparents' suits aesthetic), this brand is just for the juvenile now.

Since there’s no flex in it, people that leave the vents stitched shut just don’t know any better; but it does give the impression that they’re going to return the merch once they’ve worn it a few times. Labels like Gucci and Vuitton have become the go-to brands for Americans that don’t see any issue with flexing these brands while living on Section 8 and using food stamps. And the promotion of a dumb cloth label that should be removed before wearing as a flexing incentive just adds to the official ghettoizing of a brand. It won’t be long before the paper stock hang tag is a leather/fabric one— complete with the retail price, for you to flex with as another selling point— and of course the fabric/leather will add another $500 increase to the already offensive pricetag.

^^^ Only 13yo girls that cosplay as Wednesday Addams would save up for those loafers: They look very DIY sloppy— maybe Hot Topic at best. Tom’s Gucci did it right with his platform loafers. If I were looking for loafers, I’d never even consider Gucci’s. The brand image is so consumer-end now, when even as much as I never cared for Alessandro’s wimpy wallflower childrenswear, his campaigns were impressive from start to finish. This guy’s? Very outlet billboard circa 1999 Tom’s Gucci-wannabe on a budget. All the best to him with his attempt of surpassing 3 billion projection with such mediocrity.

Thom’s sartorial take on bespoke tailoring, down to the detail of the nametag on the shirttails, is more of a nod to bespoke tradition; because the shirt would be tucked under the pant, so no one would see the label. …God forbid a gentleman would walk out in public with his shirttails untucked LOL But not only leaving the label on the left sleeve intact— but Gucci siting it as a major point of attraction, is nothing but ghetto. And although it was a trait that Alessandro already employed (and made sense for his awkward wimpy kid in grandparents' suits aesthetic), this brand is just for the juvenile now.

Since there’s no flex in it, people that leave the vents stitched shut just don’t know any better; but it does give the impression that they’re going to return the merch once they’ve worn it a few times. Labels like Gucci and Vuitton have become the go-to brands for Americans that don’t see any issue with flexing these brands while living on Section 8 and using food stamps. And the promotion of a dumb cloth label that should be removed before wearing as a flexing incentive just adds to the official ghettoizing of a brand. It won’t be long before the paper stock hang tag is a leather/fabric one— complete with the retail price, for you to flex with as another selling point— and of course the fabric/leather will add another $500 increase to the already offensive pricetag.
Balenciaga is way ahead of you
1711418200312.jpeg

Unfortunately, Alessandro’s vision was so strong that they’re finding it hard to move on from that.

I thought this guy would try to go for the Tom Ford seduction or Frida’s safe glamour to start fresh, but it’s just all over the place. Another house that should bring back Facchineti (am I advocating too hard for her? FW 05 was fab).

Those shoes look worse on unfortunately. Very clunky and orthopedic. Like you’re wearing bricks on your feet.

The packaging is great and sexy. Shame about the brand.

I don’t want to be caught dead in ancora Gucci right now. It’s dead. I ain’t know that he has what’s needed to turn this ship around. It’s not that De Sarno is unskilled, his resume shows he has the experience but he is in over his head and doesn’t have the range or creativity to direct such a mammoth of a house. He simply isn’t ready.

The narrative they keep pushing on us about his family and him being a nice guy is not enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->