Sabato De Sarno - Designer, Creative Director of Gucci

Though there’s something really gutter butt about Sabato, I have to admit: the Milan flagship looks good.

It looks like a nice space, but the connection to art and contemporary/newclassics in furniture is something that feels more close to BV.

I find that the gucci identity has become so watered down that there is almost nothing left. They need a stronger hook to sell more merch, and this won't cut it. the vision seems limited.

Though there’s something really gutter butt about Sabato, I have to admit: the Milan flagship looks good.

this is just the vip room (mausoleum of pretentiousness with no substance ) have seen the rest of the even more lackluster redesign of the store

^^special thanks to @trulsblaasmo for the money laundering.

I’m so done with contemporary “art” as the default “intellectual” position.

Gimme a freakin’ break.

Gimme a freakin’ break.
not much money then because the london store art is cheap and of low Quality mostly and the fontanna is on loan from a private collector at least the london one

Looks good indeed. Total 180 from AM but if it's hope its rolled out faster because his collection really needs the space that looks like that.
I got the saddest little Tiktok ads today. Gosh I've never seen anything so desperate.

View attachment 1262774
Their marketing under Sabato is so repulsive. Corporate meddling is abundant.

not much money then because the london store art is cheap and of low Quality mostly and the fontanna is on loan from a private collector at least the london one
YSK the art comes from the Pinault Collection, not to be confused with the Pinault Foundation: the art belongs to the Pinault family but is loaned to the Foundation, whose purpose it to exhibit it. In this case, it's loaned to Gucci, which certainly has to pay hefty insurance premiums and maybe loan fees to the collection.
Francois Pinault is an avid collector, quantity over quality, but there are inevitably actual gems in the ten thousands of works in the collection. It's the curator to blame for this basic weak selection, maybe he wanted to match De Sarno basic weak collections.

Also, you don't need Gucci for money laundering when you own Christie's. Just saying.

YSK the art comes from the Pinault Collection, not to be confused with the Pinault Foundation: the art belongs to the Pinault family but is loaned to the Foundation, whose purpose it to exhibit it. In this case, it's loaned to Gucci, which certainly has to pay hefty insurance premiums and maybe loan fees to the collection.
Francois Pinault is an avid collector, quantity over quality, but there are inevitably actual gems in the ten thousands of works in the collection. It's the curator to blame for this basic weak selection, maybe he wanted to match De Sarno basic weak collections.

Also, you don't need Gucci for money laundering when you own Christie's. Just saying.
Tornabuoni Art is glad to lend the artwork ‘Concetto spaziale, Attese’ (1967) by Lucio Fontana.
on the occasion of the opening of Gucci Salon in the Gucci New Bond Street store in London with one of a kind artworks curated by Truls Blaasmo.

As af as i know the art collection of Pinault Foundation is separate from the stores and offices of kering brands not like prada where you have plenty of art works in office lobby´s and prada & miu miu show rooms since years or LVMH

The art is following selections from the current CD - Sabato and then Blaasimo search and add /currates based on this input ....i can do more research but non of the art comes or is linked to the taste of Pinault`s collection as far as i know seen or read or has been noted to me before ..

( also you can see in the ancora book the art taste of Sabato or his IG :-)

The style of working is like hedi at celine where hedi is more hands on for sure but works are curated and often commissioned following his taste no links to LVMH (owners) art collection / foundation

the money laundering comment was not me i found it just funny ...because most of the art works are not expensive at all for a big company to launder money via this way thats why i said its not much money then.

but its true often like LVMH foundation got a tax break for the building that Bernard Arnault said was only 100 milion euro cost to make and was a gift to paris and france -----only to be found out by journalist that it was 800 million euro to build which of 500 million euro he got back thanks to a tax deduction program granted to companies promoting art, according to the press. and this was not told upfront by LVMH of cost and the benefit they would get from it.
An association filed a suit against the foundation for tax evasion. The court determined the case should be dropped… :-)

Gimme a freakin’ break.
@trulsblaasmo is giving young and flashy Inigo Philbrick vibes ( The biggest art fraudster in US HISTORY /Inigo Philbrick, the art dealer who was sentenced to seven years behind bars in May 2022 for masterminding an £80 million art swindle, has been released from prison after serving two years in the US. )

Tornabuoni Art is glad to lend the artwork ‘Concetto spaziale, Attese’ (1967) by Lucio Fontana.
on the occasion of the opening of Gucci Salon in the Gucci New Bond Street store in London with one of a kind artworks curated by Truls Blaasmo.

As af as i know the art collection of Pinault Foundation is separate from the stores and offices of kering brands not like prada where you have plenty of art works in office lobby´s and prada & miu miu show rooms since years or LVMH

The art is following selections from the current CD - Sabato and then Blaasimo search and add /currates based on this input ....i can do more research but non of the art comes or is linked to the taste of Pinault`s collection as far as i know seen or read or has been noted to me before ..

( also you can see in the ancora book the art taste of Sabato or his IG :-)

The style of working is like hedi at celine where hedi is more hands on for sure but works are curated and often commissioned following his taste no links to LVMH (owners) art collection / foundation
Sorry my mistake, Tornabuoni so it means it's on sale too... that makes sense to exhibit art for sale in the VIP section. I assume the curator has a % cut if he manages to sell to it.
The rest are from the Lucio Fontana Foundation.

There are plenty of Fontanas in the Pinault family collection, but they are paranoid about it, and only the highest managers of the Foundation have access to the full catalog. Curators setting up exhibitions for the Foundation museums have to select the works on catalogs, but those are accessible only on a couple of computers, with double identification, like a digital vault. So yeah maybe they didn't grant access for a smaller project like the Gucci one.

Did you really buy the Ancora book ?

Sorry my mistake, Tornabuoni so it means it's on sale too... that makes sense to exhibit art for sale in the VIP section. I assume the curator has a % cut if he manages to sell to it.
The rest are from the Lucio Fontana Foundation.

There are plenty of Fontanas in the Pinault family collection, but they are paranoid about it, and only the highest managers of the Foundation have access to the full catalog. Curators setting up exhibitions for the Foundation museums have to select the works on catalogs, but those are accessible only on a couple of computers, with double identification, like a digital vault. So yeah maybe they didn't grant access for a smaller project like the Gucci one.

it was for free (i would not buy fashion branded art books:-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->