LOS ANGELES OCTOBER 2012
MODEL : SASKIA DE BRAUW
PHOTOGRAPHY AND STYLING : HEDI S.
HAIR : MODEL'S OWN
NO MAKE UP

facebook.com/ysl

ysl.com

Last edited by a moderator:
How incredibly boring... and expected. I wish he would at least let us see the clothes. :rolleyes:

Saskia looks like a Beatle.

I guess YSL campaigns are all going to looks like this from now on...
And how pretentious to put Saskia on the men colection ad.

Ouch, this will be a slap in the face for the already scarce men's advertising opportunities.
I like it though, but it's becoming boring...

WTF is this?? I'm not sold yet on Hedi Slimane's total control @YSL. I mean, people try to crack on Karl, but I still seem to appreciate his work. (Although yes, he is predictable too; and the man is a l
Legend.) Hedi forgot about the clothes it seems, and has only produced his signature B&W portraits. Geez!! Good for Saskia though, I guess. I've been on the fence with her lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, she does look like a boy. I bet most people who see this ad wouldn't know that she's a woman.

As much as I enjoy the casting, the campaign itself falls flat. Very flat. The entire vibe is so dated. And from what I can see of the clothes it just reminds me of Topman (I know he did it first earlier in his career), and that's not a good thing.

I agree with Mikel, she looks like one of the beatles. It has a sad vibe, I don't like it.

This is too good. Saskia looks like a member from a 60s rock band, like from the Beatles. The styling is so my taste. Strong, cool, and youthful. Couldn't ask for anything more :wink:

I'm just mad at this, Saskia is an incredible model, she has a flawless editorial work and here comes Hedi with his boredom and lack of creativity and makes her look like a 60s druggy.

Eh... I'm not really digging this but then again what was I expecting? Typical Slimane photography.

On the other hand I really like the decision to cast a female to model menswear.

I like it but now I want to see Saint Laurent in color.

Where is the YSL man in all this? All I see is a girl trying to be a 14 or 15 year old boy , there is something very creepy in all this and not in a good way, the brand seems to be catering to teenage rockers in their early mid teens lol. Hedi it is not Dior Homme circa 2004.

Well, it is better than those "preview" ads w/ Kati N. that came out a few months ago. Those did absolutely nothing to excite me about what was to come.

That being said, this just looks like he's trying to recreate the Inez/Vinoodh shots from his DH days..just w/ a female model. Aesthetically pleasing? Yes. Fresh? Groundbreaking? Original? Not even close.

there we go again! but yes, this is much better than the preview ads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->