Saint Laurent Mens S/S 2013 : Saskia de Brauw & Marilyn Manson by Hedi Slimane

Where is the YSL man in all this? All I see is a girl trying to be a 14 or 15 year old boy , there is something very creepy in all this and not in a good way, the brand seems to be catering to teenage rockers in their early mid teens lol. Hedi it is not Dior Homme circa 2004.

Definitely.

I really don't understand the logic behind this. I think most men will be pretty off-put that a waify girl is the one who looks best in these clothes. I know he did the whole heroin chic Dior Homme thing, with a certain target market for younger guys, but there was still something rugged about the clothing that appealed to all men -- which I don't find to be the case with this.

i can already feel the one-trick pony nature of hedi slimane at YSL; it's always grey scaled imagery & awkward androgyny. i mean, they're giving him free reign- so it's likely not going to change anytime soon. but, no excited about this as much as i thought i would be.

If he's stark naked with the garments strategically placed on him, hell yeah.

The only gender 'illusion' H.S. ever pulled off was Ymre for I think Prada men..Extremely elegant yet striking and slightly masculine. This however, no matter how good I think Saskia is, imo is stale and dated. No likey

^yeah I remember that campaign. Prada Sport. It was way better than this indeed.

i love the idea of Saskia for mens collection this however is TOO boring.

So I am assuming Andrej P is going to do womens ad fotos? :lol::lol:

Terrible art aesthetic, from clothes to photography. Go home, Hedi.

Quite insulting for the customer. You have to be a 14 year old boy or a woman to fit his menswear. I see this being a problem, marketing wise.

I understand and get why he changed YSL to Saint Laurent but this campaign is just an insult. Like really? This is not even luxury.

I can't wait till YSL fires him, She doesn't even look androgynous she looks like a WOMAN in WOMANS clothes. The clothes all look ill fitted...ridiculous

New ad featuring Marilyn Manson...

tumblr_mkeucj62_ZK1qh2mrao1_500.jpg

nicolaformichetti.tumblr.com

These ads are great. The details of the garments really come through and there is something about most of these ads that has a very Joy Division/Closer album cover feel to it. Severe, solemn, beautiful and with a certain rage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Marilyn Manson... but no. Just no. This isn't YSL, it's Hedi Slimane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derpies
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->