Saint Laurent Mens S/S 2013 : Saskia de Brauw & Marilyn Manson by Hedi Slimane

On a second thought.. could Marilyn's ad be the new fall campaign? The outfit he wore on the ad is a very basic leather jacket, black shirt combo but I found the exact outfit on the fall runway.

PcrUPCE.jpg
JMG1OHj.jpg

nowfashion

I don't have much interest in the menswear line, but I think the Marilyn Manson ad is so good.

The ad really convey the mood Hedi Slimane wants, distinctly him and nothing wrong. Not showing all details of the garments shouldn't be faulted, most ads are guilty of this, and I feel this sacrifice is necessary if you want beautiful images.

Frankly, i love this marylin manson, but i hate hedi bring him to saint laurent... it's not Saint laurent anymore it's already Hedi Slimane own brand

haha, i see hedi's trying to be controversial using marilyn manson. outdated choice like the stuff he put on the runway for womens fall collection. other than that, anyway, the photographs themselves look very good.

So good... :blush: If that gets printed in, say US Vogue, it will definitively put weight in the SL revamp. It´s just such a great photo of Manson, and in the context of a fashion ad this is a very fresh and elegant gesture. (I´m not a fan of HS or MM in general.) :ninja:

Wow, are we in the right decade? He must be pinning for some lost youth.

Manson, honestly, only Heidi to chose a childish caricature to represent Saint Laurent.

This whole collection is about the 90s. So why would a star from that decade be so inappropriate?

Besides, Manson epitomizes the pretty ugly ideal that Hedi seems to adhere to for this collection.

This whole collection is about the 90s. So why would a star from that decade be so inappropriate?

Besides, Manson epitomizes the pretty ugly ideal that Hedi seems to adhere to for this collection.

That's exactly this type of literal thinking that is the worst thing about Heidi. Just like his new collection, he's not even inspired by the 90s, he just copies it straight out without any sort of vision that speaks for the now.
The choice of Manson for me is just one more symptom of this, Manson proven to be someone of absolute no relevance, a laughable caricature, what would make sense back in another decade is just one of those throwbacks that make my eyes roll. Why choose someone like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->