Saint Laurent S/S 2024 Paris

After seeing the prices I can’t wait for either the time it goes on outlets or for Zara, Cos, Massimo Dutti or whoever to copy this!

I don’t know if I was numb to their pricing before but now they are more expensive than Celine RTW.
2190€ cargo pants is not so far from Chanel territory.

After seeing the prices I can’t wait for either the time it goes on outlets or for Zara, Cos, Massimo Dutti or whoever to copy this!

I don’t know if I was numb to their pricing before but now they are more expensive than Celine RTW.
2190€ cargo pants is not so far from Chanel territory.
H&M already did. Look at the post before yours.

H&M already did. Look at the post before yours.
Yeah I saw it but when it comes to Fast Fashion, Zara is on the bottom for me in terms of quality and finishing.
I have more trust in Cos or inditex brands. I’ve looked around and there are some options actually.

I was surprised to not see options from Joseph or MaxMara though (as a more elevated option).

Yeah I saw it but when it comes to Fast Fashion, Zara is on the bottom for me in terms of quality and finishing.
I have more trust in Cos or inditex brands. I’ve looked around and there are some options actually.

I was surprised to not see options from Joseph or MaxMara though (as a more elevated option).
Zara is Inditex and Cos H&M.
I am also quite confused by the RTW pricing... they should not be higher than Celine, the quality is quite not there yet, and neither the design. A very, extremely, simple organic cotton-safari dress should not cost 3,500 ...

Zara is Inditex and Cos H&M.
I am also quite confused by the RTW pricing... they should not be higher than Celine, the quality is quite not there yet, and neither the design. A very, extremely, simple organic cotton-safari dress should not cost 3,500 ...
I know Zara is inditex and Cos is H&M but there’s obviously an insane gap in quality between Cos and H&M than between Zara and Massimo Dutti.
H&M is just not a consideration of mine when it comes to fast fashion lol.

The prices of this YSL collection are insane! I mean for an entire collection almost made of cotton, those prices are a good return on investment.
I feel like Chanel has made those brands just bet on prices. The margins on those pieces are probably insane too.

I know Zara is inditex and Cos is H&M but there’s obviously an insane gap in quality between Cos and H&M than between Zara and Massimo Dutti.
H&M is just not a consideration of mine when it comes to fast fashion lol.

The prices of this YSL collection are insane! I mean for an entire collection almost made of cotton, those prices are a good return on investment.
I feel like Chanel has made those brands just bet on prices. The margins on those pieces are probably insane too.
Probably, my rule of thumb: a simple "entry-level" garment (one dress or bottom+top), without the accessories, should not cost more than a medium bag, so 1500-2000 here at YSL, but ofc, elaborate, runway, very tailored pieces, leather etc can be priced much more.
And indeed Celine offers its version of a cotton safari dress at 1,400 here ; I don't see any technical differences with the 3,400 YSL here , they are obviously different in style but not in technique, fabrics. They are both simple cotton day-dresses.
To me, it looks like Celine (or LVMH in general, you'll see the same at LV) is serious in actually selling clothes, while YSL and (Kering in general) would much prefer just keep selling bags and accessories, and selling clothes is an annoyance to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick1488
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->