Saint Laurent - The All-Things Saint Laurent Thread

Fashion is an ongoing conversation. This is not your typical 9 to 5 corporate job. As I said, the difference between the fashion industry and others industry is that you can never really have a separation.

1 month is enough to prepare the runway show. In those big companies, a lot can be done in a week. Even more than concepts and ideas may have already been thought about as many collections and projects have been in work since the last show.

You can think about the next show right after showing but things really materialize in the last month.
I saw a documentary about Karl lagerfield and he said while showing a fall couture collection. That the spring ready to wear was already in production, that's two seasons down. These studio are massive lots of workers. But designing is the easy part the production is the hard part when designing jewelry and shoes you can do those on a conference call.

Well there was an assistant that posted the fittings on tiktok. I think the next show will be based on the last men’s collection with big suits but on women with ties. I don’t even know how this is even possible. I guess I have to thank the algorithm that gave me this preview before the show. But maybe this is a different collection.

View attachment 1308733View attachment 1308734View attachment 1308737 View attachment 1308735 View attachment 1308736
Can’t believe they let him do this… I think if anyone see this he’ll be working at a bakery for the rest of his life…

Can’t believe they let him do this… I think if anyone see this he’ll be working at a bakery for the rest of his life…
Can't believe it was authorized at all, and this person just made themself unemployable: nobody would accept or excuse that, or take this risk.
They can be relieved Pierre is dead, he would have destroyed them.

Can't believe it was authorized at all, and this person just made themself unemployable: nobody would accept or excuse that, or take this risk.
They can be relieved Pierre is dead, he would have destroyed them.
Oh no, it definitely wasn't authorized. Saint Laurent is a traditionalist fashion house that is very adamant of having the show as the "grand unveiling" for a collection. They definitely wouldn't approve of having their collection leaked on social media, especially on TikTok of all.

It's kind of self entitled to think that as an entire season of work from the atelier and studio was revealed just like that for the sake of 2 minutes of fame on Tiktok. In the comments she was even talking to other accounts on models and casting.

It's kind of self entitled to think that as an entire season of work from the atelier and studio was revealed just like that for the sake of 2 minutes of fame on Tiktok. In the comments she was even talking to other accounts on models and casting.
Is the post still there? Do you have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benrobertson
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->