Saint Laurent - The All-Things Saint Laurent Thread

I wouldn't say that the brand is lacking direction, I would just say that the current direction is very derivative of the brand's archives. It seems to be well-received though. As good as Hedi's direction was, it's betrayed by the fact that women are somewhat secondary in his twink-utopia.
I am sure its more understood Vacarello´s update on the direction, because its very sexy IG friendly glamour, very low hanging fruits intellectually (hot long legs sexy bitchy emily in paris idea of high glamor) .

Hedi´s Saint laurent was more studied as the youthful reinterpretation of what Yves would be if he was young now, so connected to the music cultures etc but his saint laurent sold well for woman as well and the image was strong for both genders or else it did not have that crazy growth.

Sure Saint Laurent mens is dead with Vaccarello and Women's department is more strong so historically fits the house better.

I am sucker for a strong cohesive brand image that goes into every details backed by a story /concept that does not change every 3 seasons, i value credibility in vision and execution that is distinct for a brand /from its creative director.

No matter how easy to like his YSL is, it always has a emptiness of lack of authenticity to me.

Regarding the previews…
Can we expect another take on the pantsuit of The Smoking from YSL other than black and double breasted?
When was the last time they tried on colors!
I saw a documentary about Karl lagerfield and he said while showing a fall couture collection. That the spring ready to wear was already in production, that's two seasons down. These studio are massive lots of workers. But designing is the easy part the production is the hard part when designing jewelry and shoes you can do those on a conference call.
Karl at Chanel had two different ateliers: Haute Couture and RTW. So yes he particularly worked with a massive studio. I think it was the same at Fendi when they started Couture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flogomet
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->