Sarah Burton - Designer, Creative Director of Givenchy

brands should start cutting some cheques to tfs, some ppl here are doing consulting work for free !
This is always what I think when people screech "cOuLd YoU dO bEtTeR?" especially in the magazines forum. Yes, I could do better... but I'm not gonna say how. Charge me the consulting fee for that, please. 🤭

I think if fashion managers checked TFS everything would go better… I don’t know about marketing, but in top management nobody does (at least in the brands that I’ve been working for).

I wonder if important designers browse their threads/collections… everyone is such an as* licker that reading the comments here must be tough.

I think if fashion managers checked TFS everything would go better… I don’t know about marketing, but in top management nobody does (at least in the brands that I’ve been working for).

I wonder if important designers browse their threads/collections… everyone is such an as* licker that reading the comments here must be tough.
From what i know and seen there is a lot of filtering and bundling of feedbacks , task is to group feedback in groups to push a point to management or to the teams etc some are highlighted with source others not, i don't think top managers or CD care where the feedbacks are from more the general sentiment of online comments, versus at store level , versus vic events feedbacks etc etc and of course press reviews and impression etc etc it's just another group of feedbacks.

Im not worried about bags and accessories at Givenchy since they've always been strong in that segment. At the height of Julien MacDonald's exquisitely constructed run Giv was putting out the hottest bags... Im reminded because they just re-released the pumpkin which is a Julian-era bag. The re-release sold out just like the original did all those years ago.

I'm all-in on Givenchy par Sarah Burton

im hopeful that her accessories will finally get the spotlight it deserves being associated with a brand actually known for some it-bags. Even mcqueen the man didnt exactly have any it bag, so being able to push that was gonna be a hardsell. got lucky with the chunk sneakers but i guess people always associate mcqueen with the armadillo shoes.

Im not worried about bags and accessories at Givenchy since they've always been strong in that segment. At the height of Julien MacDonald's exquisitely constructed run Giv was putting out the hottest bags... Im reminded because they just re-released the pumpkin which is a Julian-era bag. The re-release sold out just like the original did all those years ago.

I'm all-in on Givenchy par Sarah Burton
Wait, what?! I thought his Givenchy was a commercial flop by how history portrays it.

Givenchy was like it is now, desirable well priced bags that sold fast. The pumpkin was a legitimate handbag back then - but nobody wore givenchy rtw.
Givenchy sells bags fast? Where? I can see their figures and would’ve never said that.

Givenchy bags and boots are mainly purchased by Eastern European pr**titutes or some tacky South American women. No one with a little bit of class would wear anything by Givenchy atm.

Apparently he continues his rant…terrible. The tom Ford is a video where he states he hates flip flops…

3C700B58-DBBA-4135-A84A-298F74F064D4.png
186E218F-5493-4E3B-B54B-097B1D4804A8.png

Givenchy sells bags fast? Where? I can see their figures and would’ve never said that.

Givenchy bags and boots are mainly purchased by Eastern European pr**titutes or some tacky South American women. No one with a little bit of class would wear anything by Givenchy atm.
It doesn't sell; as figures aren't published, my main indicator is to see how LVMH brands are allocated space in LVMH-owned department stores like Le Bon Marché.
So Givenchy menswear is gone, Givenchy womenswear is barely a rack, bags and shoes each have a standard corner like any other non-LVMH brands. I can't recall a specific Givenchy beauty corner either.
The well-located Balenciaga in-store was replaced last month by Polene and not by Givenchy.

So even LVMH doesn't provide retail space to Givenchy in fear of wasting it.

It doesn't sell; as figures aren't published, my main indicator is to see how LVMH brands are allocated space in LVMH-owned department stores like Le Bon Marché.
So Givenchy menswear is gone, Givenchy womenswear is barely a rack, bags and shoes each have a standard corner like any other non-LVMH brands. I can't recall a specific Givenchy beauty corner either.
The well-located Balenciaga in-store was replaced last month by Polene and not by Givenchy.

So even LVMH doesn't provide retail space to Givenchy in fear of wasting it.
100%. It performs terrible in every location and it’s not surprising. Only those kind of customers I was mentioning purchase some items of the brand. Locals want to stay away from it. It’s beyond vulgar.

That tacky vibe started during Riccardo’s last years and now it’s even cheaper.

Let’s see what happens with Sarah, but they need to discontinue those boots and the Antigona (which is not ugly per se, but…). Considering the boots represent half of the business I don’t know how they will do.

Also, Givenchy basically works through wholesale, which to me is a major mistake.

And bravo to Walter for speaking his mind. We live in this ugly politically correct world. Now someone can’t even say that a designer is irrelevant publicly. In the past designers roasted each other and it was really fun to see. I can’t with so much correctness. Ugh.

we know shes so irrelevant that her chunky sole trainers are almost a staple every season at fast fashion brands. which has to stop... everyone has/should move on from it by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplesilversilversilver
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->