Schiaparelli Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

Why are the IG crowd so obsessed with him ? Fashion has gotten so boring that they think Daniel Roseberry is the light at the end of the tunnel, i guess :yuk:. He's never been up there with the "greats" ( they might have fallen but still...), not even close.
Unfortunately, we cannot change the initial thoughts of those who are new to fashion. I want to DM those the link of this TFS forum so bad :furious:. Let show the noobs how things work !!!

P/S: No matter what, the first impression is always important, it plays a role in creating emotions and feelings, and can even form a person's bias. Emotions and feelings are an individual's own attitude toward objective reality related to the satisfaction of their needs. A person's aesthetic sense of fashion is directly affected by those factors

Why are the IG crowd so obsessed with him ? Fashion has gotten so boring that they think Daniel Roseberry is the light at the end of the tunnel, i guess :yuk:. He's never been up there with the "greats" ( they might have fallen but still...), not even close.
Unfortunately, we cannot change the initial thoughts of those who are new to fashion. I want to DM those the link of this TFS forum so bad :furious:. Let show the noobs how things work !!!

P/S: No matter what, the first impression is always important, it plays a role in creating emotions and feelings, and can even form a person's bias. Emotions and feelings are an individual's own attitude toward objective reality related to the satisfaction of their needs. A person's aesthetic sense of fashion is directly affected by those factors
Not just the IG crowd. Almost every fashion intern I dealt with are obsessed with him along with dilara findikoglu.

If said student was a 'minimalist' then they are obsessed with Peter Do.

When we have discussions they will defend them to the death.

I'm kind of mind-blown and gaslit but now my goal is to be keanu reeves. 2+2=1

I just send them to the sewing and pattern department and watch their souls dissolve.

I still don't understand why 'Lily Bass' from Gossip Girl is there at PFW? Who is the money/PR behind her?

Anyway, this is better than the last 2 seasons, at least compared to Kendall's random red nail dress a few seasons back, this has a proper theme, I guess it’s animals? I like the zebra jumpsuit and the abstract Bat black dress. Lulu killed it and acted like a bird in her dress

this is a good take on 80's. gaudy/ exaggerated but has a focal point. love the looks on Rosalieke, Amyeline and Jeanne, a woman with a loud nature can still enter a room and dazzle but remain on the elegant side (if they leave their hair & makeup more or less nude like that)

That is one of the reasons why I believe appointing a talented creative director at a major fashion house is so important. A talented and visionary creative director can significantly reshape the tastes and approach to fashion for newcomers. There are many great designers still around ( who have not retired ), but their golden age has passed. None of them truly has the capability and mental acuity to take on this responsibility except for the generation of designers under 60s and younger ones. Ghesquiere, Tisci, P.Philo, Theysken, Pilati, Haider, Takahashi, Chitose Abe,...the list go on. They are still there but doing nothing to contribute to the industry, smh i think they are being invisible in today fashion people's eyes

Last edited:
What is there to hate about Daniel Rosebery?
Perhaps the only criticism I have for him is that he is a bit too timid to go further into the archive and spirit of Elsa Schiaparelli.
Then, he has achieved what he is there for. Revise the brand, and create a distinctly recognizable house code to allow the brand to survive.
Daniel definitely benefits from being the first HC show. His couture is so 'superficial' to allow viral engagement. What a generic viewer thinks of couture from the 90s, he does it so obviously for you.
Weird shape (check), fierce (check), something looks super rich (check)

So I really can't blame him for doing what he does, but it seems that the couture show engagement has not translated into massive sales for his RTW.

What is there to hate about Daniel Rosebery?
Perhaps the only criticism I have for him is that he is a bit too timid to go further into the archive and spirit of Elsa Schiaparelli.
Then, he has achieved what he is there for. Revise the brand, and create a distinctly recognizable house code to allow the brand to survive.
Daniel definitely benefits from being the first HC show. His couture is so 'superficial' to allow viral engagement. What a generic viewer thinks of couture from the 90s, he does it so obviously for you.
Weird shape (check), fierce (check), something looks super rich (check)

So I really can't blame him for doing what he does, but it seems that the couture show engagement has not translated into massive sales for his RTW.
He is more of a costume designer than a fashion designer. From today's perspective, he has a fantastic fashion house with a modern archive. Elsa was fun before it was cool, creating lines of sportswear, using knitwear and her beautiful velvet jackets with embroidery. In his case we still get the same thing, a lot of theater and little fashion. His interpretation of surrealism itself is very secondary and at the stage when Dali was making coal advertisements because He had to pay the bills, where in fact this style is about experimenting with form and combining symbolism and fairy tales, e.g. Max Ernst invented a lot of interesting new techniques.

Most modern fashion designers are more costume designers than fashion designers. The costume is not always clearly visible, so it does not have to be perfectly sewn, which sometimes makes it very flashy. In the case of fashion, it's about the form and quality of tailoring, where you have to think about how to build a silhouette, not take glue and fix something for a moment because an actor is going on stage.

It seems people here would love to believe that their tastes are "above" this, but I'm glad SOMEONE'S doing this kinda work in the industry even if I don't enjoy it. This kind of ostentatious display is absolutely hardcoded into modern fashion AND modern society.

^The taste of users of this forums means nothing, because it is a minority. Rather, everyone here realizes that. And these shows are not quite so profitable, because, however, people who like it don't go to buy T-shirts (I checked now and they stopped offering T-shirt, so they must have sold poorly) or handbags despite the fact that this company offers products to enter the company's world. Their love is only through on the Internet.

He thinks he’s in a real groove…but he’s not.

There’s always something not quite right about his collections. The presentation is never quite right, the proportions are never quite right, the styling is never quite right, the shoes are never quite right…it’s kind of strange, actually.

He’s reaching for something that could work, but at this point, I fear the taste level is not equal to his ambitions.

I think this is a good collection, I definitely see Elsa's late 1930s influences here much more than in previous. Though the walk of the models is annoying, shoes are bad as well, some platform sandals or wedges would have been waaaay better.

Those late 30s cocktail dresses are beautiful and certainly will be worn by celebs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsabiyon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->