Schiaparelli Haute Couture S/S 2022 Paris

But you're right about his excessive use of that gold work. It's cool once or twice but as a persona? I think it has more to do with the fact that he has no idea what he's doing. He relies on decoration. Strip away all the bells and whistles and he has zero understanding or interest in pattern making. It always just looks like he is deriving off of some basic vogue patterns, adding a few trinkets, and then on occasion some silk taffeta explodes all over the atelier. Idk I am not understanding what the reasoning is behind this push for him at all

Idk I am not understanding what the reasoning is behind this push for him at all
It's probably due to the increasing lack of feminine whimsy in mainstream high fashion. That and the fact the collection videos made during the "Pandemic Seasons" appealed to a wide public who don't get fashion shows. In the end, I quite like what he's doing for Schiaparelli. I just wish that he tones down the gold jewellery and focuses on finding more ways to communicate his vision of Schiaparelli.

But you're right about his excessive use of that gold work. It's cool once or twice but as a persona? I think it has more to do with the fact that he has no idea what he's doing. He relies on decoration. Strip away all the bells and whistles and he has zero understanding or interest in pattern making. It always just looks like he is deriving off of some basic vogue patterns, adding a few trinkets, and then on occasion some silk taffeta explodes all over the atelier. Idk I am not understanding what the reasoning is behind this push for him at all
He is a white man from the American South who didn't fit in entirely to the Southern Prep aesthetic. This is what we get. I wouldn't have a problem with him if he stuck to Elsa's vision for the house and made it work, he had promise in the beginning, but boy did he burn out quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->