Casting: Julia Lange

instagram/selfservicemagazine

Anna Ewers by Colier Schorr
Styling: Marie Chaix
Hair: Bob Recine
Makeup: Diane Kendal
Casting: Anita Bitton

instagram/selfservicemagazine

I cringe every time I see Collier's name in the title, but I must admit her cover looks better this time.

I'll take Glen's.

(The coverline is a tad unfortunate-- since I read it as LOL... which it sort of is [LOL])

The Luchford cover is stunning, obviously! Cropping looks criminal and I don't know how Ezra could sign off on that art direction, but the shot reminds me of Luchford's many collaborations with Koller at Vogue Paris. Possibly the only stylist who refused to kowtow to Alt's retro mania.

No comment about the hack who shot the other cover.

...but the shot reminds me of Luchford's many collaborations with Koller at Vogue Paris. Possibly the only stylist who refused to kowtow to Alt's retro mania.

That’s why she was fired :(

^ sometimes it is a nice thing to be fired. She outshines VP easily at M le Monde.

Nothing bold about the Collier cover. They should have just stuck with Glen, or at least changed the copy on the Schorr one to something more appropriate. "Depressed" maybe.

LOL

I sort of low-key stan Collier. No doubt she lucked out and was at the right place at the right time to be the gimmicky face of that tiresome female-gaze nonsense. But every once in while— like one shot from likely a thousand frames worth of work, she’ll stumble onto a high fashion-worthy shot (that shot o Mica in stiletto roller-skates for SL is still one of the best shots of this fashion era). And if nothing else, the editors can always run some crap about how she’s all-powerful Newton-relevant because she’s a woman etc etc.

She shoots the most beautiful models as homely, dowdy looking messes from a mall in the Midwest circa1984. And that’s sort of what the fashion-victim editors that hire her deserve. (I’d love for her to shoot Madonna’s tour book— with the worst angles, and absolutely refuse to retouch M to her usual plastic-looking sheen. Then let’s see if M would still be harping on about fighting against ageism… Collier is sort of that-troll-over-there. And for that, I don't mind her.)

The problem I have with Collier is that usually everything she does ends up looking messy, unorganized and no neat at all.

^^^ It’s not a problem when those are precisely the traits that have suckered an entire industry of sheep into hyping her as some revolutionary LOL

'That'

Photographer: Collier Schorr
Model: Anna Ewers, Lina Zhang, Dylan Cramps, Eliza Douglas, Vinson Fraley, Savannah Knoop, Kyle ?, Ariel Nicholson, Ever Smith
Stylist: Marie Chaix
Make-up: Diane Kendal
Hair stylist: Bob Recine

artistcommissions, instagram/ezrapetronio

Some images are supposed to be in color.

Glen's editorial is so weird and I love it!

As to the other, the proper title should be "WHAT'S THAT?"

'Let's'

Photographer: Mario Sorrenti
Models: Gigi Hadid, Nella Ngingo, Olivia Vinten, Kaya Wilkin, Franco Schicke, Licett Morillo, Simona Kust
Stylist: Elodie David-Touboul
Make-up: Frank B
Hair stylist: Akki Shirakawa
Casting Director: Piergiorgio Del Moro

artpartner

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gal4dior
Back