Skins

To be honest I don't really want a Skins movie. We have season 4 to come so I'm looking forward to that. It works better as a show.

I dunno would a skins movie be any good! I would love to find out what happened with sid and cassie though

To be honest I don't really want a Skins movie. We have season 4 to come so I'm looking forward to that. It works better as a show.

Yeah I agree, as much as I love :heart: Skins, it is basically the same thing every episode ( although it has been a bit more varied) and I think 2 hours or so of the same thing over again could be a bit..bland?

LUKE PASQUALINO, OLLIE BARBIERI, AND JACK O’CONNELL
SEX, DRUGS, AND TEENAGE MISCHIEF ARE A TICKET TO STARDOM FOR THE NEW MALE LEADS OF THE HIT BRITISH TV SHOW SKINS

Photography Kai Z Feng Styling Clare Richardson Text Jordan McGarry

640x417-1.jpg

640x417-2.jpg

After the runaway success of the first two seasons of the British TV series Skins—and the astronomic rise of one of its stars, Slumdog Millionaire’s Dev Patel—the newly minted stars of the third season, which features an almost entirely new cast, have reason to be excited. From the thousands who attended the show’s open auditions, the producers chose three lucky guys as the new season’s male leads: Jack O’Connell as the wild man Cook, Ollie Barbieri as the sensitive JJ, and Luke Pasqualino as the skateboard-mad stoner Freddie. To win his part, Pasqualino spent four-and-a-half famished hours in the queue as auditioner number 5,282. Barbieri attended the auditions as a joke with a friend. Only O’Connell had acting experience, including an appearance in Shane Meadows’s 2006 skinhead drama, This Is England.

But the thrill of winning their roles was quickly replaced by the pressure to live up to the popularity of their predecessors. The first cast helped make the show a byword for outrageous, off-the-rails teens. (Whenever a family home gets trashed in the U.K. now, the press mentions Skins in its reports.) The plot lines are enough to put parents in therapy—but is the teenage species really off its collective head on sex, drugs, and more sex and drugs? “The more rock-and-roll aspect of it doesn’t really reflect what I was getting up to at that age,” says Pasqualino. “But there were definitely people I knew who were.” Their Skins characters have changed the way people relate to the actors in their personal lives. “Everyone thinks I’m this wild boy and I’m going to get my **** out everywhere,” O’Connell laughs. His costars agree. “I’ve struck it lucky because I play a goon,” Barbieri says. “So people expect me to be like that and I come across as really cool by comparison.”

All three actors have their eyes on life after Skins too (the cast will turn over again following the conclusion of the fourth season later this year), but for now, they’re enjoying the ride and have become close mates. “The way I look at it, even being here today is a big enough achievement, especially when I think about where I’ve come from and what was expected of me,” says O’Connell. “Going through school, I don’t think I showed much potential academically, so this is all just too mind-blowing.”

SEASON THREE OF SKINS AIRS ON BBC AMERICA THIS JUNE

HAIR GARETH VAN CUYLENBRUG USING AVEDA (STREETERS)
GROOMING ATTRACTA COURTNEY USING GIORGIO ARMANI SKIN CARE
PHOTO ASSISTANT PHIL DUNLOP
STYLIST ASSISTANT SOPHIE LAWRENCE

vman.com

ollie's hair! the first picture makes me laugh more than it should lol

ahhh where can i catch past episodes? i'm looking all over online and lots of links are broken/missing. thanks in advance!

^ try tv shack. that is where I watched the second season. The website has most of the episodes for all seasons.

^ your welcome.
So we've all shared our comments about what we think about the possible film spin-off of the show, but what about the possiblity of a novel? Yes? No? I personally think the film is enough and a novel is just way to much.

i would probably read the book only because i really love skins but i know i wouldn't like it as much as the show... and not just because i wouldn't get to hear all of their accents :D plus i find skins as a novel really weird and confusing since the visual aspect of the show is half of why it's so amazing.

Im not too sure about a novel,
i think that it might be taking skins to the extreeme.

Maybe it would be worth , a read if it were written in first person,
from one of the main charachters.

But yeah i would stop at the idea of a movie.

Series 3 was AWESOME.

I seriously cannot wait until series 4. February is so far away !!!!!!!

yeah I like the idea of a novel from first person perspective. I would read it but a think a movie is good enough.

I still have to watch series 3. Is it any good? I initally didn't want to watch it because of the cast change, but who knows it could be really good.

yeah I like the idea of a novel from first person perspective. I would read it but a think a movie is good enough.

I still have to watch series 3. Is it any good? I initally didn't want to watch it because of the cast change, but who knows it could be really good.

I thought the same, I didn't want to watch it because of the cast change !
but I'm sure you'll love series 3 !
it's great really!

and yes nicole-marie, FEBRUARY :cry:

I liked series three,
but i think it was a bit repetitive,
like the same storyline just dragged out for a while.

Still, i love Effy, Naomi and Freddie.
But thought that they could have found a better actor for JJ.

i think that series 3 wasnt as good as 1 & 2, but i liked how NONE of the characters were like the previous ones. i mean think about it, there was no "tony" or no "cassie". everyone was a whole new person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linawild
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->