Skins

Does anyone know any good fansite for the Prescott twins? You know, with gallery, videos, news, candid photos and stuff like that... I'm interested in their other projects aswell, Skins can not be everything they've done so far.

i don't know any fansites for them, but i know the only other thing both of them have done is one episode of 'doctors'.

I've heard they might make a movie for the series, but they don't know yet which cast will be playing in it. I hope I first will be.

I've been talking to my friends about the series and some don't like it, but I think it's great because it takes so many risks that others wouldn't even dare thinking of. Like killing one of the important characters, or changing the whole cast between seasons.
Skins is really one of a kind. :smile:

^Agreed. I've never come across a show quite like it before, and I doubt that I ever will again. It's definately on my list of favorite shows:heart:

Say it with me BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

This is a big fat GTOF to MTV. God why does America always have a remake everything. EVERYTHING.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]Skins goes American[/SIZE][/FONT].

MTV has landed the rights to develop a U.S. version of the award-winning U.K. phenomenon "Skins," it was announced today by Liz Gateley, Senior Vice President, MTV Series Development. Created by father and son team, Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain, the E4 and Channel 4 series is about a group of British teenagers who are trying to grow up and find love and happiness. Bryan Elsley will be writing and executive producing the U.S. version.

In an effort to maintain the original production's successful model wherein all the stories were written by a group of British teenagers, MTV will similarly join together unknown teenagers to write and star in the series. The producers intend to set the show in Baltimore, Maryland.

"'Skins' is one of those rare shows that cuts through to its core audience with unusually authentic stories due to the unique writing and casting process that Bryan pioneered. Having personally pursued the U.K. project for almost two years, I am beyond thrilled to bring it to MTV in the U.S. We intend to preserve the authenticity of the British version and are excited to collaborate with the original team to develop stories that will speak to American youth," said Liz Gateley, Senior Vice President, MTV Series Development.

"We are delighted to be making 'Skins' for the U.S. and in particular, for MTV who have embraced the show and its ambitions and unusual production process. We are looking forward to talking to teenagers across the U.S. and making a show that reflects their lives in every aspect," said Charlie Pattinson, CEO, Company Pictures.

"Skins" instantly became a critical and commercial hit in the U.K. especially among young adults as it was the third highest-rated show of the year on E4 reaching 1.2 million P2+ viewers and achieved a massive 61% of 16-34 year olds. The series won a 2009 BAFTA Audience Award, which was voted on by the public, and Best Drama Series at the 2008 Broadcast Awards.

"Skins" will be produced by Company Pictures, a division of ALL3MEDIA, and Stormdog, the same companies that produce the Channel 4 series in the U.K. Bryan Elsley, of Stormdog, will Executive Produce and write the U.S. version, along with Executive Producers Charlie Pattinson and George Faber, both of Company Pictures.

Source

:angry:This really makes me angry!!! There is no way that an American version of the show would be anywhere near as good as the original!!!!! What were they thinking when they sold the rights to MTV, or any American network for that matter???? This show is way too scandalous for most Americans, idk why they think this is a good idea. I even think the cencored version of the show that airs on BBC America is too risque for most Americans who are very conservative. And the fact that it's on MTV makes it even worse, they already have a reputation of trying too hard to "shock" ppl. I have a feeling that if MTV does make an American version of the show, that's what it would look like, MTV trying to be edgy and shocking. Why do American networks always take shows from other countries and ruin them?!?!? Is it due to their lack of creativity and originality?!?!?!:angry::furious:

People are mad more because of MTV producing it. I don't mind if they sold the rights to HBO or Showtime since their shows are not censored like ****.

I don't understand why you guys are so mad about it. If it ends up being crap, does it take away from the fact that the original show is brilliant? Definitely not.

Trying to imagine how will the american show look:
Cheap soundtrack (Rhianna, Britney, Good Charlotte or anything similar-to-the-hills sound like)
Sassy wardrobe (Gossip girl alike?)
Censored and completely unrealistic dialogues
Model-looking characters (90210)

all summed up... hey look, we've got Degrassi there.

I will try out the US version but I don't have high hopes for it. I hope season four of the UK version will be great though! I really don't know how they can top the first two...

I haven't heard one person be happy about the American version. I just hope they get unknown actors and writers. I also hope they don't focus so much on the clothes and makeup because with UK Skins it looks like the actors do their own makeup (and it's amazing). ALSO, I hope they don't try to replicate the characters by making an American Cassie, Sid, etc. They should make totally new ones.
They better not water down the show, because Skins isn't Skins without the sex, drugs, bad language, etc. MTV getting the rights to the show worries me the most though...

This is never going to work. I'm trying so hard to imagine an american version, and it's not good.

Cheap soundtrack (Rhianna, Britney, Good Charlotte or anything similar-.

They actually used Britney in Season 2 which I didn't realise until I read an article with either the person who picks the music or the creators. Just an interesting fact but I know what you're getting at.

I love the Season 1 & 2 music (especially MGMT playing when Sid looks for Cassie in NY) but I wasn't really impressed by Season 3.

theyre going to try and make all the characters beautiful (of course.. because thats so realistic) for them all to have model-looks. i think the wardrobe will try to be trendy, but actually be awful.

i have no good opinions for the American version at all. i think its pathetic america has to jump on something like this, because Skins works in England because its allowed to be so vulgur.. i hope that the show bombs. oh well.

Oh and one more thing. Skins isn't Skins without the British accent.

I rather hear those than annoying American teenagers accent. "OMG, like OMG" :blink:

I'm a huge fan of Skins, and have been since I caught a glimpse of it when I was over in London two years ago... but this is just a disaster. I've been anticipating it coming over to the U.S, with the hope that it would air on HBO or Showtime (like someone said above), but knowing MTV's reputation for sticking with fake and stunning, instead of real and normal... it worries me. How will they be able to handle the dialogue between the characters? The sex? The drugs? Good luck getting that past the FCC here in the states... especially when Gossip Girl is considered racy here.

I'm highly disappointed, but I also doubt that this won't be a success. Those of us who have been following Skins since the near beginning, we know what we'll be missing... those who will be viewing it for the first time won't; I'm almost positive it will be a major win for MTV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sb0rraxt3
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->