Skins

I liked Grace as well, and Franky. Possibly Liv and Alo too, but I have to see more of them first. I don't why I've found it really different from the other two generations, there was a sort of continuity (partly thanks to Effy and Pandora but not only) between the 1st and the 2nd, but not anymore :neutral:

Northern Star said:
It always takes a while to adjust to new characters and Grace was always gonna be the most interesting, so made sense for the first ep. to revolve around her.

You mean Franky ? Because that was her episode :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I wasn't the greatest fan of the previous generation, but at least the dynamics were interesting. I feel like this series has been watered down. Why? The storyline this week almost feels too teen soap opera-ish.

I don't know what to think yet of this new season. I'm not against a slower pace, but the problem is that the storylines are too predictable, especially this week's episode. I feel like I've seen this a hundred of times (the whole virginity thing, the blonde bombshell/Queen Bee of high school dating the hot atheltic guy, she's starving herself, etc), Mini is such a cliché. In retrospect, the 2nd episode (with Rich and Grace) was really nice, and they're a cute couple.

Is anyone else watching American Skins?
I loves Cadie's episode, the actress is rocking her character, I felt so bad for her, almost screamed at the screen by the end of the episode: 'don't take it!!!!
The mother thing with 'just take your medication!' was so real too.
Plus the music's good.

I'm liking it so much more than the series 5 so far.

No I don't watch US Skins anymore, I tried twice and didn't like it.

Just saw episode 7 of series 5 and I really enjoyed it. Basically, I liked episodes 1, 2 and 7, between those it was just kind of boring, pointless and expected. Now I hope next week's episode is of the same level.

Next episode is the season finale. In the end, i couldn't really warm up to any of the characters, Grace and Frankie are kind of the most interesting ones that's about it.

I didn't even attempt to watch the US version and I'm proud of that fact.
However, I'm thinking about watching some more seasons of the UK Skins...which one is the best? I've only seen series 1 and 2 with Tony, Sid, Jal, etc.

I loved season 3/4 with Effy, Freddy and Cook. It was pretty good. What did you think of the season's finale? I really really liked it. They made me excited about next year... It had some closure, but not nearly enough to make it boring...

^ I didn't like it at all, because it was again so boring and predictable, no excitement at all. So overall I only liked 3 episodes (1, 2, 7). It just feels like nothing happened throughout the whole season, except for Grace and Rich.

Sobriquet87 : I suggest season 3 ! I really liked this generation, in terms of acting I think they're the best ones so far. Season 4 is not that great especially towards the end..

I just started Season 3 last night. The first two episodes were hilarious. Cook is currently my favorite character. :D

I can't wait to see what happens next!

^ I didn't like it at all, because it was again so boring and predictable, no excitement at all. So overall I only liked 3 episodes (1, 2, 7). It just feels like nothing happened throughout the whole season, except for Grace and Rich.

Sobriquet87 : I suggest season 3 ! I really liked this generation, in terms of acting I think they're the best ones so far. Season 4 is not that great especially towards the end..

I liked season 4, but then they killed it with the ending. Now I'm curious to see in which direction the film will go. It's about generation 3/4 rigth? As for this season, I pretty much agree w you. The episodes you mentioned are also my favourites :flower:

^There's going to be a film? Interesting. I would've preferred Generation 1 and 2, but I like 3/4 too.

The only fault I have with Generation 3/4 is that Effy isn't as "pretty" as I think they want her to be. I don't get why all the guys want her when the other female characters are more pretty. Maybe it's a Lolita thing or something since Effy looks like she's 10? :P

:lol: I think it's an exageration. Although I find her really really pretty. Still, there's more women in the world :P I've heard there'll be a movie, yes! Gen 1 and 2 would be hard to get, since some of them got really big in the meanwhile. I'll try to search for more info :smile:

^Yeah that's true. Dev Patel and Nicholas Hoult would be hard to get.
But I think it would be cool if they could have cameos from gen 1 and 2.

And I do think Effy is pretty. She just annoys me sometimes with the decisions she makes.

Is season 5 worth watching if i enjoyed the first 2 and hated the 3rd ( i'm not even going to try to watch the 4th one)? Though season 3 started off really well, focusing most episodes on Effy and the ones that worship her (everybody) was a huge mistake. They made her seem like a goddess when she's just a pretty girl who looks like she hasn't washed in ages. Plus, she has no personality. Only Tony, who is subjective being her brother, thinks she's "the most clever person he's ever met". I even disliked Freddie and Cook for being so "in love" with her. Thomas was the only somehow interesting character.

I think it's worth watching. I liked the season finale and I'm hopeful they will improve this generation, next season! But I liked epi 3, so maybe I'm suspicious to answer that :P

I agree with Effy being overhyped, she was the most annoying character for me, ever :P Plus I don't see her beauty at all... and as for the clever part, the only smart thing I remember her doing was the way she got Sid and Cassie back together.

As for 3rd/4th generation, I quite enjoyed Pandora. She somehow didn't fit to show at all but was such a delight to watch. The twins were also interesting casting.

loon3k3 I definitely think season 4 is worth watching although the ending is kind of bad...To me, the 2nd generation had the best actors : Cook, Katie, Freddie, J.J and Thomas were incredibly well played; especially Cook of course, Jack O'Connell is a terrific actor and just for his performance in his season 4 episode you should watch it. ^_^ Effy, Pandora and Emily were also good, there's just Naomi that somehow I never liked, be it her character or the was she was played..

As regards season 5 it wasn't bad but just too predictable and boring for my liking, I just liked 3 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KHERLAK
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->