Skirt And Slip

Lara_28

Reaction score
Greetings.. When it comes to wearing skirts I go for one style and thats long flowing with light shades and small floral prints.. I like ankle length or maybe a lil longer.. Tho not to the floor (when standing) My favorite fabric for a skirt is viscose (rayon) I like such skirts somuch because they move nicely when I walk and they flow nicely in a breeze/wind.. My favorite skirt is the one I have on now.. It's main color is lilac and it's covered in tiny white flowers..It's viscose and is long full and flowing.. It goes down past my ankles when I'm standing but not all the way to the floor..The skirt buttons down the front.. this mornin I went for a walk and to look around at the loacl stores and malls..
I had a look in some cheap store and found this nice long flowing white satin half slip that was 40 inches long and my skirt is also 40 inches long... So I tryed it on with with this skirt and decided to buy it :smile: Payed $7 for it and decided I'd keep it on.. It's as flowy as the skirt.. Now I decided to have my skirt unbuttoned from the bottom to up past my knees.. Being there was a strong breeze blowing the skirt and slip was whipping around my legs and ankles and every so often billowing.. I found that occasionly where i had the skirt unbuttoned the wind would often catch the open portitions of my skirt at the front causing it to flutter open and my slip would flap out from under my skirt.. Now can you tell me what you think of my style and what if any words of wisdom do you have? I think it looks pretty and very feminine :smile: Is having buttons undone on the skirt when it's rather windy and the wind keeps making the skirt fly open allowing the slip to flap from under my skirt to be revealed a good or bad thing?

I don't know where this is supposed to be, but I know that it's not here....mods?

Greetings.. When it comes to wearing skirts I go for one style and thats long flowing with light shades and small floral prints.. I like ankle length or maybe a lil longer.. Tho not to the floor (when standing) My favorite fabric for a skirt is viscose (rayon) I like such skirts somuch because they move nicely when I walk and they flow nicely in a breeze/wind.. My favorite skirt is the one I have on now.. It's main color is lilac and it's covered in tiny white flowers..It's viscose and is long full and flowing.. It goes down past my ankles when I'm standing but not all the way to the floor..The skirt buttons down the front.. this mornin I went for a walk and to look around at the loacl stores and malls..
I had a look in some cheap store and found this nice long flowing white satin half slip that was 40 inches long and my skirt is also 40 inches long... So I tryed it on with with this skirt and decided to buy it :smile: Payed $7 for it and decided I'd keep it on.. It's as flowy as the skirt.. Now I decided to have my skirt unbuttoned from the bottom to up past my knees.. Being there was a strong breeze blowing the skirt and slip was whipping around my legs and ankles and every so often billowing.. I found that occasionly where i had the skirt unbuttoned the wind would often catch the open portitions of my skirt at the front causing it to flutter open and my slip would flap out from under my skirt.. Now can you tell me what you think of my style and what if any words of wisdom do you have? I think it looks pretty and very feminine :smile: Is having buttons undone on the skirt when it's rather windy and the wind keeps making the skirt fly open allowing the slip to flap from under my skirt to be revealed a good or bad thing? I moved this topic here cos it'sa personal style :smile:

welcome to the fashion spot...lara

sounds very romantic...a little laura ashley or gunne sax...
you might want to look for some vintage pieces from these labels if you like that look...you also might consider a petticoat under the skirt...

alternatively...you could find some beautiful vintage petticaots and wear them as skirts...i think this can be quite beautiful myself...

i've attached an example... :flower:

Am I right in sayin a slip and petticoat is one and the same thing? I do prefer my slip cos petticoats r to frilly/lacy.. My slipI have on with the skirt has only a lil bit of lace :smile: It's how I prefer it :smile: can I call it an underskirt and does underskirt mean slip as well? Always thought petticoat nd slipwaas same thing.. and in UK we call em petticoasts and in the US they r called slips.. Dunno... *thinx* Tho could one wear a white skirt under anutha skirt to act as a slip? As for my mention of my fav skirt.. Thats wot I have on in my avatar pic.. Along wiv the flowin white slip :smile: In terms of a top ie shirt, etc what would go well wiv that skirt and in what colors? :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excorp2004
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->