Your Wardrobe Essentials

Earlier this year I bought, on a whim, a pair of simple black leather flats from Yves Saint Laurent - I was expecting them to wear out quickly as leather flats tend to be quite delicate. Surprisingly, despite me having worn them in mud and all kinds of horrible-for-shoes situations, they've held up perfectly. The leather feels even better now than it felt brand new, and they've gone from being just a random purchase to being one of the most essential parts of my wardrobe.

Simple, reasonably cheap items that I have worn non-stop since purchasing - my nine west denham ballet flats & my mng cashmere/silk mix black cardigan.

:heart:

There's this deep blue jersey dress I got from Jcrew awhile ago. It hits a few inches above my knee; it is somewhat fitted on the top half, and looser towards the bottom. It fits me so beautifully and looks even better when I'm walking. It's so simple and lovely, one of the easiest things to just throw on and look complete.

Jeans. Whether they are boot cut or straight leg. I have 5 pairs of boot cut and 3 pairs of straight leg. I prefer a medium wash to a dark indigo wash. They can be dressed up or dressed down.

Boots. My favorite kind of shoes. I'm usually wearing these most of the time.

High heels. If I'm not wearing boots, I am wearing a pair of heels. My range goes from 3inch to 6 inch. My favorite is a pair I got from Steve Madden. To some that may not be a splurge, but considering I usually get my shoes from Payless or Target, it is to me.

Blazers. I can do almost anything with a blazer. Dress them up and down. I don't wear them every day but definitely a staple in my wardrobe.

Black trench coat - perfect for all outfits. I can be wearing something I'm not entirely happy with for whatever reason and cover it up with the trench. It's also a flattering shape for my figure.
Black fine wool mix waiter's jacket - goes with everything, dresses up casual outfits, looks amazing over dresses, makes my waist look smaller, pulls everything together.
Black cardigan :smile:
Black ballet flats
Black opaque tights
- melbourne has a temperate climate so these items work well all year round save for when it's absolutely boiling hot.

Recently I got two pairs of Ferragamo Vara heels, one in black and one in cream. They go with everything and are so comfortable. I wanted a classic low heel that I could wear with work outfits and casual clothes. I was sick of changing shoes from walking to the train station to work (flats on public transport, heels at work) and the Varas are so comfy I can wear them walking everywhere.

In the winter:
-Jeans (like shoes and handbags, you can never have too much denim)
-My faux-leather Biker jacket. I love it! I can dress it down with a pair of jeans or wear it with a body con dress/skirt to give my look an edge.
-Biker boots. or should that just be boots? I don't like my feet getting cold.

In the summer:
-white tank tops
-Jeans. Again.

skinny jeans
basic v-necks from American Apparel
black boots in winter, ballet shoes in summer

#1? LEATHER JACKET. i try not to wear it but always panic and put it on at the last second because I JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE MYSELF WITHOUT IT

other than that, i can't seem to dress myself without wearing one of the following:
-- black acne kex jeans
-- about 40 pairs of ripped black tights
-- enormous opening ceremony wedges - totally worth the $500 as i've worn them at least 100 times
-- assorted black shirts of various levels of drapeyness/tatters/transparency

- my favourite t shirt... i feel like i have to take it everywhere...
- My oldies travel jeans...i always wear them while flying like the above t shirt yeeeh
- in winter: my fav white coat
- All seasons: A skinny scarf with some silverish details
AND!!!
- My big summer crush: a colored vintage scarf!!!

too many?:blush:

For me it's definitely blazers. I tend to go for cheaper blazers because more expensive structured ones don't fit me well in the shoulders but a selection of blazers definitely. It can add color, it can dress an outfit up, it can work as a jacket since I don't have many, it can add definition to my waist, etc. They just do so much.

^same with me..Though for spring and summer I'm mostly leaning towards cardigans, probably because I generally like a more feminin, girly look there. While in the winter, I like a bit more texture and simple-ness.. well generally speaking.
And as Meg mentioned I just think that you can do so much with a blazer or a cardigan.

I mostly wear dresses and skirts and therefore I have to wear somekind of tights or leggings or else I'll freeze to death - so they are very basic to me.

Also I do have a fondness for big scarves as well in all sorts of colors and with different prints.

Loose black outfits. Loose because I have small boobs :lol: I usually wear clothes that are one solid color... and I'm not very fond of "happy" colors. I can't live without black tights and leggings. I enjoy leather a lot too.

Loose black outfits. Loose because I have small boobs :lol: I usually wear clothes that are one solid color... and I'm not very fond of "happy" colors. I can't live without black tights and leggings. I enjoy leather a lot too.

hahahah. this is totally me too. sometimes when i'm hanging my laundry up to dry i feel kiiinda uncomfortable that the drying rack is just ENTIRELY covered in, like, flowing black shirts/dresses and 500 pairs of black stockings in various stages of disrepair.

white layering cotton tees
11-wale corduroy trousers
sturdy shoes

My jeans.
Black leggings.
Black heels.
Black flats and blue flats with sparkles.
Black blazer.
Silver oval-shaped hoops.
Red flower ring.

Long cardigans from topshop usually worn with a belt
American apparel V neck jersey tees
My favorite pair of skinny jeans from New Look
Black flats
Dark colored opaque tights from topshop
Black leather square heeled boots
Pashmina I got as a gift from my aunt when she went to Italy

Your wardrobe essentials?

What are the pieces of clothing that you can't live without?? I'm redoing my wardrobe after a few days of me staring into the closet and having no idea what to wear so I'm looking for ideas

And Happy Easter everyone :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->