Snejana Onopka

All this...for nothing. We've certainly got our hopes a bit too up.
I'm sure she was meant to walk but didn't get book and then said she was in Paris for a "big meeting". Or I assume she would've said from the start that she was not here to walk for PFW.

All this...for nothing. We've certainly got our hopes a bit too up.
I'm sure she was meant to walk but didn't get book and then said she was in Paris for a "big meeting". Or I assume she would've said from the start that she was not here to walk for PFW.
Big meeting might as well mean a casting. There is nothing strange about it. Snejana´s "hey days" are over and much more established models must attend castings/fit to cf before they get booked for a show. I believe it just didnt work at the end - as simple as that.

So whatever happened to her editorial she shot in Italy? Was it ever released? I remember seeing a few snaps on her insta.

I don't think so. But I'm sure we'll eventually get a rant about how that photographer/stylist/editor/magazine/etc is the worst ever.

A.M.G. F/W 2016 Kiev (O)(C)
aW0y60i.jpg
vToSMYA.jpg

fashionweek.ua

It's better being treated like an icon in her home country market than being treated like a nobody in the international market:wink:
Good to see her walking shows! Keep up the work Snejana!

YES! Great to see her walking and looking fantastic. B)

For me she will always be part of a crew that define a generation of models... as biased as the site is, she should have spot on MDCs Icons list with Sasha, Trentini, Raquel, Gemma, Anja and all those tops from her generation... but I get their point, you can't cover the sun with one finger, all of those girls are still significantly present alongside big names on the international market; after her Gucci Cruise 2010 campaign, Snejana never got a blue-chip campaign or cover ever again.

Sometimes I wonder... what was the real reason of this? Since she can't really hide her enthusiasm for being part of the VIP of the industry, I highly doubt her international career stopped because of a personal decision of taking a break; she can't hide deep inside she's desperate for being on her old spot again, if you love your career that much I don't think you want to slow down in your best years... I really think there must be something else very important related to agency issues. A one in a million face taken to the spotlight by Meisel, adored by Gucci and Dolce, out of the sudden is officially a nobody to the names that considered her a muse. I really want to know the real specific reason why this happened.

^I'm sure she'd answer your questions if you'd ask her :smile:
She loves her fans on social media (I'm too shy to come to her though:blush:). As much as I don't like her recent behaviour, she is one of the first models that intrigued me and made me interested in fashion, I will always love her for that. I admire her career and her work, she's one of the greatest models of her generation. I agree with everything you've said Legolas, she's an icon but isn't treated like her coworkers (which is sad).
Even Gemma did a better comeback...

It has to do with Natasha Poly. She spread rumors about snejana to clients and made her look her bad. She's trying to build herself up again.

^ Really? wow.

I kind of low-key always hoped that Karl would take interest in her again and hire her to walk for Chanel. he's brought back every model that walked for him before in his latest shows, but never her. Tragic.:(

It's better being treated like an icon in her home country market than being treated like a nobody in the international market:wink:
Good to see her walking shows! Keep up the work Snejana!

But she's never covered Vogue Ukraine has she?

^ Nope, VU hates her. She's called them out many many times on her IG as well.

^ Really? wow.

I kind of low-key always hoped that Karl would take interest in her again and hire her to walk for Chanel. he's brought back every model that walked for him before in his latest shows, but never her. Tragic.:(

^ yes, unfortunately
Same here, she fits Chanel. It makes me so sad that most designers have turned their backs on her. She still has it, in my opinion

^ Nope, VU hates her. She's called them out many many times on her IG as well.

Didn't she decline a cover with them because she didn't like the way they were going to photograph her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->