Snejana Onopka

Snejana claims all of Ukraine hates her. Why doesn't she just move to NY then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does Ukraine hate her?

I don't know. She claims that she's not respected by the public of Ukraine and that Vogue Ukraine hates her.

She keeps mentioning about how Vogue Russia is supportive of Russian models and that Vogue Ukraine doesn't do the same. I think she mentioned that in that interview a couple of posts before as well. I read it via Google Translate, so I'm not sure.

I don't know. She claims that she's not respected by the public of Ukraine and that Vogue Ukraine hates her.

She keeps mentioning about how Vogue Russia is supportive of Russian models and that Vogue Ukraine doesn't do the same. I think she mentioned that in that interview a couple of posts before as well. I read it via Google Translate, so I'm not sure.

Ah, thank you. Maybe she's right, I don't know. But it's usual for each regional Vogue to support local models, I think. Not exclusively, I mean, but you'd expect Adriana and Giselle to have been on more Vogue Brazils than Vogue Britain and Kate Moss vice versa...

She had several clashes with Vogue Ukraine. Question: does anyone want an English translation of the interview? I was thinking of doing it for some time now.

I was never a big fan of hers, but I really don't understand constant trashing of this girl. Ok, so her time (as a fresh and fierce new face) is over but I don't get why people don't give her a break. Maybe she's not even interested in being a full time model anymore? Maybe she likes the way she looks (why wouldn't she?) and what is lacking in your lives that you must write every single thing that comes to your mind against her.

Snejana, if you're reading this. You should know better than feeding the public with negative ideas about yourself. Even if you have this idea that Vogue Ukraine doesn't like you, maybe try asking yourself why that is. This way, they sure won't think of working with a model who speaks negatively about the magazine. Keep good relations with everyone, you're no better than anyone else. Knowing your worth is fine but still, humility is the key, always.

^huh? your first paragraph asks why anyone would have an issue with Snejana, while your second paragraph explains exactly why. this is a particularly opinionated thread though, I'll give you that. :lol:

If someone is not polite, he can't expect people to like him. Pretty simple. And of course, as they say, where there's smoke, there's fire but we don't really know Snejana or what her idea of a successful modeling career (in their 30s) is like. Anyway, people's comments won't change a thing so it's always a waste of time in the end :D

She is still with WhyNot in Milan I believe, so now she does have an agency in Paris as well

She can join as many agencies as she wants but if the casting directors/designers/magazine editors don't want to deal with her drama or are simply not interested then it's not going to help.

continued:

The Return of Snejana Onopka

Before Gigi and Bella, before social media, Snejana Onopka was as ubiquitous in fashion as Diet Coke and green salad. Her rise was one of those Natalia Vodianova-esque model fairy tales: scouted in her eastern European homeland, and scaling fashion’s dizzying heights within months. Since embarking on an open-ended hiatus, you’ll often find her on Instagram attentively chatting with fans and sharing some seriously major throwbacks. Fittingly, Instagram is where I caught up with Snejana and with a new agency and a new perspective, and why she’s poised for her comeback.

Even those with only a passing interest in fashion in the 2000s could probably recognize Snejana Onopka—or at the very least that face. Flick through any fashion magazine and the Kiev-based beauty was an editorial and campaign fixture. Still, she never necessarily set out to model. ‘It was my dream when I was 14, but after, I was not thinking to be a model. People from DNA model management came to Kiev especially for me.’

Though she was scouted in Kiev, Snejana originally hails from the small industrial city of Sievierodonetsk, a town more famous for producing chemicals than supermodels.

Following that fateful scouting from DNA, the then-19-year-old relocated to New York City, where things moved quickly. ‘First it was test shootings for my book, and in two months it was a Dolce campaign with Steven Meisel.’ It was early 2005, and Meisel took a particular liking to the young Ukrainian, sparking a slate of high-profile campaigns. Two covers of Vogue Italia followed, in addition to dozens of other covers including French and Japanese Vogue, Numéro, i-D and W. The Meisel moments are a particular highlight. ‘It’s just amazing working with Steven. It’s very easy, because he knows what he wants.’

By the time of her official runway début at Marc Jacobs that spring, Onopka was already well on her way to becoming one of the top high fashion models in the world. Blessed by the fashion gods, Snejana rapidly ascended the coveted Top 50 list on models.com. Despite her meteoric success, she kept a pragmatic approach to the profession. ‘I realized that I’m successful, but I never feel that I’m a “star” or something like this.’

Read more at Lucire: The return of Snejana Onopka
Source: Lucire.com.

She's in Paris and judging by her insta stories it might be... dare I say it... Dior? Now that would be amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->