Solution for short lashes?

chicandcool

Reaction score
I have really short lashes and I want them to grow longer cause I hate using fake lashes. Does anyone know a tried-and-tested solution?

I've been hearing applying castor oil helps them grow longer. Is this true?

I know refraining from using mascara can help they grow somewhat longer, but to what extent I don't know. They have eyelash extensions you can get and they're sort of "implanted" on the lid, and I've heard applying vaseline to the eyelashes everyday helps them grow longer

^ Ah ha so they DO make implants! I've always wondered about that! My lashes are average length but I always try to make them as big as possible (if I had my way they'd be ridiculously runway long every day I love long lashes:heart: ), as far as make up goes I kinda like the babydoll look. I was talking to my friend just yesterday saying that I'd rather get fake ones like permanently installed rather than using stick on ones. I'm not crazy then lol

It's not as much a permanent thing, but I swear by Lancome Cils Booster-it's a mascara primer of sorts and when you use it, your lashes do look longer.

I have really short lashes too. I love wearing false lashes for special occasion type things or if I know I'm going to take a lot of pictures, but I'd feel strange to wear them regularly so I don't. I have tried castor oil for trying to make my eyebrows grow more thickly and it didn't work so I don't know if it would really work on lashes. I guess it doesn't hurt to try but don't expect miracles because I noticed no difference when using it on my brows for a few months. I really just try to combat short lashes by curling my lashes and applying lots of mascara (not tarantula lots, but more than one little coat). I tried "fiberwig" mascara from sephora and I really like that one. Pretty much any mascara is good if you do a few coats. And maybe try applying some with the wand perpendicular to your lash line instead of the parallel way. So you can hit a few lashes with extra. But of course not in an overboard way and brush/comb it off if you get any clumps (but that's a given right?).

hi, have you girls heard of Latisse? Its just released in the US. Try googling it.. its a solution you apply to your eyelash everyday, guaranteed to make your eyelash grow longer and thicker. The maker is Allergan (maker of Botox). However, you have to keep using or your eyelash will return to its original length. and it cost about US$120/month supply...

well, try to use a clean mascara wand to apply natural oil to ur lashses like at least twice per week. I try that for myself, and even though my lashes doesnt get like significantly longer, at least the oil protect ur lashes and encourage growth in the long run.

and like touch them (i dunno if that is the way it really works, but i will put it down anyways :lol:). it was my friends remedy (sorta) because the lash's function is to protect stuff to get into ur eyes, so if you keep touching the lashes it is like telling them they need to grow more to block the stuff get into ur eyes. XD

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried Latisse and it really does work. It's a little scary though because although I love my lashes now, i'm pretty nervous that there will be some long term effects to using it on your eyes. the fda doesn't have such a great track record here in america... :/

lancome cils booster xl really does work great! especially when paired with lancome hypnose drama (you must use a lash comb for clumps though)

^I would've tried Latisse but they warn that it can possibly turn your eyes brown. No thanks! I love my green eyes so much they're my favorite thing about me I am not risking that! lol

I had always been so tempted to try Latisse/RevitaLash and all those other products but for me, the risks outweigh the benefits. Maybe one day someone will come up with a product that will give us their results with zero side effects. Right now I use Ardell's Lash/Brow Growth Accelerator. It's like a conditioner but it truly strengthens and promotes lash growth. I've used it on and off for the past 3 years, and more consistently the last few months after experiencing some breakage after removing my lash extensions. I used it on my previously miniscule bottom lashes as well as my top lashes and they've grown significantly longer and fuller.

^I would've tried Latisse but they warn that it can possibly turn your eyes brown. No thanks! I love my green eyes so much they're my favorite thing about me I am not risking that! lol
what if you already have brown eyes?

Im reading the reviews on MUA for RevitaLash and its really scary some girl even got an intense eye infection.
Has anybody tried Lilash?

what if you already have brown eyes?
I've wondered that too, I'd assume it won't change at all then if you have brown eyes. I don't think it's a high risk of the color changing to brown anyway but I just don't like the sound of that and beyond the looks part I mean like...your eyes changing color from a product is not normal lol

A bit of Vaseline!

I have been using Shiesedo Eyelash curlers and CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara and, I know this sounds really weird, my lashes are so much longer!

^Does vaseline work?
I heard Olive Oil, i'm going to start doing that

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->