Sophia Kokosalaki for Vionnet Collection * updated Sophia out

I love the grey trench! And those gowns are like liquid.. beautiful. :heart:

Was not keen when I saw the Vogue scans but now that I have seen more of the collection I am loving it.

this dress is 8 grand. (nypost.com)

Attachments

• vio1.jpg
    vio1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 17
Somehow I've managed not to notice this thread was updated with pictures. I like almost all of it, but the trench looks really out of place. This is definately Marchesa for those with taste. And the overall mood looks like Theyskens' Rochas. (So do the prices...)

i think all the pieces in the pictures are brilliant!

*where are the photos from, vikingqueen?

The barney's here in chicago carries it...it's VERY expensive!!

gorgeous gowns in their own right.. but i think theyre a bit overpriced a bit especially after seeing them all in person. but the pressure of being the first designer to revive vionnet, the woman who reinvented virtually every modern womans wardrobe, i really dont think theyres anything like it. as beautiful as it is, it just doesn't mean the same thing that vionnet brought to fashion

the prices are quite shocking...
but i do think it's the best work she has ever done...

thanks to everyone who posted pics...

Found this Vionnet in a NYT slide show, "The New Collectibles." Lusting after all the items showcased (take a look at the Undercover cape—first photo).

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2007/02/20/fashion/20070225_COLLECT_SLIDESHOW_1.html

(Photo: Jen Mortensen/NYT)

GO WITH THE FLOU Sophia Kokosalaki’s debut collection for the French house Vionnet included this deceptively simple-looking dress. $7,300. At Barneys New York.

COLLECT_slidefour.jpg

Is it just me or do those dresses from vionnet.com look a bit makeshift and heavy-handed? There does not seem to be much draping expertise utilized, and you can't just tie and twist lame or iridescent fabrics, expecting a masterpiece.

I don't know, looking a bit Project Runway to me.:(

Um...is she showing for F/W? I don't see it scheduled and today is the last day for Paris...

Oooh I just love it, much better than Kokosalaki's namesake collection. :wub:

Foxie-Pooh said:
Um...is she showing for F/W? I don't see it scheduled and today is the last day for Paris...

I think it may have been buyers-only earlier in the week. Maybe.:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->