Spanx anyone?

Ah, I have a Spanx story :P My brother's MIL was shopping for a dress for the wedding. She is a plus-size lady. The female SA smacked her on the butt/thigh and said, You need SPANX!!!! She didn't go for it, but what surprised me was that she still bought her dress there! I cannot imagine what I would have done if someone had done that to me. I know this--it would not have been pretty.

I remember when I was first wearing hose my mother was pregnant with my brother. One day I ran out of hose & borrowed some of hers, and they were support hose. OMG :shock: I was nearly physically ill from the pain, it was like being squeezed to death by a python. I do wear control-top hose, but this experience is what I imagine Spanx would be like. Sure it would be nice to look flawless, but I am anti-pain :doh: :innocent:

I wore Spanx pantyhose on my wedding day and they were wonderful! My wedding dress was fitted satin and very unforgiving...the Spanx made it all come together :innocent: ^_^

However, I wouldn't wear them on a daily basis...too much of a hassle.

Isn't there a picture of Gwyneth Paltrow wearing some designer evening gown which the photographers' flash made so transparent you could see her Spanx?

tott said:
I've seen these kinds of underwear on home shopping tv, and it's all so American, isn't it? 200 pound women squeezing into mega-hold-it-all-in-pants...

Of course they work, but I'm not so sure women are ready to step into "corsets", even if they are more comfortable than yesterdays?

I feel they are for special occasions, like if you want to look great in your wedding dress or at a ball?

hmm, i have a pair, and uhm, theyre surprisingly comfortable, my skin just itches afterward..i have to hold my tummy in somehow...:ninja:

Tatika said:
why would gwyneth paltrwo need to wear spanx?

under something satin maybe? everyone has bulges if they wear satin- even if they're bone thin

^ Yep, satin is not forgiving... You need a better than perfect body to carry off tight satin well! :lol:

I have a pair, they don't come to the knees but come up under the breast. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people aren't fond of the idea but I love mine. I suffer from terrible self image issues and these make me feel a little less insecure. They aren't miracle workers but it's something to rely on when I go to a big event or something along those lines. I don't think they're uncomfortable at all, I hardly notice I'm wearing them.

I'm a huge fan of anything like that makes me look smaller. Love corsets, definitely interested in Spanx if it'll make me look a little less bulgy. That's why I wear corsets, to suck in my stomach fat. It's not uncomfortable at all.

The reversible black/brown once sound so cool and I'm thinking of getting some for my sister, but she is the LAST person in the world who is going to compromise comfort for style. Does anyone have them and can say what they feel like? Or know of any other reversible tights?

Not for me - it would feel so constricting and uncomfortable. I would prefer to rely on outer clothers to cover any 'lumps or bumps'

I'd wear these if I was going somewhere nice in a tight dress and where I didn't drink (HAH).

Otherwise, no. I will suffer for fashion but when it comes to struggling in the bathroom to get them pulled up, high waisted jeans are too much of a challenge for me.

i have a few and they dont make you suffer..they just smooth everything when you need to...esp. when wearing a dress and you dont want anything to show..its not like corsets at all..it doesnt make me look thinner either...it just smooths out everything

I have a pair of spanx leggings and I think they make my thighs look a tiny bit thinner. They're really not painful at all, they're more comfertable than jeans.

this is interesting.
but can aperson who say...hugs you
tell that what your wearing underneath?
would you be able to feel it? like a corset?

Oh God no. :blink: I can't stand anything squishing my stomach or restricting my breathing. Diet and exercise all the way, if I felt too bumpy to wear something I wouldn't wear it (besides, it couldn't smooth out my hip bones and ribcage anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->