Socks...

juzuxel

Reaction score
I was curious what do you all think about socks. What colour socks should you wear? Should you matc them with your pants(YUCK)? Should you match them with your shoes? Or can you always wear black "dress" socks with anything (except for gym shoes when you are going to the gym)? (I mostly mean mens sock but women can answer to)

I only have black "dress" socks those are the only ones that I wear. It is easy and for me it allways goes with anything and they are sutle and nobody notices them. Some people try to match them with their pants but it is never the right colour and it gets my distracted... I'm just curious of everybodys likes and disslikes.

i don't tend to wear socks at all, unless i'm wearing boots, work out shoes (i.e. sneakers), or uggs (because i think wearing them without socks is :yuk:). and the only socks i wear are the short little white peds, because they're the closest i can get to not wearing socks in situations where i have to, if that makes any sense.

I wear socks when I'm wearing my exercise shoes or boots.
I buy my socks based on how cute their design is and trust me, most of the time they do no match my outfit at all.
But my shoes cover everything so that's not a problem at all :smile:

the "rule":rolleyes: is to match socks to your pants...

i love wearing funky socks, even if no one sees them, it feels good.

To me matching the socks to your pants is so ridiclous because it never really matches and it almost always looks kind of mitch matched.... Well rules are made to be broken..

I only wear socks when I'm wearing boots (and sneakers but I hardly ever wear those) so I don't really care what they look like. But sometimes I still buy socks with cute prints just because I like them. ^_^

PrincessImp. said:
I wear socks when I'm wearing my exercise shoes or boots.
I buy my socks based on how cute their design is and trust me, most of the time they do no match my outfit at all.
But my shoes cover everything so that's not a problem at all :smile:

I do the same exact thing. I rarley wear socks, only when I wear gym shoes (which is basically never) and with boots (but not uggs). I have bunny and frog socks and basically anything cute , no one sees them :innocent:

This reminds me of my high school teacher of french that allways matched his socks with the t-shirt or pullover he was wearing! :smile:...green t-shirt meant green socks, etc

...and also a music teacher that wore pink fluffy socks with classic men´s shoes! :D hehehehhe

I like fun socks! Even if they are not seen, like someone mentioned :wink:
...it´s a bit like wearing nice knickers :D

To Sock Or Not To Sock

QUOTE SENNA: I only wear socks when I'm wearing boots (and sneakers but I hardly ever wear those) so I don't really care what they look like. But sometimes I still buy socks with cute prints just because I like them. ^_^

Reply from John Balone: Men and Women attack scoks differently. Men should wear black socks with blue or black trousers. Men should wear brown socks and shoes with brown trousers. White socks are for athletic wear...or if you are trying to make some sort of strange statement. (Even in my cowboy boots I wear black socks.)
Ladies...you have the field. I have seen knee socks worn with dresses. I'm not sure what the new fashion etiquette dictates. Colours are in great vogue but pleeze try to coordinate your socks with the rest of your ensamble. I hate it when the socks vary so much from the rest of the ensamble. (It looks like your socks were found on the floor of your closet!)
Dress up is exactly that...DRESS UP. Bare legs can be beautiful when worn with Sigerson-Morrison but pantyhose and stockings do exist. If your dress is longer wear real stockings...it drives real men nuts. If your dress is above the knee then pantyhose is in order. Ahhh but who am I.

I totally need new socks! My feet are cold. I want some fuzzy ones. Which brand is the best?

Most of the time i just wear generic socks because nobody can see them, but i show these off sometimes :heart:

00350f.jpg
style.com

How about super warm fuzzy ski socks..ohh my cold feet are so happy

I mainly wear grey or black woolsocks, but planning to buy woolsocks by Acne and wear over skinnyjeans, pic from acnjeans:

071_CF011579.jpg

I only wear thin socks, preferably knee-high. I hate anything really thick or padded. My toes get claustrophobic. :|
Usually in black....although with tennis shoes I wear white ankle socks.

I love Burlington socks and warm, thick socks with cute prints (Snoopy :rolleyes:) in winter. My feet get cold so easily...

I hate shopping, but socks are one of the few things I don't mind splurging on.

Knee high socks with stripes or argyle patterns the best. It's nice to wear them with flats or something so a peek of colour can match a scarf or a hat and it subtly ties the outfit together without being matchy...

I have a pair of knee high lumberjack socks (heather grey with red toes and heels) that I really love. I roll them over my shorts and wear them with high motorcycle boots and it's a really tough tomboy look :heart:

Just bought some warm fuzzy nordstrom socks for $8 today. I will post pics later!

Sorry to bring up such an old thread but some friends and I recently got into this discussion via Myspace about socks. I am are real stickler for hating white socks. I don't believe they should be sold...ever.

The only time I will make an exception if with gym clothes but even then I don't like them. I love black socks or socks with cute prints on them (I have them from biege, blue, black, pink anycolour but white). So what is your policy on WHITE socks?

They should all be thrown on a big pile and be burned...I don't understand why people wear white socks in the first place...you always hear everybody complaining about it. Especially when worn with sandals...yet there still are people who wear that...to me that is really the most disgusting fashion mistake a man (or woman sometimes) can make :sick:

snowy.jpg

Just, why :cry:

www.sandalandsoxer.co.uk

If you want a real laugh (or hurl :lol: ) check out this website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->