Spas

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
It seems that nowadays so many people are stressed, working long hours, and finding less and less time for "me-time". A lot of people (especially women) turn to spas to cure their aches and pains... at least temporarily.

I have never been a spa-goer. One - I don't have the money to lay down for treatments/sessions. Two - I just don't know if I can convince myself that facials or massages are truly beneficial to ME and are worth the time, effort, and money.

Have you gotten into the spa craze? How often do you go? Why?

if you've never had a facial massage, you have not lived. (make up artists gave them out for free in tokyo it was heaven :wub: )

I try to go for a full body massage every month and I cannot say enough how good an hour of being in a quiet, serence ambience, aromatherapy scents and the trained hands of a therapist working out the knots feels! If you can't afford the money or the time for a full spa treatment, go for a feet treatment of head and shoulder massage .... oooh!!! Pure bliss!

i've went to a spa in jamaica once, just to get a massage. i was bang on vodka and it was just fabulous. . . although it was so relaxing that i had to make myself not fall asleep.

Sweets said:
if you've never had a facial massage, you have not lived. (make up artists gave them out for free in tokyo it was heaven :wub: )

I've had a facial, anyway. :flower: It was quite delightful... but unfortunately, I just didn't think it was worth the cash. Perhaps once I get older I'll be more willing to spend money on this spa stuff (and will, at the same time, probably have more money), because the average age of a spa-goer is definitely older than me.

But there is no doubt, of course, that if these services were cheaper... I'd be all about treating myself. :blush: :flower:

I'm like you Erin. At this moment of time going to spa's is too time consuming and waste of money for me. I'm happy treating myself with a facial once a month.

I'm a spa junkie :blush:
I've had every spa treatment imaginable but I get massages, facials, and mani/pedis on a regular basis. I truly believe (and studies show) that spa treatments are good for the mind, body, and soul. :flower:

Can anyone recommend a good spa in Chicago? I'll be there this weekend visiting my boyfriend and I figured it might be a nice time for some pampering.

^ I've heard good things about Bliss Spa, a new one that just opened downtown... But there are seriously so many neighborhoods spas in the city anymore, it's hard to choose. I hope you enjoy your stay. :heart:

Erin said:
^ I've heard good things about Bliss Spa, a new one that just opened downtown... But there are seriously so many neighborhoods spas in the city anymore, it's hard to choose. I hope you enjoy your stay. :heart:

Thanks! I'll let you know if I find a good one.:D

Spa

Has anyone ever been to one? What was it like? Any reccomendations? Me and my mum are thinking about going to one, neither of us have ever been to one.

A day spa or an overnight place? I travel back and forth between Boston and central Virginia, so I've got a few day spas I frequent, two of which I found on www.spafinder.com, which is a pretty decent site. I find it's worth it to use a higher quality spa and pay more for what I'm having done, and tip well if you plan on returning (I usually leave 25-30%). I make sure to leave with the ethetician's card if I like the job she does; it's nice to develop a good rapport.

I'm considering some microdermabrasion but as of yet I can only comment upon treatments including spa facials, mani/pedicure, eyelash tinting, hair cut, dyeing, and styling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->