How do You Take Care of Yourself - Staying Young and Healthy

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : 15-20 minutes
Weaknesses ? Not really
Strengths ? I use very few products when cleansing, just a neutral soap to remove my make up and then a basic lotion, and I guess that's a strenght?
Any personal beauty secrets ? I swear Omega 3-6-9 did wonders for my skin after I moved and was affected by the pollution and nastiness in London.

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? Yes loads. But NEVER tap water (unless in Scandinavia).
Alcohol ? Yes.
Cigarettes? Used to be a 20 a day, but stopped about 2 1/2 years ago.
Vitamin Supplements? Omega 3-6-9
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? No ham, and not a lot of pork in general. :yuk:

Weaknesses ? Ice cream and all types of cheese.
Strengths ? I'm not really a huge fan of sweet things, and cakes, pastries etc (Except for the occasional sugar cravings). Also I tend to prefer the darkest bread and skinniest milk.

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? in periods.
If yes what and how often? Running and any team sport like football or bandy.

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? No
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? No
Have massages (if yes how often)? I wish
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? No but I just started wearing nailpolish again for the first time in years, so now I am very obsessed with them! ^_^
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc)? When my roots can no longer be excused

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : Yes
Pollution? I guess so, I live in London
Harsh winds ? Not really
Dry / Humid ? London, again. And as I straighten my hair everyday I hate humid weather. And rain. And snow.
Sun ? Not really.

TANNING
Yes / No ? Yes
if yes
Tanning beds (if yes how often)? 30 minutes every 6th month or something
Natural sun (if yes how much)? As much as possible when it's there
Do you use sunblock ?(No / Yes)
If yes
With what frequency ? When I am around sun, but as I grew up in north of Norway it's hasn't really..
What spf do you use ? If I am in Greece or something. Between 15 and 20.

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? I want to say yes, but not really.
Do you get enough sleep ? Too much most of the time, probably

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? Yes they do actually, especially on my mother's side.

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? I feel clean and somewhat healthy, yes.

Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? About my age I reckon, I'm 22.

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : 5 min face, 5 min body
Weaknesses ? I just don't like goopy creams and they seem to be so good for the skin.
Strengths ? I am always happy to indulge in a little extra something for my skin every now and then.
Any personal beauty secrets ? My skin always looks more vibrant if I give foundation/powder a rest for a couple days and just let my face breathe!

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? Sometimes, mostly tea. That's water! :wink:
Alcohol ? Red wine a couple times a week.
Cigarettes? Never!
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? Veg - socially responsible.
Weaknesses ? None - I eat pretty good. I eat rich food occassionally, which I think is good.
Strengths ? I love healthy food and I know I feel better when I eat better so I take the time to make nearly everything I eat from scratch.

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? Yes.
If yes what and how often? Circuit training for 30 min, 3 times a week. Pilates once a week.

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? When I was younger I got them monthly because I needed them, now only yearly.
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? Yearly.
Have massages (if yes how often)? Do the ones from boyfriend count?
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? No - I buff them and keep them well-maintained myself.
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc)? Every six weeks - highlights & lowlights, trim every 4 months.

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : Yes. When I lived in the city I spent MUCH more time lookin' purdy. Now I'm 45 minutes out and truthfully I let a lot slide.
Pollution? Nope.
Harsh winds ? Santa Ana's sometimes.
Dry / Humid ? Moderate.
Sun ? Yes - Sunscreen when I know I'm going to be out all day.

TANNING
Yes / No ? Nopers
if yes
Tanning beds (if yes how often)?
Natural sun (if yes how much)? Hmmm, varies based upon mood.
Do you use sunblock ?(No / Yes) See above.
If yes
With what frequency ? See above.
What spf do you use ? 30

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? At work - YES!!! Not at work...totally chill.
Do you get enough sleep ? Yes - 7-9 hrs.

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? Sure. I don't know - I'm a little paranoid about old bodies so I pretty much think everyone over the age of 40 looks bizarre.

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? I am optimistic and happy, nothing is better for your visage than the flush of happiness and activity.

Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? No clue! I am the youngest person at my company and everyone is already compelled to tell me I'm a youngun' so I don't know if they think I'm any older or younger than I am.

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis :45 mins-1 hour
Weaknesses ?
I can go to bed without removing my make up(but it happens very rarely, 2-3 times a year)
Strenghts ?
I try not to over-treat my skin+I never save money on skin care products
Any personal beauty secrets ?
When my skin feels very dry and tight (it happens in winter usually) I use Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream once a week as a night cream

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ?
I drink lots of water during the day
Alcohol ?
a glass of red wine or champagne 4-5 times a year on big holidays
Cigarettes?
I stopped smoking 3 months ago
Vitamin Supplements?
I take multivitamins regularly+in winter and in autum I take Imedeen
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ?
I don't eat red meat just because I don't like it.It's too heavy for me
Weaknesses ?
I love Flake chocolate and Baskin Robbins Almond Toffee ice-cream
Strenghts ?
I eat lots of vegetables&seafood+drink plenty of water

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? yes
If yes what and how often?
I do lots of Pilates, 2 hours a day,5-7 times a week+I dance 2-3 times a week and go to the gym once a week.But Pilates is the most important for me, I can skip dance lessons or the gym if I don't have time or when I'm tired, but I do Pilates even if I'm very sleepy or tired

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)?
once a month
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)?
yes, 2-3 times a month or when I have free time
Have massages (if yes how often)?
I usually have massage every time I go to Spa
Get your nails done (if yes how often)?
once a week
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc)
toned,cut-once a month, treatment-once a week

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : yes
Pollution?the environment around me is very polluted-I live in a big city
Harsh winds ?no
Dry / Humid ?dry
Sun ?not too much sun

TANNING
Yes / No ?I use autobronzants
if yes
Tanning beds (if yes how often)?no
Natural sun (if yes how much)?during summer, I always go to sea resorts
Do you use sunblock ?(No / Yes)yes
If yes
With what frequency ?
during summer-twice a day or more when I swim
What spf do you use ?
body-30,face-50

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ?
I try to reduce the level of stress
Do you get enough sleep ?
I try to

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ?yes

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ?
sure
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ?
I'm 20,but people think I'm 17 or 18 when I'm with out make up..

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : 10 minutes each morning & evening
Weaknesses ? only if I cry
Strenghts ? I keep my muscles toned
Any personal beauty secrets ? none that aren't obvious (water, diet, exercise and romance :woot: !)

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? plain, ordinary water all day, all evening
Alcohol ? vino with a good dinner
Cigarettes? :yuk: - same for all smoking
Vitamin Supplements? daily chewable
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? no okra (I don't like it!). I eat mostly vegies and fruits, and fish. Occasional meats.
Weaknesses ? nope
Strenghts ? chocolate!

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? absolutely!
If yes what and how often? walk, bicycle, tai chi, fencing (foil), swim, ride horses

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? once a week
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? daily
Have massages (if yes how often)? once a week
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? noooooooo
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc) cut once every three or four months

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : absolutely yes
Pollution? yes
Harsh winds ? sometimes
Dry / Humid ? both
Sun ? I avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.

TANNING
Yes / No ? :sick:
if yes
Tanning beds (if yes how often)? no
Natural sun (if yes how much)? no
Do you use sunblock ?(No / Yes) yes
If yes
With what frequency ? daily
What spf do you use ? 15 (I'm olive skinned with no genetic vulnerability to skin cancers

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? oh yes, but it is more exciting than stressful, really
Do you get enough sleep ? 7 to 8 hours a night. If I don't, I turn into a real monster.

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? very, assuming they are fortunate to have a long life...

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? young isn't really my objective. I want to feel that I care for myself well. I'm growing older every day (ok, I'm only 19 but still)... I think routines are part of a proper way to live life gracefully, and safely.
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? I'm still burning off some baby shape in my body and face, so no one thinks I am 19. Forget trying to get into a 21 only club - they just laugh at me. So do I! :lol:

Phew!

Last edited by a moderator:
SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : 10 minutes
Weaknesses ? I have very sensitive skin and i can never be bothered to stay in the bathroom to long especially when it's an awkward bathroom.
Strengths ? I always once a week at somepoint take time to focus on my face.
Any personal beauty secrets ? Cosuming too much or too little sugar can also show in your skin. Work out how much sugar you've been consuming and how your skin looks the next day. find a happy medium
I found with my skin i never consumed enough so when i started eating callipos my skin was looking much healthier.

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? Yes spring water over 8 glasses a day.
Alcohol ? Only wine
Cigarettes? No
Vitamin Supplements? No just yakult
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? Beef and Turkey. I try to avoid chicken It seems to make me sick when ever i eat it just lately.

Weaknesses ? Nachos
Strengths ? Wholesome Breads, Marmite and low carb rice.

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? No

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? Yes once a month
Have massages (if yes how often)? Yes an electric massager twice a week
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? yes once a week.
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc)? every two weeks

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : Yes
Pollution? Yes no trees so now i take my inhaler more often.
Harsh winds ? No
Dry / Humid ? Dry
Sun ? Yes

TANNING
Yes / No ? No
Natural sun (if yes how much)? No
Do you use sunblock ?No

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? It is getting to be very stressful
Do you get enough sleep ? Lately no, It's very hard.

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? Yes my mum
DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? No
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? no still guess me at around my exact age.

It was time to bump this on in the name of aging gracefully. :smile:

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : Tops 30 minutes
Weaknesses ? Tanned and burned horribly until I was close to 20, for which I'm now paying in the form of pre-rosacea and sallowness. I also love long, hot showers.
Strenghts ? I stay in good shape without much effort, and rarely - if ever - wear makeup.
Any personal beauty secrets ? Stick to a routine with as few products as possible, with as few ingredients as possible per product, too - this will minimize the risk of irritation. And, cough, erhm, having a good :heart:-life will make you look absolutely dashing, too. :blush:

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? As much as my body signals for. I never overdrink.
Alcohol ? Rarely. Love a good lager every once in a while though.
Cigarettes? A good cuban cigar three times a year, tops.
Vitamin Supplements? Vitamin D (couldn't function without it) and Omega-3
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? Vegetarian with benefits (salmon 3 times a week, one egg every morning, turkey every now and then and a humongous bloody red steak once a month - rawr! :ninja:).
Weaknesses ? Don't we all have them? I like food, I won't chastize myself over it.
Strenghts ? I metabolize like crazy. Once I've settled on a habit I'm 110% committed. Eat all veggies. Allergic to milk and I dislike margarine => naturally healthier diet.

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? Yes!
If yes what and how often? 30 mins + 30 mins bike commuting to Uni every day. Other than that, inlines, occasional walks, long bike runs (3 hrs+) and yoga + pilates when I feel up to it.

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? Rarely. Sensitive face, I know best how to handle it (cheeky but true).
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? Rarely (once every 2 years, tops)
Have massages (if yes how often)? Too seldom
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? Do them myself
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc:( Every three months.

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : Yes.
Pollution? No
Harsh winds ? Yes. Have to wear a baclava in the winters :(
Dry / Humid ? Very dry. Thinking about getting an air humidifier.
Sun ? Rarely.

TANNING
Yes / No ? No.
Do you use sunblock ? Yes.
With what frequency ? Daily
What spf do you use ? 50+ in the summer, 15-40 in the winters.

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? Med school :(
Do you get enough sleep ? Hell no.

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? Very (unless they tan), save for the fact that we all get grey hairs far too soon.

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? Not right now.
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? Up until I was 24 people kept guessing I was 15, now it seems I'm more in the 20-23 zone. All genetics, facial structure and behaviour; wrinkles are starting to give me off though. :smile:

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : 1 hour
Weaknesses ? pores and dry skin
Strenghts ? no pimples, i guess
Any personal beauty secrets ? i wish!

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? yes! love it :smile:
Alcohol ? speacial occasions
Cigarettes? no!
Vitamin Supplements? nopes
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? nopes
Weaknesses ? chocolate
Strenghts ? i love fruits!

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? yes
If yes what and how often? i go out for runs and go to the gym. i try to do it as often as i can.. but it's hard to get time for it

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? not very often
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? nopes
Have massages (if yes how often)? do massages by your boyfriend count? :P
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? i do them myself
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc) very often. i care about my hair alot!

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : sometimes
Pollution? yuck
Harsh winds ? no
Dry / Humid ? no
Sun ? yes

TANNING
Yes / No ? no
if yes
Natural sun (if yes how much)?
If yes
With what frequency ? and
What spf do you use ?

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? sometimes, sometiems not
Do you get enough sleep ? haha never

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? well i think they look younger than what they actually are. and all of them smoke and drink!

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? yes
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? nah.. well i don't think so

Last edited by a moderator:
SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : half an hour
Weaknesses ? long hot showers
Strenghts ? i use the bare minimum - gentle soap for face and body and then a rich body lotion and face moisturiser
Any personal beauty secrets ? put a really heavy moisturiser on beofre bed - your skin looks flawless by morning!

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? about 1 and a half litres of water plus several coffees and i love freshly squeezed orange juice :P
Alcohol ? about once or twice a month
Cigarettes? yes but will have to give up for the national smoking ban.....
Vitamin Supplements? no
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? I love beef and pork (including ham and bacon)
Weaknesses ? meat, coffee and cakes/ pastries, i have to have cake every day
Strenghts ? I only eat wholemeal breads and i eat fruit and vegetables at every meal and for snacks

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? never! but im going to have to start walking because i waste so much on public transport

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? no i've never noticed a difference in my skin
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? no
Have massages (if yes how often)? again no
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? I paint them myself and always keep my hands/feet in good condition
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc) Light brown highlights and a trim every 3 months or so
ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : I use richer moisturisers in cold weather
Pollution? i live in an urban area so yes
Harsh winds ? in winter
Dry / Humid ? very variable weather
Sun ? sometimes

TANNING
Yes / No ? yes
if yes
Tanning beds (if yes how often)? never
Natural sun (if yes how much)? about 4 weeks a year abroad and i sunbathe in england in summer. The rest of the year i use a self-tanner on my face.
Do you use sunblock ?(No / Yes) on holiday yes
If yes
With what frequency ? I apply as often as needed when i am sunbathing
What spf do you use ? a 15 on the face and 6 on the body

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? occasionally
Do you get enough sleep ? no

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? They both have very good skin despite drinking, smoking and never using sunscreen

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? i definitely notice the difference when i eat healthily and get enough sleep- my moods and enery levels are much better
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? i'm only 17 ( nearly 18) many people guess my age right or maybe say im 19 but some say im younger

SKINCARE ROUTINE
time you spend on your skin on a daily basis :10-15mins. Wash exfoliate moisturise.
Weaknesses ?
going to bed without washing face. This is mostly at weekends.
Strenghts ?
I never forget moisturiser or eye cream
Sudocrem for spots

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ?
I only really drink water or tea.
Alcohol ?
I can go without but I do drink quite a bit when I do. (Cocktails must count toward your fruit intake though right? :P)
Cigarettes?
No. Use to socially.
Vitamin Supplements?
I used to take cod liver oil and vit E.
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ?
I eat lots of chicken. I don't like much else. Except bacon and sausage.
Weaknesses ?
Sweets. And noodles.
Strenghts ?
I eat a lot of fruit and veg for dinner and I always eat breakfast.
EXERCISE
Yes/No ? yes
Gym at least 3 times a week.

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
I used to but I am skint because of a new job. I am thinking about starting again.
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)?
Never been to one.
Have massages (if yes how often)?
Never had one.
Get your nails done (if yes how often)?
I do my own. I can't wear polish or have them long for work.
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc)
Just trimmed once a month. And I do my own fringe when it is needed.

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : A bit.
Pollution?Not really
Harsh winds ?no
Dry / Humid ? If it is dry I get really bad dry itchy skin.
Sun ?not too much sun

TANNING
Yes / No ?Fake it. Just a little bit.
if yes
Tanning beds (if yes how often)In the past.
Natural sun (if yes how much)?I don't go on many holidays
Do you use sunblock ?(No / Yes)yes
If yes
With what frequency ?
during summer-twice a day or more when I swim
What spf do you use ?
30 and a little lower if I am at home.
DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ?
Not really
Do you get enough sleep ?
I try to

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ?I suppose. My mums side aren't too wrinkly

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ?
suppose
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ?
I'm only 19 so I don't really know because I am young anyway. I did get asked to move into the childrens area of a pub the other week. I will let you know if it all worked when I get to 50 ^_^

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : an hour or two
Weaknesses ? long hot baths
Strenghts ?mild cleanser,mild face scrub,but i like strong grainy body scrubs.
Any personal beauty secrets ? exfoliate...exfoliate....exfoliate

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? yes,1 and a half litres per day,but i'm trying to have 3 litres per day starting this week...
Alcohol ? nope
Cigarettes? nope.
Vitamin Supplements? garden of life living multi,organic flaxseed oil.
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? I eat all kinds of meats and veggies:blush:
Weaknesses ? sugared tamarind candies
Strenghts ? ?????

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? Yea but occassionally:(
If yes what and how often? Pilates.....not very often these days.....

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)?maybe once a year??i'd rather treat my facial skin at home
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? yes,maybe once a month
Have massages (if yes how often)? yes,quite often
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? yes,once a month
How often do you get your hair looked after;every 2 months for a trim,and weekly moisturizing treatment
ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : I use richer moisturisers in cold weather
Pollution? i live in an urban area so yes
Harsh winds ? nope,not really
Dry / Humid ? hot and humid,i live in south east Asia
Sun ?are you kidding me......its hot in here:rolleyes:

TANNING
Yes / No ? nope
if yes
Tanning beds (if yes how often)? never
Natural sun (if yes how much)?everytime i go outside there's the harsh sun
Do you use sunblock ?(No / Yes) yes oh yes
If yes
With what frequency ? everytime i go out
What spf do you use ? a 15 on the face and body.

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? occasionally
Do you get enough sleep ? not really sometimes

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? my mom ages gracefully,cant say the same for many of my aunties:(

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? they do,but sometimes if the stresses come i tend to not conduct the healthy living thing:( .
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? i'm 30 but most people would guess that i'm 25.

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : about 30 minutes
Weaknesses ? touching my face =(
Strenghts ? WATER/TEA and healthy exercise and diet
Any personal beauty secrets ? water, dermalogica microexfoliant...LOVE

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? I drink tons of water, on average about 2 liters of water a day
Alcohol ? nope
Cigarettes? no
Vitamin Supplements? vitamin C (just to keep immune system sharp though)
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? no red meat
Weaknesses ? I eat one bar of chocolate the week before my period
Strenghts ? I eat a lot of fruits and salads

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? Yes
If yes what and how often? Jazz 1x per week, tennis 3x per week, ballet 2x per week, daily weight training for tennis, speedwalk/run at least 2 miles daily

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? yes, once a year
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? yes, depends, about 3x a year
Have massages (if yes how often)? varies, 2x year
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? every 3 weeks
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc) twice a year

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : Yes, my skin tends to look better in very humid weather (like east coast during the summer humid)
Pollution? Yes
Harsh winds ? No
Dry / Humid ? dry
Sun ? Yes

TANNING
Yes / No ? No
if yes
Do you use sunblock ?(No / Yes) YES
If yes
What spf do you use ? Shiseido 55 SPF or Neutrogena Active...forget the name

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? Yes, school
Do you get enough sleep ? No, about 6 hours, I need at least 8

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? somewhat

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? The sleeping portion not so much, but everything else, yes!
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? Well, I'm a teen, so they just assume I'm a younger teenager.

:D
SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : 30 minutes
Weaknesses ? Break-outs
Strenghts ? nice clean skin?
Any personal beauty secrets ? Cleanse tone moisturise, Dermalogica multi-power recovery mask (something like that), vitamins.

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? I try to drink my 1.5 litres a day but very rarely do.
Alcohol ? No
Cigarettes? Hell No!
Vitamin Supplements? Sanatogen Gold Multivitamin and Boots calcium tablets.
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? ?
Weaknesses ?
Strenghts ?

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? Yes
If yes what and how often? I try to run for 35 minutes each day on my running bike and 30 minutes of pilates- from the videos on youtube

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have massages (if yes how often)? No
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? No
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc) Very rarely

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : I live in London, full of pollution and all sorts!
Pollution? Yes
Harsh winds ? Yes
Dry / Humid ? Sometimes
Sun ? Sometimes.

TANNING
Yes / No ? No, never
if yes
If yes
What spf do you use ?

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? Sometimes
Do you get enough sleep ? :( Not really

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ?
Hell no
Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? Sometimes
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? Depends

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : 30 minutes
Weaknesses ? Dryness
Strenghts ? Smooth Skin
Any personal beauty secrets ? Sunblock...but that isn't really a secret! :lol:

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? I drink it all day long and flavor it with Crystal Light or lemon when I get bored
Alcohol ? Wine about once per week (and sometimes a Light Beer ^_^)
Cigarettes? Nope
Vitamin Supplements? I take Hair, Skin, and Nail vitamins each and every day. I leave them on my desk at work, so I won't forget.
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? Vegetarian
Weaknesses ? Cookies
Strenghts ? I eat very clean food that is closest to its natural state (with the acception of the above answer, of course. :blush:)

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? Yes
If yes what and how often? 5 days per week

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have massages (if yes how often)? Yes, once per week for medical reason...so they are paid for by my insurance! :woot:
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? Pedi- once per month/ Going to start getting weekly manis because my nails have been looking so awesome lately!
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc) Trim every 6 weeks

ENVIRONMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : Yes, I live in North Carolina. Let's just say that when it gets humid...I get ugly.
Pollution? Some
Harsh winds ? Rarely
Dry / Humid ? Oh yeah
Sun ? Yes B)

TANNING
Yes / No ? Rarely
if yes
Tanning beds (if yes how often)? No
Natural sun (if yes how much)? Very little, as I am sensitive to too much sun and get heat rashes
Do you use sunblock ?(No / Yes) YES!
If yes
With what frequency ? Apply in the morning with my moisturizer and reapply if I know I will be in the sun that day
What spf do you use ? 45

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? Sometimes
Do you get enough sleep ? It varies between 5 and 7 hours a night

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ?
Yes, very much so on my mother's side. On my father's side...:o
Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? Sometimes
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? Depends

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : about 30 minutes
Weaknesses ? dry in the winter, uneven skin tone at times.
Strenghts ? smooth, clear skin.
Any personal beauty secrets ? i drink a lot of water, eat raw fruits and veggies and must have my 9 hours of sleep.

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? a lot. 3 -4 litres/day.
Alcohol ? i don't drink. i'd say 4-5 shots or 3-4 beers within a year.
Cigarettes? quit...ting.
Vitamin Supplements? nope.
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? omnivore.
Weaknesses ? often skip meals- breakfast, mostly.
Strenghts ? eat healthy.

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? if by exercise you mean walking up and down stairs. sure. otherwise. no.

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? yes. 1-2 a month
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? yes. every 3-4 months.
Have massages (if yes how often)? no.
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? no.
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc) every 2-3 months.

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : yes. change moisturizers for winter/summer seasons.
Pollution? no
Harsh winds ? no
Dry / Humid ? no
Sun ? yes. lots of sunscreen- burn and tan really really easily.

TANNING
Yes / No ? yes. only at the beach.
if yes
Tanning beds (if yes how often)? no
Natural sun (if yes how much)? 2-3 hours at the beach during summer for probably a span of 2 weeks worth- not everyday tho, spread out.
Do you use sunblock ?(No / Yes) yes.
If yes
With what frequency ? what's frequency? i put sunscreen on every 2 hours or so if i'm out in the sun for a long period of time.
What spf do you use ? 50 for body, 25 for face

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? not really, but it can be at times.
Do you get enough sleep ? for the most part, yes.

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? yes.

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? never really noticed.
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? younger.

i think it's so funny that so many teens and B-teens (20-24 yrs max) take this survey, writing about how they're "aging". that's cutesy cute :-flower:

and it's sad, too.
i think the dreaded "old age" is a state of mind rather than a matter of years.

as for my regime to stay young and healthy: i compliment myself everyday, i thank the universe very often for all that i have, and i take good care of myself in general.

best beauty tip i ever received was this: if you wouldn't eat it, don't put it on your skin. since i live by that i have a flawless complexion (which i never had in all my life).

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis:
Five minutes at the maximum.
Weaknesses? I touch my skin often. It's a habit I've yet to break.
Strengths? I always, always slather on sunscreen.
Any personal beauty secrets? No.

EATING ETC HABITS
Water?
I drink at least one bottle a day.
Alcohol? I don't drink alcohol.
Cigarettes? No.
Vitamin Supplements? I should be taking two vegetarian vitamins per day, but I haven't for months.
Carnivore/ Vegetarian / Vegan? Vegetarian hoping to become a vegan in the near future.
Weaknesses? The cliché response: Chocolate.
Strengths? I have a taste for vegetables and fruit.

EXERCISE
Yes/No?
Yes.
If yes what and how often? A six or four walk (depending on the day). I do it as often as possible, which could be seven times a week or two.

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you:
No.
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? No.
Have massages (if yes how often)? No.
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? No.
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc) Rarely. I like leaving my hair in its natural state.

ENVIRONMENT
Does your environment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No:
No, not really. It's muggy and rainy here 75% of the time, so I usually don't make myself up much.
Pollution? No, not that I know of.
Harsh winds? I don't do my hair much, since the wind would mess it up anyway.
Dry / Humid? Sometimes.
Sun? What sun? Ha! No, I'm kidding. During the summer, yes.

TANNING
Yes / No?
No.

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful?
Yes, very.
Do you get enough sleep? No.

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not?
Yes. They get wrinkles like anyone else, but they look amazing for their age.

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy?
Well, I'm only 14; there's not much that doesn't make me feel young.
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age? Older, only because I'm eons more mature than most people my age.

Staying young and healthy looking - What do you do? - a survey.

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : including shower, 40 min.
Weaknesses ?
I don't usualyl go for facials. I pick spots and blackheads :sick:
Strenghts ?
ALWAYS use strong suncreen, good moisterizers, nightcream, eye cream, cleansing etc.
Sunscreen at least 40 spf.

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? lots, plus green tea
Alcohol ? sometimes, in moderations, I never binge
Cigarettes? guilty
Vitamin Supplements? I take two vitamins every day, plus calcium and fish oil.
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? I eat meat every day, never did me any harm.
Weaknesses ? I eat a lot of fatty stuff and stuff with artificial sweetner.
Strenghts ? I don't overeat, I don't think about food much, which is a good thing.

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? yes
If yes what and how often? Walking a lot every day, plus swimming, tennis and cardio 4 to 5 times a week.

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? no, just in exteme cases (birthdays, weddings etc)
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? Every months or so for massages and skin firming.
Have massages (if yes how often)? every month
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? sometimes, when I feel down :lol:
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc) every 4 weeks, depending on the state

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : YES. In winter my skin is flaky, I get split ends etc.
Pollution? Having noticed
Harsh winds ? Yes, makes my skin dry.
Dry / Humid ? Not a lot of humidity where I live
Sun ? I use strong sun screen all over my body.

TANNING
Yes / No ? NEVER
if yes
If yes
What spf do you use ?

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? Not particualry
Do you get enough sleep ? Yes, I sleep very well.

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? Mostly, Im lucky.

Finally...

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? Yes, except my oily skin, but I don't mind.
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? Much younger, I actually get comments about it.

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : 40 min - 1 hr
Weaknesses ? I break out often on my chin, which I hate. I also love long, HOT showers - which I'm sure dry out my skin. (I do moisturize daily, though!)
Strenghts ? I cherish my pale complexion and stay out of the sun.
Any personal beauty secrets ? I used to disregard sleep's true importance... a 4hr night was common for me. Now, I stick to a strict sleeping schedule because the extra hours have done wonders for my mood, my skin, and my general well-being.

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? I drink it when exercising and before bed at night. I should probably drink more glasses than I am presently.
Alcohol ? Rarely, if ever.
Cigarettes? Nope.
Vitamin Supplements? I used to take vitamin tablets every morning (an insistence of my mother's) but I've been sluggish with that lately.
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? Carnivor - I can't resist the occasional filet mignon!
Weaknesses ? Salty snacks like potato chips and pretzels. I'm REALLY trying to curb this temptation.
Strenghts ? This past year I was a freshman in college, and I was no exception to the "Freshman 15". I ate disgustingly, and it showed. When I got home this summer, I didn't diet - I tried to make conscious decisions regarding my eating like fresh veggies, fruits, and lean meats. I feel SO much better, and I'm truly proud of myself that I've turned my habits around so drastically.

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? Yes.
If yes what and how often? 4 times a week, 30 min on the treadmill. (20 min running, 10 min walking.) I'm going to try to jump this to a frequency of 6 times a week, and add on significant stretching and crunches.

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? I schedule one in advance every 6 weeks.
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? I go to a spa every time I get my nails done, which is roughly every 2 weeks.
Have massages (if yes how often)? I've never had a full body massage : (
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? I get them professionally done every 2 weeks (always a french manicure).
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc:( Every 6-8 weeks.

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : Nope.
Pollution? Nope.
Harsh winds ? Not really.
Dry / Humid ? Not really.
Sun ? We have beautiful summers here in CT, so it's just the right amount of sun.

TANNING
Yes / No ? No.
With what frequency ? Daily
What spf do you use ? 30.

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? Not right now - it's summer vacation! But during the school months, it's more hectic.
Do you get enough sleep ? Right now I am... but during school I don't. I'll try to change that come September.

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? Yes, which I'm relieved about. Although we do get gray hairs sooner in life than most.

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? Yes, but I'd like to have an even more involved routine b/c I think I can feel even better.
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? They usually guess me to be about 2 to 3 years younger than my actual age.

SKINCARE ROUTINE
Time you spend on your skin on a daily basis : 20mins
Weaknesses ? Being lazy and not taking enough time to cleanse
Strenghts ? When I do it, I do it properly. Plus my genetics allow me to have the strength of pretty great skin.
Any personal beauty secrets ? Staying calm, happy, and busy as much as possible. When I am stressed I immediately see the results in my skin.

EATING ETC HABITS
Water ? I drink a lot of water. Esp, when working.
Alcohol ? About 2-3 times per week.
Cigarettes? When drinking.
Vitamin Supplements? Multivitamin, Zinc, and Vitamin D
Carnivor / Vegetarian / Vegan ? Carnivor
Weaknesses ? Chocolate
Strenghts ? I am adapting a great eating plan. I am filling my diet up with fresh fruit and veggies, lean meats, and a lot of water. It is really showing and Im finally feeling the cravings happen much less often. Overall its quite the feat to get over a bad eating routine but when you do you feel so great on the inside and out.

EXERCISE
Yes/No ? Yes.
If yes what and how often? 4 times per week. It varies biking, running, walking, etc paired with strength training at home...I need to step it up though.

PAMPERING/MAINTANENCE
Do you :
Have facials (if yes how often)? When I can afford the time/$ every 5-6 weeks.
Go to Spa's (if yes how often)? Only special occasions
Have massages (if yes how often)? Very rarely.
Get your nails done (if yes how often)? Sometimes every 2 weeks, sometimes every 2 months. Depends on time and money.
How often do you get your hair looked after (trims, toned, coloured, highlights, cuts etc:( Every 5-7 weeks.

ENVIROMENT
Does your enviroment / climate factor in when you take care of your looks and health? Yes/No : It motivates me more if it is warm, but for work I have to take care of myself no matter where I am or what the weather is like.
Pollution? Sadly.
Harsh winds ? Depends.
Dry / Humid ? Yes.
Sun ? Quite a lot in California and a lot in Australia.

TANNING
Yes / No ? Yes.
With what frequency ? When exposed.
What spf do you use ? 30

DAY TO DAY
Is your life stressful ? Depends, my job can be immensly stressful.
Do you get enough sleep ? I cant handle it if I dont look after my sleep. When working sometimes I cant, but when Im off 8 hours a night hands down.

GENETICS
Do members of your family age gracefully or not ? If they look after themselves, then yes.

DID IT PAY OFF
Does your routines make you feel young and healthy ? I am young so yes. But I definately feel the results of a great diet and exercise.
Do people guess you to be younger or older than your actual age ? Usually older because of personality, but without makeup my appearance is younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->