St Ives Apricot Scrub, Good or Evil

i use it as a substitute a couple of times a week if i ran out of my dr. brandt microdermabrasion. obvi doesnt work as well as dr. brandt but it still does leave my skin feeling clean and scrubbed. :P

I like the Apricot one a lot.
Does anyone know where I can purchase it in Germany or in the Netherlands?

I use st. ives 2x a day; when i started using it when I was about 15-16 it cleared up skin dramatically...but now (I am 22) I have noticed the past few months I have been breaking out alot on my cheeks and I have a whole bunch of black heads...even my b/f has been asking me whats going on with my skin....i think i need 2 tone down on the scrub but I have been using it so long I dont know what product I should try.

It's absolutely evil if you have a bad skin. I stupidly used it when my skin wasn't clear and it really aggravated the whole texture of my skin :doh: But then again, I didn't know that frequent exfoliating was bad. I suggest to use it on the body instead.

I use it but only once a week or once every 2 weeks...I do use it on my thighs often though.

guys, don't use it. Or use it maybe on the soles of your feet. It's cheap and harsh and I think it shaves off like 50% of your skin layer :[

They make so many different varieties of it now- gentle for everyday, acne fighting, original... Are they all bad? I use the gentle one in the morning, and it doesn't seem to be harming me.

I use the Apricot Radiance Cleanser and I just bought the Apricot Cleanser today. It quickly clears up my skin, gives it a healthy glow and it is very gentle with my skin. I tried the Apricot Scrub once, but it really aggravated my skin and made it red. :doh:

EVIL/.,
god.. i used it on my face once and it totally made it red and dry

According to the makeupalley.com, it has been given high points by many people and I have been using it for years and I haven't had any major problems with St. Ives.

i have heard vile things about this product.

i remember using it but never having a problem with it, but this was a long time ago.

ive had people tell me that the particles are too big to be used for your skin, but im tempted to buy it again and use it.

now im using the MAC micro refinisher and it works wonderfully.

good!
i love this stuff, i need to get more of it. i don't have bad skin at all, but this made my skin a lot smoother. i definitely recommend it.

I used this on my skin for a long time, and while it didn't really improve it very much it didn't damage my skin at all. I suppose I don't have sensitive skin.

my brother uses it for back acne...gross, but as an athlete he sweats a lot and it just happens. I wouldn't use it on the face though, wayyy harsh even if your skin is just slightly sensitive.

Yeah I agree that it's too harsh for the skin on your face, that's why I stopped using it

i read in numerous articles that the granules are too darn big to be good for your face. i havent used this stuff in years. its just too harsh.

ugh, I used it last night and it tore my face up. I guess I didn't wait long enough from the last time I did it. I am almost out and I think I am going to buy the gentle one. I do remember that one being really gentle and not scratchy when I used it once a few years ago.

I tried St. Ives Apricot Scrub once but I was warned to be very, very gentle in pressing my fingers against my face to scrub. Even so, it irritated my cheeks and forehead in particular, and I don't have particulary sensitive skin. I haven't used the product since then. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
i read in numerous articles that the granules are too darn big to be good for your face. i havent used this stuff in years. its just too harsh.
Oh yeah, and it hurts...in my case anyway :doh:

Stay away from it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.... I don't have any problems with it at all. I use the gentle scrub once a week on my face and I feel it cleans up my face pretty well. The thing about scrubs is not to overdo it I guess. My skin is rather sensitive so I was worried having read teh negative comments but so far, it's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->