Style My Hair #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
men normally post here too, asking questions about hair! so do it here :smile:

Okay well firstly I need a good styling product which adds loads of texture, without weighing my hair down or making it clump together and look greasy. The only thing that gives this effect is when I use some home-made salt spray, but it makes my hair look dry and lack lustre. I've dried Vo5 'Matt Clay' and they just weigh it down too much. It goes flat within half an hour.. Though to be fair my hair is getting long, it is thick and heavy too. It'll be a lot easier to style when I get it cut but I want something that'll hold it for now.

Secondly, I want opinion on a haircut for me. I'm liking the short sides but heavy on top that's very popular now in street style and on male models. I'll get round to taking a clear shot of myself, I have quite strong features and a whopping nose :wink:

hey do u have a pic of your hair? or if u dont like showing pics of urself in public private message me one and ill think of some hair cut ideas? (just a thought) :smile:

hello everyone, i need some help!

my hair is now shoulder length, if i let it grow 2 more months it will be past my shoulders and won't make those stupid waves that i don't like... but i'm not sure if i want to let it grow or if i want to go short again... i like my hair long in winter...but everyone tells me i look better with short hair...
or maybe a change of my haircolour? i've never coloured my hair...don't know if i really want to. i used to want to have brown/reddishbrown hair...well i just don't know... HELP PLEASE :blush:

what it looks like now
hmmk.jpg

when it was shorter
hmm.jpg

^Me too. And if you are sick of your hair colour, you should consider choosing a hair glaze and/or toner. I looove L'Oreal's Casting Creme Gloss. These aren't permanent, but they will add some shine if you choose a colour close to your natural hair colour. Shade 8304 would look so nice on you! You get A LOT of shine from this stuff.

HCo1_33.jpg

loreal-paris.co.uk

thank you esperanza and cado!
i'm thinking about trying the L'Oreal's Casting Creme Gloss... sounds like a really good idea and if i don't like it it will wash out, right? thank you the_ida

^It will! After 6-8 weeks, depending on your hair and how often you wash it. I don't wash my hair very often, so it lasts a long time on me :lol:

blackcoffee, you are very pretty! Have you tried growing your hair past your shoulders? I think it'd look good on you :smile:

haha ok... 6-8 weeks sounds good.
thank you michyed!
yes i tried growing it past my shoulders, i had very long hair 2 years ago but then i cut it short. i just don't like the growing out-part...it takes soo long. but maybe i'll do it with a "new" toned haircolour :shifty:

^Ah, if you can't be bothered with long hair, don't worry. You look wonderful with short hair too!!

I'm so bored of my hair now and I'm thinking seriously about dying it, but as I've never dyed my hair before, I don't know what would look good on me.
My hair is black and I'm worried about ugly re-growth if I go too light. =(

Pics of my hair:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/7729/snap2hair.jpg
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4647/myhairi.jpg

Suggestions/advice please? ^_^
I think you could basically pull off any color with your skin tone, and the thing that's really nice about having black hair is that it's easy to get your hair back to its origial color.

Okay.. So I'm really debating whether I should get my hair coloured 'two toned'.. I really need something new to happen.. And since I don't have much money ATM, being at poor student and all, saving up for christmas, skiing trips etc. etc. I really need the cut or colouring that I'm going for to be low maintenance money wise.. Though I really am open to suggestions on everything..

I've attached two pics. One I just took, where I have straightened my hair and one where you can see my natural curls (well it was the best pic I could find, hair wise)..
:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
And because my computer messed up.. Here is the pics. :P

- For some reason, I can't seem to rotate the first pic, :doh::innocent:

shocked...i didnt know there is a thread for hairstyling already
- _ -' *feels so dumb*

So guys, what about my hair?
My avatar is my pic like from months back but now i have mid size hair on top and short on the sides. What do you think looks nice?

^ Darker than now, the current, or light ash brown. Not much help there, sorry. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->