Nicole Kidman criticizes Angelina Jolie

^ Not if it stinks of self promotion. I didnt know Nicole was a Goodwill Ambassador before but I do now and not because of her charity work. Lets not forget Nicole was once the most famous woman in the world when she was married to a sane Tom Cruise. She still is one of the most famous women in the world. And if she cant alert people to plight in other countries, then Angelina is certainly doing a good job.

For Nicole, of course it's about self promotion. I remember her clearly when she was with Tom Cruise. She became famous purely for being his wife. Sure she's proven her worth now, but back then, no-one cared about her being anything but Mrs Cruise.

That's why Nicole's criticisms of the press now and where they choose to focus their attention is so deliciously ironic.

Last edited by a moderator:
and eternity goddess - I'm all for celebs making comments, but half the time you've got to wonder why they do and more importantly who does it.

It's like when Madonna slags off MTV and bans her kids from watching it...because she feels it's too filthy and some of the videos are almost p*rn*gr*ph*c yes fair point - but for Madonna-she-who-tongues-Britney-and-brings-out-a-sex-book. HYPOCRITE.

Or Justin Timberlake twittering on about how American Idol and such shows are wrong and undermine the music industry - again fair point - yet back in the day he's the one who was on the mickey mouse club, a beauty pageant show and various other ones trying to get his break in showbiz. Again. HYPOCRITE.

I swear some of these celebrities suffer from amnesia. Like they've always been so publicity shy... please give me a break.

So much agreement with your posts, roppal 222.

I feel that Nicole was indeed Kat(i)eBot 1.0. Justin is insufferable. Madonna is a big fat phony. And for all the good she does, Angelina just wants to be worshipped.

Yay for all the celebrities that do charity work. I don't care if they talk about what they do personally either - if someone somewhere can't donate time or money unless Angelina, Nicole, or Clay Aiken tells them too...well, that's really sad, but the end result is worth it. But when they start picking on each other for what everyone else is doing? It makes me want to boycott the whole lot of them and choose charities they've never heard of.

Actually, come to think of it, George Clooney is the only celebrity that can get all self-righteous and condescendingly tell us how to think and what to donate to, as though it would never occur to us without him, without making me all pissy. Must be the voice, I just melt :wink:

misssakura said:
I think that there is an unecessary double-standard applied to celebrities, that because they are wealthy and known they must be evil or malintentioned. I just happen to find that incredibly unfair and therefore I don't like to judge people based upon their social status or financial status. If they try and do something right, then that's all I could ask. I wish everybody would get out of their chairs and try and make at least a little difference to the world. The world sure as heck needs it regardless of who it comes from.

Couldn't agree more. ^_^

misssakura said:
I think that there is an unecessary double-standard applied to celebrities, that because they are wealthy and known they must be evil or malintentioned. I just happen to find that incredibly unfair and therefore I don't like to judge people based upon their social status or financial status. If they try and do something right, then that's all I could ask. I wish everybody would get out of their chairs and try and make at least a little difference to the world. The world sure as heck needs it regardless of who it comes from.

My intentions weren't to say because celebrities are wealthy and known they must be evil of malintentioned. However, like you I am intitled to my opinions as well. And as for the comment where you said you wish to see everybody get out from their chairs and try and make at least a little difference to the world....well, it may not be huge, but since the death of my adoptive mother from breast cancer I have been involved and doing my part to get young women to be aware about breast cancer. I've been involved volunteering with a non profit organization Breast Cancer Action and Komen Breast Cancer Foundation for almost 8 years. And each sunday mornings my friends and I make PB&J sandwiches, put a bottle of water and self help information for homeless teens in each of those lunches we make, and go into the cities to give out to those teens, hoping to make a little difference. Those are things I do because I believe in them. Just like you, I do wish more and more people would get out from their chairs and do something! Little help is a big help.....

:flower: That's awesome that you go out and help the homeless. My friend Jeremy does that, i'm just trying to figure out if there's any way I could ever get the supermarkets to stop throwing away all that good food and give them to people who need it! Never going to happen but aye that's corporate society for ya :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin_Chic
I totally agree with Nicole and actually think every voluntary doctor or humanitarian worker in Africa deserves more credit than Angelina!

So do I. I think that Angelina gets more recognition for it and the media loses the purpose of helping people but giving Angelina the attention.

I thought it was horrible when Brad and Angelina were to "pick" the people they were going to help. That's horrible. They all need our help and they're treating it as if they're better than everyone and they're all like "OH MY GOD. NEW ORLEANS IS SO LUCKY."

They're only using this for publicity, it's pathetic.

I agree with Nicole Kidman but the only reason why there's such media attention when Angelina does charity work is because of the fact that she's the 'it' super star. The media follows here every footstep.

Because of "the thing" with Brad Pitt, the media follows her every footstep. Her charity work didn't have that much exposure before that.

It's disgusting. Even if they apologised it has tarnished Nicole's image...some people will never hear of this apology and just assume that Nicole did say those things. I hate the media D:

actually i just totally agree with what nicole said about angelina.i always have some negative ideas on angelina.dunno why.lol.

I dont like this fashion of actresses attacking each other, what Nicole has to say about Angelina? Nicole live your own life!!!

that is really bad. Even the above posters ^ haven't seen that Nicole didn't actually say anything.
this should be categorized as slander or something
the tabloids have gone waaaay over the border in the last 10 years

^^ exactly, that's what I said. Most people won't know that the paper made an apology, and most posters here don't even bother to read any other pages than the first one. So now Nicole will be associated with this nasty comment when in fact she never made it. And people, please read some more pages of the thread before jumping in!

Umm yeah Nicole like Angelina can help that people praise her charity work all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->