Talbots S/S 2011: Julianne Moore by Mert & Marcus

tentalicious

Reaction score
aaanfl.jpg

Julianne Moore is no stranger to sexy ad campaigns — but this time, she’s fully clothed in an outfit from Talbots’ Spring 2011 line. Talbots’ chief creative officer Michael Smaldone says she was picked for the spring campaign because she “exemplifies everything we want as the face of the brand. She’s a very active, beautiful, soulful woman.” The ads, shot in a greenhouse by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, reflect Moore’s relationship to the 60-year-old brand: “We have this lush, traditional setting, and Julianne is in the middle of it. She’s strong, confident, and very modern. And it’s very ethereal and sensual.” Moore’s classic but playful style, Smaldone says, is also a great fit for what he calls Talbots’ “tradition transformed” platform. “We want to hold on to the classic pieces, but make them relevant to a woman today,” he says. “We’re not trendy, but our clothes are current and modern.” And Moore seems to agree, walking out of the shoot with one of the outfits from the campaign. Dishes Smaldone, “She said, ‘If this is the new Talbots, count me in!’”
[peoplestylewatch.com]

As I said in Julianne's thread, each of these shots has such a lovely charm in it. The first one is simple yet strong while the second one is so beautifully poetic, and they're just gorgeous as a whole.

:heart:

^julianne doing her best startled keira knightley expression:lol:

i do love the mood of the campaign though.

Talbots has impressed the last two seasons. Im with Moore on this one...count me in. Better brand transition than St Johns with Jolie.

^ Talbots has impressed me more, too. They know they need to compete more than ever now, with J. Crew and Ann Taylor having picked up speed already.

i saw another image in the march issue of glamour of her wearing a pink top with rosettes on it.

i dont like this particular dress. looks too schoolmarmish.

this is a vast improvement over linda evangelista last season.

huffingtonpost.com

Attachments

• JULIANNE-MOORE.jpg
    JULIANNE-MOORE.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 17
I love contraposition of minimalism and dreaminess in this campaign, looks great :heart:

HQs

diary.ru/~my-love-foto/p149201030.htm via Mirik

As a "model" Julianne has lifeless eyes / facial expressions, but she looks good in clothes and she knows how to work her body.

^I think that has more to do with M&M usual airbrushing.

I love the colours in the outdoor shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionhill
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->