Givenchy S/S 2015 by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott

Stale and boring. Don't care about her, but this is same old, same old. UGH.

That's totally unexpected... But I don't think Julia really fits for a Givenchy campaign.

What is this?? Ann Taylor or St John??

Whad'ya talk? Those campaigns with Angelina, Gisele, and Kelly (with her cabana boys) were on fleek.

So unanticipated and I enjoy it because of that. Wish we saw more of these choices in fashion editorials/campaigns.

not that i care about givenchy anymore, but i love the choice of julia just for the sake of surprise!

There will be a range of younger models in this campaign according to WWD.

There will be a range of younger models in this campaign according to WWD.

Thank God! Cannot wait to see the rest of the cast! :woot: So Julia just took Isabelle Huppert's spot in the last campaign, who was way more emotive imo.

Thank God! I mean i'm okay with Julia and I think she looks gorgeous but i'm just bored already by celebs fronting campaigns. Especially with boring white backgrounds.

Ohhhhh the sweet irony of being Kim Kardashian's best pal :lol::lol::lol:

lmao i know right?

Anyway, this is unexpected, but not bad. I mean, there's nothing groundbreaking here and she's not what i'd associate with givenchy, but she looks good. and i'll take julia over the kardashian-jenners any time, any day

im mostly surprised about the choice of clothes, though. with such a distinctive collection (albeit really not appropriate for julia, but i mean if madonna wore it, then anyone can) they put her in - a think - the menswear? at least the shirt is.

Last edited by a moderator:
absolutely stunning!
it's weird that Julia is almost a fresh face in fashion nowadays. She used to be so overexposed (mediawise, not specifically in fashion) during her most successful days.
the images aren't that special maybe, but they exude sophistication, a feeling that I rarely got from a brand that keeps inviting Kimye to sit front row for a while now.

I find Givenchy campaigns very tacky these days. They're just pure name dropping.
For fall 2014 they had Isabelle Huppert and she was alongside Kendall Jenner & Peter Brand. Now, we have another amazing actress and of course she will be pair with i don't know...Kendall & Kylie or i don't know, another socialite.

Julia is enough!
If he wants to do socialites and models, he can do like Tom Ford (FW2014) and go for it.
I'm tired of that Givenchy by M&M thing...

I'm exciting to see which models have been cast! I'm hoping for Joan Smalls and Mica Arganaraz!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Julia, and think she looks phenomenal here. The reality is though, that it's entirely gimmicky, she's not a Givenchy woman at all.

I'm not the biggest Julia Roberts fan but I think she's such a cool and unexpected choice that I was really excited to see the end result. Alas, it's quite disappointing. She looks really tense and angry. The last pic posted is a bit better.

Better quality

wwd

PARIS — Even without her famous smile, Julia Roberts is unmistakable in her surprising turn modeling for Givenchy.

Riccardo Tisci cast the actress to appear in a spring campaign that telegraphs the more classic side of the French fashion house. He dressed Roberts in signature Givenchy styles including a boxy jacket, lace shirt and a tuxedo dress.

“The mood of the show was about this very powerful woman, and Julia represents this very much,” Tisci told WWD. “She represents the couture part. It’s important to show your iconic work. I want to build what is the real classic wardrobe.”

The Italian designer, who next year will mark a decade at the creative helm of Givenchy, has been dressing Roberts on the red carpet for the past year and a half — in a lace couture gown for the 2014 Oscars and in a tuxedo jacket, white shirt and black skirt for the “Osage County” premiere, for example.

For the campaign, Tisci opted to showcase Roberts in more “boyish” guise, with minimal hair and makeup to exalt her striking features.

“I decided to make her more intellectual, more serious, more pure,” he said. “It’s a different, fresh, new way to see Julia — really cool and urban, I think.”

Givenchy regulars Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott photographed the campaign, with Katy England as stylist, Serge Normant on hair and Genevieve Herr doing makeup.

The Roberts photos are to be juxtaposed with other images from a location shoot involving a range of younger models, the diptychs showing the range of Tisci’s collections — from runway edge to the staple styles he revisits and refines each season.

“I like reality in campaigns. Today I think it’s very modern to be real,” Tisci said. “I don’t want to show only the clothes of the show, but also what you really sell…. I think it’s a very honest campaign.”

Casting one of Hollywood’s biggest movie stars in a Givenchy campaign represents a dream come true for Tisci, who grew up in thrall of all things American, including the “Pretty Woman” star.

“She’s incredible as a woman,” he said. “I love her so much: She’s funny, ironic, intelligent, cultured — everything.”

Tisci lauded Roberts as a versatile, accomplished and serious actress, who keeps a relatively low profile in spite of her popularity.

“She’s not really out there: red carpet, parties, Facebook and Instagram,” Tisci noted. “She really represents my woman. She’s got a really strong sense of fun and is very open.”

The campaign is slated to break in the March issues of international editions of Vogue, along with a range of edgier magazines — Purple, V, Interview, CR Fashion Book, System, Love, Flair, Common & Sense, Tvtor, I Look, Milk X — and fashion titles including Grazia, Elle, Madame Figaro, Marie Claire and GQ.

The spring campaign comes at a time of strong development for the house, with Tisci mentioning forthcoming store openings in Miami, Las Vegas and New York and a return to couture presentations “soon.”

I don´t like Julia´s pics one bit... that orange cone is the only interesting thing :lol:

Funny how everyone comments on her looks, yet I'm glad she isn't photoshopped to death, She actually looks her age which is a nice thing these days!!

I agree it's very gimmicky. At first glance it's exciting cause we've never seen her in a high fashion campaign, but at second thought it makes zero sense. Tisci's vision is quite blurry and not focused.

Well we all know Givenchy is a gimmick.

Is the "Paris" underneath Givenchy new? It's annoying.

Yes its a wonderful, unexpected choice, but she simply does not fit the brand! The ads look like outtakes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->