Taylor Tomasi Hill (December 2010 - February 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_lqjcdv72Yn1ql4balo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lqgoqp08C31r29328

tumblr_lphcv4fsjY1qd37a5

Taylor Tomasi Hill Tumblr

Can't wait to see what new outfit she'll come up with either. I'm never tired of her, she's simply perfect.

I know! I keep looking but all I find are new pics of old looks. : /

Oh well, it shan't be long now; new Taylor pics will be flowing during Fashion Month, woot! :P

that outfit with the tied equipment shirt and the proenza scuba skirt is one of my faves...:heart:

yeah--what's the deal with her and all that proenza...?
they must have had some big sample sale that i wasn't told about...:lol:

have to say- i always notice the proenza though...
and i like it...maybe even more than when she wears comme and junya...
it's more 'her' somehow...

i like that she tries to do the whole japanese designer thing...
but...well...
let's just say she's not caroline kennedy...

but maybe she should try some yohji once in awhile?
that would be interesting!!!

:P

I like the photography in that ed, ^ the way it's almost black and white, but with just the slightest bit of "flesh tone" (< quotes because I am cognizant that flesh comes in all sundry of gorgeous tones, but you get my point). The fetish slant is fun too.

re: Taylor & Japanese designers: she seems to love the cuts, the avant garde element, I suspect, and I get the sense with her that it's sincere appreciation, but she is definitely not a minimalist in any sense. :P Still, she'd probably look good in Yohji!

Taylor's wedding

Features a short article and lovely slideshow from her wedding.

I go back and forth on how much I like Taylor's style. She's very off-beat, which is original and a definite plus, but sometimes she can veer into rather "kitsch"like (not sure what word to use to describe exactly what I mean), which can get a bit much.

wow, how refreshing this last shot is. maybe she's over the hoopla of over the top dressing. hope so ... she was beginning to look like a caricature of herself; trying way to hard. chic is simple and maybe she finally gets it. btw, i'm talking about her personal style, not her work. styling for a photo is much different.

This is pretty, but I love her personal style all the time; I like that she keeps trying different things.

The most modern way to dress is out of the box. Editors turned street style stars Giovanna Battaglia and Taylor Tomasi Hill on their favorite fashion rules to break.

“I often get calls and emails from friends, family members and even strangers asking if they can wear navy with black and I sort of giggle to myself. Of course [you can]!” says Marie Claire Style and Accessories Director Taylor Tomasi-Hill who is a self-professed style chameleon. Most of you may not know her name, but the fashion lovers among you will surely recognize her face. Taylor’s bold, singular way of dressing has made her a regular on the pages of fashion magazines and street style blogs the world over.

“I wouldn’t say any of the traditional fashion etiquette ‘rules’ apply to my day to day dressing,” she adds. Giovanna Battaglia, fashion editor of W magazine, who is an equally popular street style star, agrees. “Rule is a word that goes against instinct. Fashion is a world where the rules change every season. What was black is now color and what was solid color is now print,” she explains. The two women talk us through their unique approach to getting dressed.

1. Break your evening wardrobe out for day

“I think wearing white lace in the morning looks lovely and that gold dresses and embroidery looks better worn in the day than at night. A silver skirt and a gold foil blouse for example, looks amazing,” Battaglia says.

2. Combine contrasting prints freely

“Some say mixing prints is a no-no, but for me and for fashionistas all over the globe this has been a huge trend as of late. As long as the prints work together and don’t compete you are on your way to breaking one of the rules but in a good way,” Tomasi-Hill says. Battaglia adds, “One of my favorite things to do is pair up a polka dot top and a floral print skirt. As long as you wear something in a bold way, it works.”

3. And do wear black with navy

“Black and brown together — some would say eeeek, I say chic,” Tomasi-Hill says before giving outfits that mix navy, black, brown and gray the thumbs up.

4. Repeat with wild abandon

“Sometimes I will wear the same skirt to work four days out of five, always in a different way. I become addicted to seeing how many ways I can wear it,” Tomasi-Hill says. “I’ve often thought I should do this for fashion month as it would certainly cut down on the packing process.”

5. And where it like you mean it

“During the week, I like to really dress up, especially for work. It puts me in a good frame of mind,” Battaglia says. Taylor also dresses to win: “My first job in fashion was at W magazine. My boss at the time told me to dress for the job you want in the future. I live by this rule.”

Giovanna Battaglia’s wardrobe staples

“My Chanel stripy long sleeved t-shirt is my favorite thing to wear on a long flight. And I love pretty much all of my Manolo Blahnik shoes because when they’re good, they’re timeless.”

Taylor Tomasi-Hill’s wardrobe staples

“A bright blue vintage dress that I’ve worn to the first day of every new job. It started out floor length and I later altered it to above the knee with pinking shears. And my snakeskin print Equipment shirt in green.”

Kenya's Style

Last edited by a moderator:
I would never have imagined to see Taylor in something as demure and sober as a black jumpsuit. Without statement-making accessories!

As always, she is predictably unpredictable.

Fashion Week Style Diaries: TaylorTomasi-Hill, Day One

a_250x375.jpg
Taylor Tomasi-Hill.Photo: Melissa Hom

Marie Claire's style and accessories director Taylor Tomasi-Hill is a street-style photography star. And it's not hard to see why. Her slightly ironic style — usually a brilliant mix of avant-garde pieces topped off with classic accessories — is the epitome of urban, downtown cool ... with a wink. We asked the editor to document her outfits every day for New York Fashion Week, before she gets snapped up by the swarming photographers.
On Taylor: Tao Comme des Garçons checker-block shirt, G-Star jeans, Pierre Hardy pumps, Fendi bag, Thakoon jacket, Rodarte for Opening Ceremony sunglasses, Project Paz by Sarah Beltran bracelet, and a vintage rhinestone bracelet.
About the look: "I wasn't really going for any specific look today, except for casual. It's my first day of New York Fashion Week because I had a photo shoot yesterday. I didn't want to get too aggressive, and I wanted to be able to walk around the city because I don't have a car today, so shoes I could run around in were key."

nymag.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->