Anna Wintour (February 2012 - September 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
in Capri for the Dolce & Gabbana Alta Moda F/W 2014 show

with Roberto Bolle

instagram.com/robertobolle instagram.com/funghettapg

"Wish I Was Here" screening at AMC Lincoln Square Theater on July 14, 2014 in New York City.

zimbio.com

"Magic In The Moonlight" premiere at the Paris Theater on July 17, 2014 in New York City.

zimbio.com

CFDA/VOGUE FASHION FUND in Partnership with WESTFIELD WORLD TRADE CENTER Celebrate the Announcement of the 2014 Finalists

Jul 16 2014

bfanyc

Anna Wintour Tightens Her Grip on Condé Nast

When all of the veteran executives at Si Newhouse's megapublisher eventually end their runs, there's a safe bet to be made about who will still be standing. Anna Wintour, the already legendary Vogue editor and, as of last year, the company's creative director across all titles, is expanding her reach again: Thomas Wallace, the former Traveler editor and Condé's editorial director since 2005, is out, and Wintour, while not officially taking the title today, is very much in.

In what CEO Chuck Townsend referred to in a memo obtained by Capital New York as "strategic leadership changes we are making as part of a succession plan we started early this year," Wintour "will ensure that our content and culture remain at the forefront of our industry. [President Bob Sauerberg] and I will rely on her for her insights and guidance as we build the team that will lead us into the future."

Chief operating and financial officer John Bellando, a 15-year Condé veteran, is also leaving. Ex–Time Inc. exec David Geithner will replace him as CFO, while Sauberg's role will also expand.

But all eyes are rightfully on Anna, who as creative director, a role she described as "almost like being a one-person consulting firm," has already helped to revamp titles like Lucky, Glamour, Traveler, and Self. "Some at the company, however, believed Ms. Wintour had been intruding on Mr. Wallace's turf," reports Ad Age.

All of which supports the idea that Wintour is absorbing responsibilities that used to fall to the chairman himself, now 86, stepping back from daily duty. "Si Newhouse leaves a void, inevitably," said Townsend upon promoting Wintour last year. "Anna, without even having to think twice about it, is the most qualified person to pick up that torch and carry it into the future."

"I would go to great distances to avoid losing Anna," he added, "particularly in the prime of her career." A steady increase in power seems to be doing the trick.

source: NYMAG.COM

^Watch her become the president of CN at some point...

Could she be voluntarily stepping down at Vogue in the near future? We all know a fresh direction is sorely needed at the title...

^ I think it could happen, especially with these more powerful roles she has been given now. It means she would still not only have control over Vogue, but all of their titles. Why fuss with boring editing every issue each month, when you can have more variety looking over all of them, ha! I say in few years, it wont shock me if she gives over the reigns.

Georgina Chapman and Anna Wintour attend the ASP - The World Surf League cocktail party at The Jimmy at the James Hotel on July 24, 2014 in New York City.

zimbio.com

2:15 It's quite obvious, make an appointment. Thank you!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if it's a dres or a suit but it's simply stunning. The color is indeed very beautiful.

Thank you Gisele and Bee for nominating her , this is major :woot: :woot:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->