Teen Vogue Fashion University

I took a video of the Erin Featherston show. I will post it ASAP. I didn't take that many pictures but I will post the ones that I got. If you do a google search you can see some pictures that other people put up! (It wasn't that exclusive... but hey, whatever)

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, please post pics, sj08 and show us your video:flower:

Here are my pictures (sorry for the bad quality:(

DSC02456.JPG

Kevin O'Brien (Photographer)

DSC02458.JPG

The Editors (Amy Astley, Eva Chen, Kimball Hastings)

DSC02460.JPG

The Editors (Gloria Baume, Danielle Nussbaum, Amy, Eva, Kimball)

DSC02463.JPG

Amy Astley

DSC02469.JPG

Lina Kutsovskaya (Creative Director)

I will upload the video soon....

i went to the first annual event in 2006.
it was a nice experience and i got alot of goodies :lol: a doney and bourke(sp?) nylong bag that im using for school and 3 bottles of perfume and other stuff. i also got a vcd on central saint martins which became useful when i wanted to apply for csm.
i got derek lam's signature on his lookbook and took a pic with him as well.
there was a gig of 'ok go' as a pre event event

i went to the first annual event in 2006.
it was a nice experience and i got alot of goodies :lol: a doney and bourke(sp?) nylong bag that im using for school and 3 bottles of perfume and other stuff. i also got a vcd on central saint martins which became useful when i wanted to apply for csm.
i got derek lam's signature on his lookbook and took a pic with him as well.
there was a gig of 'ok go' as a pre event event

at central saint martins, is it an annual thing? i want to attend so bad! how do you get info on that?

I took a video of the Erin Featherston show. I will post it ASAP. I didn't take that many pictures but I will post the ones that I got. If you do a google search you can see some pictures that other people put up! (It wasn't that exclusive... but hey, whatever)
hello! i ws at fashion u as well! whats your name? do you have a myspace?

just go on my myspace and check out some of the few pics i took! we got erin fetherston heart bags (only to the people that went to her seminar) and goodies and..it was awesome!

I was there and it was an utter ball..
i had a blast...
i didn't take as many pictures
as i thought i would..
i guess being in the same room
as a talented designers (Doo. Ri, Jill Stuart...)
shook me up...

Whoa, cool. I didn't even know this existed. Too bad I missed the age limit this year. LOL. Seems like a really good experience though :smile:

did you attend the fashion show? i look forward to seeing your pics!

I'm quite critical to educational institutions like these, especially those offering a very one dimensional degree heavily biased towards a specific company. Attending Oxford, Brown or another reputable university reading for a degree in English or journalism is a much better investment.

The only benefit I see enrolling in a programme like this is the access to industry contacts. But in the end the competition is stiff and I doubt that all of the 500 graduating students every year will get a job at Vogue. All the programme does is helping you get on the ladder of work experience.............while paying tuition for it. Not worth it in my opinion.

homeboy it's not actually a 'university' as such, but more like some activities and workshops related to fashion and the industry for teenagers held over a couple of days. The 'University' part of the name is really just a name, rather than promoting itself as an educational institution.

i dont think there is much personal one-on-one time with contacts. if so, its incidental and fleeting.

i think its mainly about the sponsors of the event (ie target, redken, the designers etc) getting their message out.

Drexel is in Philadelphia. I wonder why they have it listed in NY. I have friends that went to Drexel and PhilaU for fashion design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashiongloss
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->