Teen Vogue March 2008 : Blake Lively by Arthur Elgort

^ Blake's character Serena is nicer and friendlier than Leighton's character. Leighton/Blair often comes off as intimidating as she plays a ***** on the show. So it's natural that the American audience has warmed up to Blake more. Also she was quite famous prior to Gossp Girl and starred in the hit movie The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. Blake has that awkward, carefree appeal that the American audience loves.

The American audience isn't responsible for putting her on magazine covers. Editors are. For whatever reason the editors have made Blake the chosen one.

Blake is very beautiful but she always looks not that good on mag covers. I prefer her in motion :huh:

i totally agree

i find her quite beautiful in gossip girl . .
but am always disappointed when i see her in pictures

i continue to like her though :blush:
. . plus i think she has huge potential :heart:

no one has seen this yet? :cry:

I don't understand why Leighton Meester continues to be overlooked for magazine coves in favor of Blake who is less photogenic. I wonder if this bothers her? Leighton is the scene-stealer on Gossip Girls. She hasn't had a single cover.

I lurve Blair Waldorf to bits but really, Chuck is the scene stealer at Gossip Girl the real lean mean queen b*tch that could never be...

This all sounds like Katie Holmes and Michelle Williams back during the day... except that the camera loves Katie Holmes and Blake is a better actress than Katie. As for Leighton, I don't see an Oscar in 10 years but she sure is entertaining.

I love the cover!! The issue is actually worh buying as well.

^It is cute! Although I am really not looking forward to "Best Dressed Teens: Fashion's Rising Style Stars." 10 bucks that 80% of these teens are children of celebrities.

Not celebrities... just heirs, heriesses, media magnates, and other people who can afford to live in NYC and basically not do work. ^_^

i think its a nice spring fresh cover.. the content doesn't look too exciting though.

The American audience isn't responsible for putting her on magazine covers. Editors are. For whatever reason the editors have made Blake the chosen one.
Off-topic, but the magazines know that the target audience (teenagers, in this case) likes Blake and they want to sell.

i'm not hate her, she's a nice girl. but her smile so fake on the cover? :(

Ehhh, Blake photographs REALLY badly, IMO.
I really need some Leighton covers or I'm gonna lose it. =(

I have it right here. Will scan tonight if anyone is interested! ^_^

^ Can you please review the magazine for us? :flower:

Thank you so much in advance, Luxx. :winkiss:

:doh: My sister took my issue with her when she left. Sorry guys. I will try and pick up another copy tomorrow for scanning. I unfortunately don't have any edit info either - I hadn't even leafed through it.

:furious:

I think a Leighton/Blair Waldorf cover would have been much better.
Blair's style is everywhere these days, and I'm sure it would have sold quite well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyasiagrissom
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->