Teeth Whitening

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Mar 16th, 2004 - 12:07 am
I have dracula like canines...I could have them reduced but they're so good for scaring people I don't want to... :innocent:
i had mine shaven off :ninja:
.;; i meant straight :innocent:

Originally posted by leyla m.+Mar 15th, 2004 - 7:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leyla m. @ Mar 15th, 2004 - 7:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrinceOfCats@Mar 16th, 2004 - 12:07 am
I have dracula like canines...I could have them reduced but they're so good for scaring people I don't want to... :innocent:
i had mine shaven off :ninja:
.;; i meant straight :innocent: [/b][/quote]
Eeek! Just the thought! :cry:

i kept the bleaching trays in for only a few hours and noticed a super white spot on one of my front teeth...not good...the more i bleached, the whiter it became...when i asked the dentist about it, he said it happens pretty often...it's some sort of calcium thing...anyway...i stopped bleaching because the white spot was more noticable than my teeth being just normal...
he also said they don't know what causes it and there's nothing you can do...there is no way of knowing if you will or will not have this problem...it's been awhile now, and it's started to fade and blend back in now.. i'm afraid to try it again...for fear of ending up with a spotted smile...i can always tell now when people are bleaching their teeth because of the spots... :unsure:

I had my teeth bleached with the BriteSmile method recently.
Pricey, but it was a very good result! My teeth were kind of sensitive for a day, but now everything is exactly as it was but a lot whiter! :lol:

Here is a before and after pic.......the black thing is not part of my mouth, it's just a camera-flaw :wacko: :rolleyes:

:woot: great result, i use brite smile as well..

looks like you did the whole six days .. :unsure:
i could only stand the pain for two days :ninja:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 16th, 2004 - 2:02 pm

actually the BRITE SMILE I did, was a 60 minutes procedure... in their own clinic.
thats all you need to get those results.
i got pretty much the same as pinupgirl B)

And I did the same thing as Leyla :flower:

Actually it took 80 minutes because they gave me the 20 minute treatment 4 times. The girl who performed the whole procedure wasn't satisfied with the result after 3 times :wacko: I didn't mind, I just watched another episode of Absolutely Fabulous :flower:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 16th, 2004 - 8:02 am

Why does it hurt? :unsure:

it hurts sensitive teeth, it may be the bleaching chemicals ..not sure :unsure:
and anyway i do this at home as an overnight treatment, it may be something different :unsure:

old topic but thought I'd bump it up

Got some trays made up last week and have started doing at-home bleaching with a PolaNight kit (22% peroxide). First time I used it, was extremely akward and difficult.. felt uncomfortable with trays in my mouth and saliva was everywhere :lol: But luckily from the second use on it's been much better.

My dentist says I can either do 2hrs/day for 2 weeks or do a few overnighters for quicker results.

Got them in for the 3rd time right now, so far it's quite good.. can definately notice improvement in the color (should have probably taken some before pics right from beginning but i forgot, might take some tomrrow).. no real problems with sensitivity, did notice some today but it wasnt too bad.

As far as cost goes, got them dirt cheap so I'm not complaining :D

am thinking of getting BriteSmile or something similar done though.. and just maintaining with the trays.. but we'll see

thanks for bumping this topic prada... I used crest whitestrips for the first time a couple of weeks ago and couldn't carry through the whole two weeks. after a week my teeth looked nice but the pain was so bad I was downing ibuprofen for two days before it subsided. :cry: good to know I am not just the odd person out a million experiencing so much sensitivity from these whitening agents...but normal or not, it doesn't seem worth it! :doh:

Good Whitening Toothpastes?

Anyone know of any tried-and-true whitening toothpastes?:woot:

i don't know about toothpastes but i have tried Crest's Whitening Strips, and they are amazing. My teeth are SO white. I totally recommend it.

I would say the strips are a much better idea...whitening toothpastes don't work for me. One that isn't worth paying that extra money for Is Colgates whitening one..doesn't help

I used Crest Whitestrips Premium for 4 days. I stopped partially becuase my teeth didn't need to be whitened that much, but mostly becuase they left me so freakin' thermosensitive I couldn't drink cold or hot liquids for weeks. Whenever I look at whitestrips I get a tinge in my teeth from the memory of the peroxide. Oddly enough, I reccomend them.

it's nasty, but brushing my teeth with baking soda has always worked for me... tastes gross, but it's a cheap way to keep my pearly whites - white!

i've tried those whitening strips and brush on stuff... teeth did whiten, but then the "whites" faded as i ran out of strips...

Baking soda is by far the best, but Crest White Effects works well, and Crest Whitening Expressions flavored toothpaste is subtle, but helpful, when used as part of a tooth whitening regime.

Does the baking soda just KEEP the teeth white or does it whiten them?

I can't recommend any toothpastes, but coming from a smoker, I HIGHLY recommend Colgate Simply White Night Clear Whitening Gel. You put it before you go to bed, and when u wake up, you just brush them normally. You will see results within 7 days gaurantee! I'm hooked on that stuff!

scrappy beauty said:
it's nasty, but brushing my teeth with baking soda has always worked for me... tastes gross, but it's a cheap way to keep my pearly whites - white!

i've tried those whitening strips and brush on stuff... teeth did whiten, but then the "whites" faded as i ran out of strips...

So does that mean the whitening isn't permenant and you have to keep using the strips??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->