Teeth Whitening

*Happiness* said:
So does that mean the whitening isn't permenant and you have to keep using the strips??

IMO, if you're a smoker or drink coffee, red wine, coke.. or anything else that might stain your teeth, there is nothing that will keep your teeth permanently white...
i don't drink coffee or coke, but do have a glass of wine occassionally and noticed that after i stopped using the strips... my teeth didn't seem "as" white as when i was using the strips... does that make sense? it could be that everyone is different... lots of people in this thread are raving about the strips and brush on gel, i just know that it hasn't really worked for me..

i use pearl drops in the morning and colagate total whitening plus before bed

email diamant makes the best ... i use the red toothpaste, and le secret du blanc

img224.jpg
img3008.jpg

I've used the 7 day crest whitening strips as well as the crest whitening toothpaste(vivid white). They work well. I use a powered toothbrush though and that makes a difference. The reality is..strips and all are great but teeth don't stay movie star white unless you have those treatments done-as constantly and consistently as they can afford. This is because teeth just aren't naturally that white and they'll never stay that way for a long period of time. Treatments not done by proffesionals will not stay effective because all they do is take away from your teeth(the stain layer and eventually you will damage the enamel on your teeth) so when you stop doing the treatments, if anything your just giving your teeth more of a weakness for stains because the outer layer of your teeth is damaged and no longer repels stains in the same way.

Sorry to be negative, but I hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
scrappy beauty said:
IMO, if you're a smoker or drink coffee, red wine, coke.. or anything else that might stain your teeth, there is nothing that will keep your teeth permanently white...
i don't drink coffee or coke, but do have a glass of wine occassionally and noticed that after i stopped using the strips... my teeth didn't seem "as" white as when i was using the strips... does that make sense? it could be that everyone is different... lots of people in this thread are raving about the strips and brush on gel, i just know that it hasn't really worked for me..

Makes total sense. Thanks. :smile:

A lot of people have mentioned using the strips/gels more than once. This is really bad for your teeth.

About White Strips though, the whitening does fade if you don't brush like a maniac. However, if you brush like a maniac with whitening toothpaste, sometimes it even gets whiter.

scrappy beauty said:
it's nasty, but brushing my teeth with baking soda has always worked for me... tastes gross, but it's a cheap way to keep my pearly whites - white!

i've tried those whitening strips and brush on stuff... teeth did whiten, but then the "whites" faded as i ran out of strips...

When will you start notice that your theets gets whiter?

How long does the affect last for?

I getting braces soon and after I get braces I'm getting them professionally whitened

scrappy beauty said:
it's nasty, but brushing my teeth with baking soda has always worked for me... tastes gross, but it's a cheap way to keep my pearly whites - white!

i've tried those whitening strips and brush on stuff... teeth did whiten, but then the "whites" faded as i ran out of strips...

I agree--a toothepaste with baking soda or just using that to brush your teeth or after will help a ton.

I don't mind Crest White Strips, but if you genuinely have yellow teeth, they won't make a huge difference.:flower:

colgate total with whitening works for me, i have been using it for 2 years and my teeth are pretty pearly white.

pucci_mama said:
When will you start notice that your theets gets whiter?

How long does the affect last for?

I always notice a difference right after I brush w/ baking soda :D I've never kept track of how long it lasts, though...I'd say around a few weeks.

hmm.. I tried the baking soda thing and my gums started to bleed!:(

just a little but...still!

Eeek!

Is this normal??

If your gums bleed, thats not good.

I started using Crest Rejuvenating Effects. Its amazing!

How often do people brush their teeth with baking soda? I heard if you use it too much it erodes your tooth enamel :unsure:

I have tried the vivid white, that works really good. I have sensitive teeth so I dont do white strips or gels. They are all temporary unless you get your teeth professionally whitened. I think you should consult with your dentist first so that you dont mess up your teeth with all these different products.

has anyone tried go smile? they sell the kits at sephora and i heard it's great...

Whitening (teeth!)

Ok so for someone thats work will benefit if she has whiter more 'perfect' looking teeth I am thinking about whiteneing, as I know the 'strips' tend to do nothing I am deciding between

bleaching
or
the over night for a week where the dentist makes a mold of your mouth and you squirt a liquid in the molds and put them on your teeth. Apparently this is the best and it costs about 300$

anyone have knowledge on this?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->