Tell Anna Wintour How To Improve / Revamp US Vogue

(A) Its the same models, in the same poses, dressed in the same clothes, (B) photographed by the same photographers, (C) I can now easliy spot a fashion spread edited by Grace Coddington or Tonne Goodman

A. US Vogue is not the only Vogue magazine or magazine who uses repetitive girls. Vogue Paris anyone?

B. Every magazine uses the same photographer every month. Inez & Vinoodh, Mert & Marcus, Mario Sorrenti, Mario Testino, Steven Meisel et. al

C. They`re resident stylists of Vogue so as Geraldine Saglio, Anna Delo Russo, Edward Enninful, Marie Chaix

Right now I find US Vogue much fresher and diverse than VP and VI (which used to be bibles around here). Maybe my liking for US Vogue comes from the fact that I'm tired of nudity and controversy and I want straight-forward beauty and fashion for once but US Vogue is definitely not stale. It used to be a few years ago but since 2010 it became better.

I think that I would have agreed with this a couple of years ago, but US Vogue has taken such a turn for the better recently. More underused models, great editorial concepts, wonderful articles, and striking design. I find the magazine to be very cohesive every month and I always find it a joy to look through.

To be honest i think US Vogue fills a certain position in the market, it will never be experimental in the ways we want it to be, of course they sometimes do challenging editorials with Annie Leibovitz that are exciting, for instance, but magazines and fashion will never be the same as the 80's and 90's with how experimental it was and how fun it was, its a major business now and they want to please the average reader who's actually going out to buy what is in the magazine so ultimately they are there really to please the advertisers in the magazine and not us, its just how it goes, as the saying goes Money Talks.
Lately i have been enjoying their issues and OK a model on the cover wouldn't hurt but i can live with that and the articles could be abit more... fashion related.

In 2011 US Vogue had the most interesting mix of cover subjects in terms of the mix of musicians and actresses. It also had the most encompassing range of veteran and newcomer cover stars. Additionally US Vogue's editorials used the widest cast of models of varying ethnicities.

To answer the original question-- I think US vogue has risen to the challenge of diversifying its lineup and editorials more than any other Vogue magazine. So, no I don't think it's boring at all.

Vouge? :lol:

But now talking serious, this year, in my opinion, Vogue US has got mu better. I feel that it became more edgy. If there was models on the cover it coould be maybe my favourite Vogue.

Certainly cant agree with you about US Vogue showing its age, no its just how it is in relation to its market. In fact, it has been surprisingly diverse, and interesting the past few years. An i feel like they have been using some nice new addition of photographers, for the covers as well. (Mert&Marcus, Lindbergh)

And i always enjoy their articles (unlike the UK Vogue), actually if there is any magazine today, that deserves a thread saying how dated it is, its US Harper's Bazaar! It kills me to see what that once fantastic magazine has become, simply tragic!

And it's a cosmic law that anyone picking up on other people's spelling will make mistakes of their own while doing so, as if the act of laughing at someone else's errors causes your own fingers to stray across the keyboard. Always best to resist...

I agree with Miss Dalloway, while I might not buy US Vogue any longer - on the basis of always finding something better to do with a fiver - it's US Bazaar that truly needs a transfusion of life and vigour.

US Vogue is my favorite edition of Vogue by a mile.

American Vogue has picked up considerably in the last few years. The period between 2003 and 2009 was rather horrible, only containing a few Meisel/Elgort high lights.

For a while it almost seemed that one of the tenets of US Vogue was to never show emotion, because that was close to weakness and imperfection. Unfortunately, it also made for rather boring images.

But the last few years have been much more memorable.

A. US Vogue is not the only Vogue magazine or magazine who uses repetitive girls. Vogue Paris anyone?

B. Every magazine uses the same photographer every month. Inez & Vinoodh, Mert & Marcus, Mario Sorrenti, Mario Testino, Steven Meisel et. al

C. They`re resident stylists of Vogue so as Geraldine Saglio, Anna Delo Russo, Edward Enninful, Marie Chaix

Ok, I sense a little heat in your reply. The issues at US Vogue "feel" the same to me each month almost boring in a way

Certainly cant agree with you about US Vogue showing its age, no its just how it is in relation to its market. In fact, it has been surprisingly diverse, and interesting the past few years. An i feel like they have been using some nice new addition of photographers, for the covers as well. (Mert&Marcus, Lindbergh)

And i always enjoy their articles (unlike the UK Vogue), actually if there is any magazine today, that deserves a thread saying how dated it is, its US Harper's Bazaar! It kills me to see what that once fantastic magazine has become, simply tragic!

Poor, sad, Harpers Bazaar!!!! it will always be Vogue's frumpy stepsister!:lol:

Poor, sad, Harpers Bazaar!!!! it will always be Vogue's frumpy stepsister!:lol:

But remember in the 30s, 60s and 90s that wasn't so. HB has a remarkable history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue US editorials are probably my absolute favorite of any Vogue. I just detest the covers now days, (for the most part).

But remember in the 30s, 60s and 90s that wasn't so. HB has a remarkable history.

It still does, but for some reason Glenda Bailey and team can't get it right. each month is worst than the previous issue (to me). Too bad people didn't give Kate Betts enough time to establish her "vision" for the magazine. I think HB has suffered since the passing of Liz Tilberis. But HB can still pull it together! One magazine I am NOT so sure about is 'W" magazine, exactly what is it now, a dressed up US weekly or a Interview magazine heavy on fashion? and I remember W magazines glory days!

Instead of being a frumpy stepsister, for me, US Bazaar is more like the cousin who went to architectural college but always ends up working under people who fail to appreciate her, and who make her sweep the floor instead of using her to create works of art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->