Why is Vogue Australia so bad?

well it was going down hill. but i did buy it's show bag. i wish vogue AUS or hapers had a show bag

Oh, I'm looking forward to Grazia. I had no idea it was being launched here; thanks for the heads up!

Oh, I'm looking forward to Grazia. I had no idea it was being launched here; thanks for the heads up!
It will be launched this Spring (I think maybe August?) by ACP. Alison Veness-McGourty (current Harper's ed) will be editor, and I think Mark Vassallo (sp?) will be joining her.. I know, I haven't ever been this excited about a mag! I'm hoping it will still be as good as the original!

tigerrough explained Grazia perfectly - I would call it a fashion weekly, really. And great point about Russh - I like the direction they took and how they've maintained a fair degree of editorial integrity since their inception :smile: Even though it's not so much my style, I find myself compulsively buying it and getting excited when the new one's due!

And god knows what all the mags will do about sourcing stuff for their own mags now - so many of them pull stuff out of Grazia!

voguelover94; said:
but is it going to be like cosmo?? i dont like cosmo

No don't worry it's nothing like Cosmo.

Remember when FAMOUS first came out and it was quite good (now it sucks just like NW). Grazia is like that but better. Kind of like a weekly Elle mag.

It's like 60% fashion, 25% celebs, 10% "the top 10 stories of the week" and the other 5% is stories like "My cleaning lady carried my baby for me" or "I killed my dad because I felt like it". Cross fingers those kinds of stories won't be in the Aussie version.

That's sad about New Women. Some months it was alright. I wonder how long Madison will last. I don't get the point of that mag.

Finally flipped through the April Aussie Vogue today. Threw it straight back on the pile. Talk about boring.

Russh is a great example of a magazine which can produce original material on a budget.

Kirstie Clements I think needs to help Vogue Australia find it's own voice. I think she's slowly getting there - but honestly how long has it taken? She's been there for quite some time, she replaced Marion Hume I believe? Actually what did Kirstie Clements do before Vogue - I believe she was at Harper's at one point, right? I just don't feel Vogue Australia has an identity.

haha not really - they owe money everywhere! but i agree it is (kind of) a grass roots publication that has high end designer fashion and yet has a fresh and still appealling to the masses.

Russh is pure genius. Vogue Australia has kind of lost its way.

Remember when FAMOUS first came out and it was quite good (now it sucks just like NW). Grazia is like that but better. Kind of like a weekly Elle mag.

It's like 60% fashion, 25% celebs, 10% "the top 10 stories of the week" and the other 5% is stories like "My cleaning lady carried my baby for me" or "I killed my dad because I felt like it". Cross fingers those kinds of stories won't be in the Aussie version.

That's sad about New Women. Some months it was alright. I wonder how long Madison will last. I don't get the point of that mag.

Finally flipped through the April Aussie Vogue today. Threw it straight back on the pile. Talk about boring.

I love Madison! Its my favourite magazine from the monthly womens lifestyle glossies (non fashion based) its just got a really chilled look and feel about it, it hasnt got about 10 different fonts and colours going on, it just seems quite comfortable in its skin.

Madison is alright, though when it came out it claimed to be new and different - it's just a less hectic Marie Claire to me.

Though I agree I do quite like their fashions. Wearable without being too run of the mill, they do have some interesting ideas and suggestions sometimes.

There has been a lot of debate about Russh about being out of pocket or not or if it's ACP spinning rumours, etc. Regardless, they have a very definitive identity, produce interesting editorials and features. Readers aren't stupid - which is why so many are flocking to Russh and ignoring other (mostly ACP) magazines. Though Russh isn't always 100% my style, I'll be more inclined to pick that up than say Cosmo, Cleo or even Vogue.

yeah april aus vogue was really bad i didnt even buy it.

so its like a mixture of stuff?? But :cry: my parents are anti gossip and celebrity-ish magazines.

but any who. when is this lovely mag comming out??:wink:

I'm told this issue has already sold out in my shop (20 copies) so yes its doing quite well ^_^

no cosmo, cleo, dolly, girlfriend THEY ARE the worst fashion/gossip/ bull S*** mags ever

Vogue helps influence new industry model age limit

Vogue helps influence new industry model age limit

Rosemount Australian Fashion Week organisers this morning responded to Vogue Australia editor Kirstie Clements’ call for a minimum age of 16 for models appearing in the event.
“In light of industry and community concern regarding the acceptable age for models to appear on the catwalk at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week (RAFW), today RAFW revised its industry policy,” an official statement said.
“Effective immediately both male and female models participating in RAFW will need to be at least 16 years of age and must be represented by a model agency.”
The about face follows Clements’ decision not to feature Polish teenager Monika Jagaciak, also known as Jak, in the magazine when she discovered the model was only 14.
"Jak was booked in for a shoot and a cover try. She's absolutely gorgeous but we thought she was 16. When I discovered that she was 14 we cancelled it immediately,” Clements says. (April 11, 2008)
- Damien Woolnough
[vogue.com.au]

As if Kirstie Clements will make a cover with Monika... :innocent: They only ever make re-prints of celebrities etc. As if they'll give a fresh new Polish model a cover... What a liar? :yuk: That's why Vogue AU sucks! :sick:

^^Not only that, but she's a hypocrite. She had no problem with Katie Braatvedt having a cover and numerous editorials when she was only 15. And now she's trying to be the one to take the credit for this age-ban.

^ I agree exactly and she had absolutely no intention to put Monika on the cover.

Maybe an editorial, which they'll pay her minimally :furious: ; but definitely not a cover! :innocent: :cry:

I really really don't like her, so I am a bit biased against her. I mean come on! She looks like a typical suburbia mum I see strolling around at Woolies with a bunch of screaming kids. A Vogue Editor? Come on! Just take a look at her in the interview [Click this link and click "Concerns over teen model"]. :innocent:

Oh, the things people do for fame! :ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->