Terry Richardson banned from working with Conde Nast

But what u all propose? I mean that s a business where Sex has always been and will always be a part of the business .
I mean seriously, can you realise back in the days what was like the average night of a guy like John casablancas? A good looking guy loving young models and owning a top model agency:smile:
His partner in Elite Gerald Marie was quiet famous for his needs of young girls too.
Still right now the big boss of woman Milan Always share with appartement with young models, are people will really be surprised if he doesn’t not only play cards with them to spend the evening ?
Who is this person?

^ I don't think so, Piero is Elite Milano president since early 2017

must be Piero Piazzi

No.
He is from Balkan, did his money from arms trafficking during Bosnia war in the 90's and used his money to arrive in modeling.

But come on, he is not an exception:smile: boss of Fashion TV Michel Adam has been sentenced of r*pe on underage girls many years ago, and still make big FTV parties where all agencies like to attend...

I could make very very long list. I think lot of you underestimate what kind of CV have the people behind the scene of modeling, to expect them to respect some harassment rules when some of them committed very serious crimes of different nature already, is a bit optimistic to say the least.

^ Speaking of optimistic, I find a theory that 35/40 of Weinstein's victims are fake incredibly optimistic. What I think is far more likely is that we've heard from just a relatively small percentage of his (actual and real) victims, and know about only a fraction of the careers he ruined.

^ Speaking of optimistic, I find a theory that 35/40 of Weinstein's victims are fake incredibly optimistic. What I think is far more likely is that we've heard from just a relatively small percentage of his (actual and real) victims, and know about only a fraction of the careers he ruined.

my numbers was just about an exemple of a proportion fake/real, I have obviously no clue of the overall number.
Now when I say it need to take bit of distance, you say about the carreers he ruined, but as far as I know he is also help to build some the greatest carrier in hollywood, and I m not sure all the top actress he helped has been badly treated

it of course dont justify any unacceptable behavior, but the reality is probably a bit more subtle than the current trends makes it look.

Same for Richardson, no doubt the guy has been guilty of disgusting behavior, but he worked wit ALL top girls on the last 15 years, and as far as I know no super top girls have yet complained

as I say it does not justify anything but probably the girls more "in need of work" arrives more easily in weak position where they're more easily "abused".

my numbers was just about an exemple of a proportion fake/real, I have obviously no clue of the overall number.
Now when I say it need to take bit of distance, you say about the carreers he ruined, but as far as I know he is also help to build some the greatest carrier in hollywood, and I m not sure all the top actress he helped has been badly treated

it of course dont justify any unacceptable behavior, but the reality is probably a bit more subtle than the current trends makes it look.

Same for Richardson, no doubt the guy has been guilty of disgusting behavior, but he worked wit ALL top girls on the last 15 years, and as far as I know no super top girls have yet complained

as I say it does not justify anything but probably the girls more "in need of work" arrives more easily in weak position where they're more easily "abused".

Abused is not spelled "abused".

Last edited by a moderator:
Abused is not spelled "abused".

Correct!!

fritmayo, to say that you are not on the moral high ground is a vast understatement.

Did Weinstein help some actresses? No doubt (and as a side effect of helping himself first and foremost), but what I've seen so far convinces me that it was never without cost. It looks to me like there was no one he wouldn't go after. Salma Hayek? Lupita N'yongo? Nicole Kidman showed up when he beckoned. Uma Thurman clearly has a story to tell. Some predators go after women who aren't strong. He went after every woman who crossed his path, it seems to me.

The best I can say for him is that he has comprehensive tastes.

You seem to take it as a given that some of his accusers are 'fake,' but you haven't provided one piece of credible evidence supporting that supposition. They have.

Correct!!

fritmayo, to say that you are not on the moral high ground is a vast understatement.

LOL!!

On a serious note though, it did surprise me that Weinstein went for such a broad spectrum of women, in terms of personality. Which, regardless of whether they were 'strong' or more docile, he managed to get away with it for a very long time. This is undoubtedly due to power.

Whenever there's a power differential in a relationship, there's the potential for abuse.

What's happening at the moment is a raising of consciousness about the scale of the problem, and where we all - choose to - fit into it.

wtf

Why is this industry so low on morals

Because from business point of view, if you compare to all other entertainment business (cinema, music etc...) modeling is actually a very very small activity from money point of view.
To put in perspective, just imagine that the new Star Wars make in just 1 week more turnover than all model agencies in the world makes in 1 year:smile:

For some entertainment/management group activity in other field, it can have some sens to also have some modeling activity, but as anyway it can only be a very very small of their income, there is actually no real huge solid group (IMG maybe but the whole group can not be considered like really big compare to a cinema studio for example) which has real interest to invest in modeling.

As it is a business from which you can not really make a fortune, it is mostly money backed by people who did their fortune before in other fields and who get into modeling for their own entertainment.

LOL!!

On a serious note though, it did surprise me that Weinstein went for such a broad spectrum of women, in terms of personality. Which, regardless of whether they were 'strong' or more docile, he managed to get away with it for a very long time. This is undoubtedly due to power.

It surprised me that given his look (Jabba the Hutt level), these beautiful women actually wanted to touch him. Cringe!

^ Power has never worked as an aphrodisiac for me. Now that his is gone, maybe those pheromones I see advertised in the back of magazines? :angel:

NYPD Reportedly Investigating Terry Richardson For Sexual Assault

The NYPD is reportedly investigating sexual assault claims against once-celebrated photographer Terry Richardson, the New York Post reports.

This comes as several women have publicly accused Richardson of sexual assault. Most recently model Caron Bernstein told the Daily News Richardson forced oral sex on her during a photoshoot in 2003.

And several other models have shared similar stories: Lindsay Jones told HuffPost that Richardson forced oral sex on her in 2007. Jamie Peck claims Richardson asked her to touch his penis in 2010, and Anna del Gaizo alleges the photographer repeatedly pressed his penis against her face in 2014.

The SVU squad is now reaching out to alleged victims after their accounts have appeared in the media, according to the Post. (The NYPD is reportedly revamping how they investigate sexual assault to make their investigations more victim-centric following sustained criticism around how they handle these cases.)
Richardson has “adamantly” denied all claims against him.
source | nymag

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->