The 2010 FIFA World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ What the :shock:. I can't even imagine it. I feel so bad for them :cry: :cry:
It was a good world cup (well commentators are calling it mediocre etc but who am i to know) and has won ongoing football fans. Me, for one!!

I now know what ugly football is and the meaning of the beautiful total game (mainly from the extreme contrast between Spain and other teams like the Dutch)
I actually know what offside is, when penalties/corners/throw ins happen
I know what a counter attack is and what a set piece is
I am in awe of the dribblers of the game
I love possession play; I am frustrated by defensive/counter-attacking play but i understand that this doesn't happen at club level
I know these are all basic things and there is lots to learn but
I think i have stumbled upon a new obsession.

I have had weird sleeping patterns for a month but it was totally worth it! I cannot wait till the end of august when the club games begin. I've made mental notes of the awesome players I've seen.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for their thoughts; i've enjoyed reading them! Even the 'Florian is hot' ones (which i DO NOT UNDERSTAND!! :P ). I live in a country with little football love so this thread has been a go-to everyday!

xx

edit: i agree with the above posts. I am soo looking forward to euro 12. why are these tournaments so far apart!?! I guess the players have to be free... I have bought a dvd review of euro 08 :P to 'study'
Not that long ^_^. I think Serie A starts on July 15, I know, very soon; Ligue 1 starts on Aug 8, Premier League :woot: on Aug 15 :heart:

I can't believe we have to wait for 4 freaking years just to have fun in about a month :judge:

Last edited by a moderator:
some last impressions of last nights final game...
zimbio.com
[/url]
to some up the whole WC? ohhh well, some good games, some not so good ones, some boring ones, some exciting ones, bad referees, whole games decided by referees, arrogant Italians and French and partly English due to their lacking interest in winning, very good young Germans, disappointed Maradona (bueno, la vida es una tombola, no te preocupes amigo :flower:) , stars who did not live up to the hype (Cannavaro, C. Ronaldo, Kaka, Messi, Rooney), two of my favourites out in the quarter-finals (Argentina, Brazil :( ) , my favourite Spain the winner of it all :woot: - all in all i can make peace with this WC...

Spain won and they deserved it - though they did not score enough goals like i wished them to do - but i think this WC saw so few goals due to the defense systems getting stronger and stronger - the only ones who were good with their counter-philosophy and managed to score quite a lot were the Germans...i'm sure the young Mannschaft will be one to look for in the future!

España - Campeones del Mundo :heart::heart::heart::heart: Gracias :flower:

PS. i hope that with a better strategical help Argentina will rise as a team even beyond the quarter-finals in the future and Brazil will find back to their joy in playing with a new coach...

I have had weird sleeping patterns for a month but it was totally worth it! I cannot wait till the end of august when the club games begin. I've made mental notes of the awesome players I've seen.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for their thoughts; i've enjoyed reading them! Even the 'Florian is hot' ones (which i DO NOT UNDERSTAND!! :P ). I live in a country with little football love so this thread has been a go-to everyday!

I think I come from a similar place where football isn't quite the biggest thing around. I've always liked the game, but never enough to change my sleeping pattern. I owe that to everyone here, you took an interest of mine and turned it into an obsession. I didn't feel crazy having such strong opinions about the various games that have gone by, so thanks:wink:

zimbio.comsorry, can't put them all in one post :blink: but i love to see pics of games - you can see so much emotion in the players' faces....

zimbio.comlast few: i promise :smile:

and yeah, che capitano, che cannavaro - il capitano looking dapper as ever in his Dolce&Gabbana :smile:

que grande es este capitan! :heart:
zimbio.com
Agreed :heart: Apparently they're saying 'que es un santo' as well (a saint :lol: Bless :D )

What a sad world we live in.:( This form of religious attack is an act of cowardice.
I just saw the news, it's obscene and so sad :cry: Those poor people, my heart goes out to them. How disgusting, cruel and inhuman must the attackers be :angry:

that's terrible what happened in Uganda!!! what a shame! what a vicious attack on innocent people!
_______
youtube.com
Spain celebrating! Viva España!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

San Iker
corazonblanco.com

Ah man, I wish they had focused more on the public. Doutzen aswell as Lara Stone were at the final! So much fierceness.

It was a strange WC in total but I enjoyed my time. Except for the results of the last two matches involving Spain :wink:

I am really happy now though to finally un-subscribe from this thread and enjoy my 2nd most beloved sport until Bundesliga starts again in roughly one month.
Adios amigos :smile:

i´mmm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! oeoeoeoeoeoe campeones campeones oeoeoeoeoeeo campeones campeones ESPAÑA es la mejor!!!!!:woot::buzz::clap:

btw what a shame!!!! Netherlands, are you proud with that dirty game?..ahahaha divine justice!!!:D Just gonna laugh at Netherlands. Just laughing.

I just found this on tumblr :lol: with the caption:

that`s right…WORK IT BOYS ; )

:rofl:

tumblrl5fi68szu51qcdg4r.jpg

source: Tumblr, arazmahtaz's page (http://arazmahtaz.tumblr.com/)

i´mmm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! oeoeoeoeoeoe campeones campeones oeoeoeoeoeeo campeones campeones ESPAÑA es la mejor!!!!!:woot::buzz::clap:

btw what a shame!!!! Netherlands, are you proud with that dirty game?..ahahaha divine justice!!!:D Just gonna laugh at Netherlands. Just laughing.
:huh: What justice? I don't recall the Netherlands doing Spain any harm. Not in the present nor the past.

Are you proud of your acting skills too?

Congrats Spain! You did well. For a 3rd place :P nah just picking, congratulations.
I'm ready to move on though.
Premier League, here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"