The 4-5 piece French wardrobe #10

Discussion in 'Personal Style' started by tFS Thread Manager, Aug 5, 2017.

1. eizhowa

eizhowa Active Member

^I felt I had my style (and the matching wardrobe) pretty much figured out, but now I am trying to merge that with office appropriate clothes (that will give the impression I want to give). I pretty much had all the questions in that post sorted.

Ordered two pairs of black patent Porsellis. Can't wait for them to arrive april-mai 2019!

2. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

^ That long?!

Just stopped in to note that I discarded some shoes today. Awhile back I bought some emergency sandals at Target when mine broke at work (rose gold Birkenstock style). I thought I wouldn't wear them, but in fact have worn them out. I've worn the texture off the soles in places so that now they're dangerous on a wet surface (raining cats & dogs today). I plan to replace them ...

I believe they cost something <$30, but the fit isn't quite right at the toes, and so I think they're not worth repairing (and the insoles aren't clean). Hopefully I can improve on the fit with the new pair ... and then maintain them.

3. barbaraaa

barbaraaa Member

I'm doing a major closet cleanup and it feels great. Trying to get rid of (ie, see if my mother or sister want it before considering donating) pieces that I don't wear pretty much ever, don't feel super comfortable in, aren't that fresh anymore... Will probably try to sell the shoes as I wear a bigger size than them though.

4. fashionista-ta

I finally bought something Nike as I've been intending to do tonight! I'm on a business trip & staying in a neighborhood where I can walk to dinner, and I passed a store selling it on the way back. I told them that my intention was to support the brand because of their advertising ;) This is activewear, so not counting it ...

footlocker

View attachment Nike.jpg

#404 fashionista-ta, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  5. fashionista-ta

Looks like it finally worked, when I attached nothing :blink:

Nike.jpg

6. Betinapple

Betinapple Active Member

Seconding this. I am starting to feel like I'm well on my way to figuring it out though.

@Barbara: how did it go with your wardrobe overhaul?

A few new items in my wardrobe:
    - Norse project turtleneck (gift from my SO), mine is a dark burgundy. Perfect for both lounging and out and about
    - ARKET cardigan in a merino/alpaca blend. So warm and soft. The colour is really good on me as well.
    - Pink pearl beaded bag
    - And the aforementioned zebra jacket.

Pics arket.com, Norse project.com Ganni.com

cb5015a8a6c1e39e74f8ffe80ed07458.jpg af3133e1963997774d37454af5b4b47f.jpg 14650fd0487f3632b5ea093af37ee70a.jpg 821a8500a1d035668101b29b5c51184f.jpg

7. barbaraaa

barbaraaa Member

I love Nike, all their pieces have a great design and are super comfortable.

Betina, I love the zebra jacket. Also the turtleneck! If only turtlenecks weren't so uncomfortable for me...

The closet cleaning is still a work in progress, but it feels oddly liberating. I gave away some pieces that I think eventually I might slightly regret, but it was for the best. Even when I wore them, they didn't feel me anymore - I had a lot of clothing from my very late teens or very early twenties. I'm 28...

8. eizhowa

eizhowa Active Member

Fashionista-ta: Customer service reached out to me and said it might take 8-9 months instead :/

Betina: Sort of wish I were cool enough to pull off a pink beaded bag! Sometimes I feel like such a peasant:lol:

I have ordered an absolute ton of clothes to try on. If a store offers free shipping and free returns, I will never set foot in that store! I will let you know if I keep anything :)

.The reason I came onto this thread is because I have found the Isabel Marant blazer I ruined second hand. It seems unused. I wore that coat to death, but it feels weird to buy the same coat for a second time. It would pay the same as I paid in 2015. It would mean I would be set jacket-wise for spring/summer/fall for 2019/2020/2021. Okay, nevermind, I just talked myself into buying it:D:stuart:

I also ordered a pair of Porsellis from the resale market. Black suede. I can not be porselli-less for 8-9 months.

9. eizhowa

eizhowa Active Member

Turns out the blazer was a size FR38 not FR36, so no blazer for me :(

10. twistelette

twistelette Member

8-9 months :shock:
    And too bad about the blazer! I have bought repeat items before and it felt slightly weird... but then I was glad I did, when a piece is good it's good, right. Hope it will come up again!

Barbaraa: how is the clean out going? So much work but so satisfying...

Betina: love that pink bag

Ta-ta: comfy looking Nike sweater, love what your purchase stands for :heart:

Me: I had two 'big' items I want for fall, a new winter coat and black boots. Found the coat last weekend, a deep dark midnight blue wool coat from COS.
    I also had some more thrifty luck, found a top by a.friend (A.F. Vandevorst diffusion line), dark purple fine knit with a black silk panel on the front + a Dries van Noten (!) top/sweater, raglan sleeves, slightly textured knit in the most delicious light apricot-y shade.

fashionista-ta likes this.
  11. SouthernVogue

SouthernVogue Member

Betina: love that pink beaded bag & zebra jacket

12. fashionista-ta

twistelette, thrifty luck indeed!!! Please share pix! (And thanks :heart:)

betina, love the color of the sweater, and looks like it will keep you all cozy and warm this winter ...

13. twistelette

twistelette Member

Yes! Excuse the picture quality :unsure:
    Just when I thought thrifting might not be worth the time and energy it takes...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Nymphaea and fashionista-ta like this.
  14. twistelette

twistelette Member

^ It's not very visible in that picture, but the a.friend top has an adjustable drawstring through the silk panel at the neck. :heart:

15. fashionista-ta

I notice three of us have gotten different items in similar shades of pink :crush:

barbaraaa likes this.
  16. Fewormany

Fewormany Member

I got a new jacket, not a style I imagined beforehand but I'm really happy with it. Not pink though. ;) The body is boiled wool and the sleeves are a really soft leather and it's lined to make it even more comfortable (the pin on the picute isn't on it though).
    Besides the jacket I got some basic (and one not so basic, b/w striped with green graffiti print) t-shirts in different colors/patterns at COS.

pic, grailed .com
    d3e498adf8efc9adab5e5de1ddd1eeb4.jpg

eizhowa, fashionista-ta and Nymphaea like this.
  17. fashionista-ta

^ Better be careful that someone who loves that tobacco color doesn't steal it from you ;)

eizhowa likes this.
  18. eizhowa

eizhowa Active Member

Oh, hello jacket!:cool::blush:

19. fashionista-ta

Got these tonight to replace the ones from Target that I had to toss ... they are pearlescent. Didn't have a choice of interesting colors at Nordstrom, so this was the best I could do ...

These are item #1 for next spring. Also thinking about a new travel tote ... my current one has some shortcomings. I'm thinking about a blush color ... am I crazy? ;)

nordstrom

Birkenstock pearl.jpeg

20. Betinapple

Betinapple Active Member

@barbaraaa: thank you! I am really into turtlenecks these days. I dont really like wearing scarves indoors, so in that sense they are especially great #alwayscold

Getting rid of things so that your closet only holds things you actually wear feels great.

@Fewormany: that jacket looks awesome. Such a beautiful colour.

@eizhowa: why thank you :flower: not sure if I am cool enough either - in any case you are the coolest peasant I know! it is definitely a little loud, not an every day bag ;) great for parties though. Did any of the clothes you order work out?

@twistelette: thank you :flower: your thrift finds looks great.

@fashionista-ta: I say go I terms of a blush tote ;)

twistelette and fashionista-ta like this.