The 4-5 Piece French Wardrobe #10

^ I guess probably the Outnet has its own customers, and I believe it has more prestige ... but I wish they were combined. I find Yoox much more useful since it has a better selection, especially for size, but I do check the Outnet occasionally ... especially if they send me e-mail about new stuff from a favorite designer :wink:

Thanks for your help guys. They do indeed ship from Italy. This Ganni dress is on its way to me now. Looking forward to seeing how I like it when it arrives. Feeling very picky these days, don't see a lot of things that I am really truly drawn towards.

Concerning the outnet and yoox, I guess they perhaps started as separate sites and one company bought the other?

Pic via the outnet.com

gannidress.jpg

The outnet and yoox will have different sets of contracts. Combining them would be a massive job. Different countries, different rules. There are probably not enough advantages in doing it. If they belong to the same group, they just have the same owners, broadly speaking.

Dress looks great Betina!

Well, my scarf arrived today ... with a snag, so I think it's fair to say the 3rd time was not the charm :wink: Had I snagged it myself, I would fold it to hide it, but I don't want to be saddled with their defective merchandise, esp. not for full price :hardhead: Not at any price ...

After visiting two stores that were supposed to have it and striking out at both, I think I'm ready to give up and think about springing for the more expensive option I found. The oblong shape is OK, but I do prefer a square shape, which I believe the other one is. We'll see what they say when I return it tomorrow ...

PS I returned it last night, and I got the customer service manager, who was quite good. She found one still apparently in the original packaging at a local store, and they're sending it to me. So hopefully the 4th attempt will get it done :wink:

I've found a couple things on Yoox I want to try.

PS I returned it last night, and I got the customer service manager, who was quite good. She found one still apparently in the original packaging at a local store, and they're sending it to me. So hopefully the 4th attempt will get it done :wink:

I've found a couple things on Yoox I want to try.

Keeping my fingers crossed! Aren't you worried that it will snag easily when you start wearing it, considering this issue? (or maybe I'm just clumbsy).

Thinking my next purchase will be this headband. Loving this pale yellow colour ATM (and polka dots too, apparently) and think it will add a nice touch of colour to my slightly darker winter outfits. Other than that I probably wont be shopping for a while since I am moving next month (hello furniture shopping!).

stinegoyahårbånd.jpg

^ It's possible that it's slightly more delicate, but it's the same general type of scarf as all my others in current rotation. I'm careful about not wearing rings that will snag when wearing something like this, so hopefully it will be fine. Let's hope you haven't jinxed my poor scarf :wink: :lol:

I was kind of shocked when shopping for this one how little protected they are. Most scarves aren't in glass cases or anything like that. One store had them in ring holders with some slight protection (behind a divider), and Nordstrom just had the McQueen scarves and others on skirt hangers, all crowded together on this little rack. I thought that was quite sloppy.

The website told me it would be coming from a store, but it didn't even occur to me it would be shopworn. On reflection, I thought it should have ...

i am so glad that i finally found a jewelry-maker that i trust! i just repaired my three-stone diamond rings and pearl dangle earrings. now am commissioned a pair of blue sapphire dangling earring, using gemstones that I received as a gift since I was 11 years old! always wanted to put those stone into jewelry, but never met a jewelry-maker that i feel comfortable with.

will show you the final product when it is ready.

Keeping my fingers crossed! Aren't you worried that it will snag easily when you start wearing it, considering this issue? (or maybe I'm just clumbsy).

Thinking my next purchase will be this headband. Loving this pale yellow colour ATM (and polka dots too, apparently) and think it will add a nice touch of colour to my slightly darker winter outfits. Other than that I probably wont be shopping for a while since I am moving next month (hello furniture shopping!).

View attachment 1093661

it is pretty, and i can imagine it will brighten up your face. btw what is your winter colour palette, if you dont mind me asking?

^ It's possible that it's slightly more delicate, but it's the same general type of scarf as all my others in current rotation. I'm careful about not wearing rings that will snag when wearing something like this, so hopefully it will be fine. Let's hope you haven't jinxed my poor scarf :wink: :lol:

I was kind of shocked when shopping for this one how little protected they are. Most scarves aren't in glass cases or anything like that. One store had them in ring holders with some slight protection (behind a divider), and Nordstrom just had the McQueen scarves and others on skirt hangers, all crowded together on this little rack. I thought that was quite sloppy.

The website told me it would be coming from a store, but it didn't even occur to me it would be shopworn. On reflection, I thought it should have ...
ugh, i HATE when it happens, and when you want to exchange it, they dont have anymore in that design!

hope we dont jinkx your beautiful scarf, tho. and based on my exeprience, they are quite sturdy (or i just dont notice any snagging i my scarf...?)

i am so glad that i finally found a jewelry-maker that i trust! i just repaired my three-stone diamond rings and pearl dangle earrings. now am commissioned a pair of blue sapphire dangling earring, using gemstones that I received as a gift since I was 11 years old! always wanted to put those stone into jewelry, but never met a jewelry-maker that i feel comfortable with.

will show you the final product when it is ready.

Sounds like fun!

Yoox has 25% off selected items right now, so I ordered the things I've been thinking about, two of which had this discount. I'm expecting only some of these to work. One is a label/size I already own, but the others are more a roll of the dice ...

I showed the back of the green shirt as it's the interesting part. I don't think I own anything embroidered, but this sweatshirt appealed to me. I wanted another, as I finally discarded a hand-knit sweater I've owned since the 90s. (This is Manoush, a French label that's new to me. The others are MM6 Martin Margiela.)

yoox

Manoush sweatshirt.jpg
MM6 lavender.jpg
MM6 green back.jpg

@fashionista-ta: Hope I haven't jinxed your newfound scarf luck :flower: New pieces looks gorgeous; the blouses seem very "you" and the sweatshirt is really cute with the embroidery.

@floodette:
Thank you! A pop of colour is definetely good for me this time of year. I don't feel like I keep a strict colour scheme, but of course I do have some kind of goal and I can definetely see som tendencies. The base of most of my outfits is black and white of some form (stripes, polkadots, florals, zebraprint, a few solids) with pops of muted colours (light green, pale blue, pale pink, muted red etc) and brown accents (shoes, bags, glasses). Gold for accesories (jewelry, glasses). The pictures from my shopping overlook from last year a few pages back is probably pretty representative.

Looking forward to seeing the earrings - sounds pretty!

^ Let me tell you about my scarf luck :rofl: I'm now on try #4, and yesterday I got a text and voicemail from a woman who's in the same nearby city as the store that was supposed to send me the scarf. The scarf came to her (!!), but some of the plates she ordered are nowhere to be found. We are hoping that perhaps my shipping label went on her plates, and maybe they'll come today. She called the store to tell them she got my order, and they didn't seem to know what to do, so she contacted me. I have dinner plans in her city this weekend, so I'm going to stop by and get my scarf--and drop off any order for her that should happen to arrive at my house!! :blink::huh::rolleyes: Since it wasn't a normal order, I had no tracking information for it. I am so glad she got in touch!

@fashionista-ta adventurous scarf!!!! wow, so glad that the lady decided to give you a call! hope her plates will appear somehow on your door. Am a bit appalled that the store did not do anything to rectify the situation

@Betinapple love to hear your colors! it conjures to me spring in a cold place (am a tropical girl, so that sounds exotic for me)

^ I stopped by to pick it up last night and yay! It is undamaged, and she received all of her other boxes since we talked. I guess there was no shipping label for me ...

Since Yoox has 20% off today only, I ordered this denim jacket. Longtime readers may recall I lost my beloved Ralph Lauren denim jacket some years ago :wink: This is hopefully its replacement ... High by Claire Campbell, a line I didn't know existed ... perhaps I'll buy from it again now that I do. She works on a fit model, cutting with these giant shears and pinning.

yoox

High denim jacket.jpg

^ nice jacket! Very special detailing...

And whoa, so lucky about the scarf! Not only that it was undamaged this time around, but the fact that the lady did contact you... not everyone would be that honest, sadly.

^ I know!! She even said how pretty the scarf was! I really appreciate that it ended up in the hands of someone nice. No way would I have gotten that scarf back from Melania :rofl:

Yoox order #1 arrived tonight, and I am only keeping the sweatshirt. The dress was too small, and the top was ... odd. Sleeves borderline tight, so not comfortable, and the sides pulled oddly due to the gathering in the back. The fabric is also so lightweight that it looks cheap and I'm sure this would only get worse once it's actually worn. From the front it reminds me of something found at Goodwill, previously worn by a deeply depressed man while drinking beer on the couch :wink: This is not the look I'm going for.

My jacket has shipped, so awaiting its arrival ... :crush:

floodette, how are your earrings coming along?

My denim jacket arrived today, and I think it's a keeper. Also ordered a couple other things from Yoox. My order was a bit short for the free shipping, so I threw in another pair of sweatpants in order to get it. (Both have additional discounts from the current sale.)

I recently had to admit one of the pairs of organic cotton velour pants I bought when I was WFH 10 years ago was worn out, and I tossed them onto the rag pile. (It seems no one is wearing velour anymore, but I don't let that stop me :wink:) With my new sweatpants, that leaves me with only two pair that go from desk to errands to bed, like I want them to. Now that it's really winter, I decided I needed at least 3, so now I'll hopefully have 4. I'm also looking for tops (or dresses) for spring, so I'm trying this See by Chloe pale yellow T. Not sure if this is the right size for me as I've never worn this brand before ...

yoox

Sweats 2.jpg sweats 1.jpg See by Chloe.jpg

I have a skirt from See By Chloe and I find it runs a little big, but it might have been that particular skirt. Lovely top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->